PDA

View Full Version : Where to buy 450R frame?

Bad Ass TA WS6
08-18-2004, 05:12 PM
Is the normal thing to go back to the dealer and try and get them to cover cracked frames?

Is there a better place online where I can purchase a frame from? With all the other quad makers (ie. Yamaha, Suzuki, Kawasaki) you are able to buy OEM parts offline. For instance at Alba you can buy frames for Yamahas etc.

Is there a site for Hondas with the same idea, or has Honda set things up so that these parts are only available through a dealer?

The local Ford/Honda/ Cycle dealership will NOT cover these defects as I call in the frame. I'd rather not even give them the time of day that being the case, and I'd like to pick a frame up from someone else.

For my Raptor a frame was around 600 bucks new. I'd imagine our frames would be a bit more expensive. Can anyone lend me a helping hand?

Rob

416rider
08-18-2004, 05:14 PM
Service Honda

www.servicehonda.com

Bad Ass TA WS6
08-18-2004, 07:04 PM
Thanks so much, that's exactly what I'm looking for!

08-18-2004, 07:58 PM
they are cheaper here. www.planethondaracing.com you can get one there at your door in 2 weeks for about $500 compared to servicehondas month they told me & $600 shipped

#1speedbump
08-18-2004, 08:14 PM
Why wont the dealer cover the frame? If I were you I'd call Honda directly and ask them why they wont honor their frame, your not the first one to have cracking issues. Try to find another dealer. Also their are a few gusset kits available.

Woody_YFZ
08-18-2004, 08:29 PM
Originally posted by #1speedbump
Why wont the dealer cover the frame? If I were you I'd call Honda directly and ask them why they wont honor their frame, your not the first one to have cracking issues. Try to find another dealer. Also their are a few gusset kits available.

They'll call it abuse.

Bad Ass TA WS6
08-18-2004, 08:42 PM
Originally posted by Woody_YFZ
They'll call it abuse.

Exactly. Apparently these guys love to take the money, but give the ol' BS abuse story when you come in with a defective product.

I don't understand what happens with my VIN#s though. If I get a new frame, is there a VIN that comes along with it? Or do I reuse my old one?

What a pain...

Thanks for the link Mike! $100 savings sounds like a plan to me.

Rob

08-18-2004, 09:39 PM
not only $100 saving but also much quicker turnaround time ;) ...when i talked to my dealer about my tweaked frame I was told it was abuse & they wouldnt do anything about it...I asked them what do I do about my new Vin numbers & i forget what they said...I think you reuse your old one but then again the new one may need to be stamped with a number they give you? maybe someone else can help me here

Bad Ass TA WS6
08-19-2004, 06:12 AM
Thanks for the info again Mike, you're helping me out big time.

My current frame isn't even stamped, it's just got one those real strong stickers up on the front of them frame.

Unless I find that it is stamped somewhere else when I take the whole thing apart.

Stamping a frame is not my idea of fun, who else could I have do it, so it doesn't come out looking like crap?

Rob

GE4x4
08-19-2004, 07:25 AM
You should be able to get that under warrenty. My brother broke his Predator frame near the rear shock mount. Polaris is giving him a new frame plus all the labor. They did say it would be the last one for him and told him to get a better rear shock if he continues to ride hard and jump.

08-19-2004, 08:10 AM
honda hates to warranty anything.....my dealer did tell me that the only stamp is the one near the front bumper...im not sure that hes right though

Bad Ass TA WS6
08-19-2004, 11:27 AM
Originally posted by MixMasterMike
honda hates to warranty anything.....my dealer did tell me that the only stamp is the one near the front bumper...im not sure that hes right though

So far that's all I see. I'm on lunch break right now, figuring out how I'm going to do the whole VIN swapping thing.

GE4x4
08-19-2004, 11:57 AM
I would try to warrenty it before you go out a buy a new one. There have been many with broken frames and the more that are spoken to Honda about, maybe they will start fixing them.

By the way, I see you are from NH. Where do you ride? Maybe we can meet up some time. I live in southern NH.