PDA

View Full Version : bass guitar

zephead400ex
08-18-2004, 03:52 PM
I'm trying to pick up the bass, kind of hard so far but it's only been a week. So far the hardest part is getting my fingers in the right spot quickly enough.

Anyone know any easy songs to play? I have learned parts of songs and I know all of Mr. Jones by the Counting Crows.

I can't find hardly anything online other than videos I can buy that gives some direction on how to play.

Any help would be appreciated.

later

Jellyrolls
08-18-2004, 04:09 PM
sorry bro i dont really know much about bass guitars...
but does guitar pro not have a bass tab thing?

zephead400ex
08-18-2004, 04:22 PM
Originally posted by Jellyrolls
sorry bro i dont really know much about bass guitars...
but does guitar pro not have a bass tab thing?

At their website? If it's www.guitarpro.com, there isn't really anything pertaining to bass that I could find. I can get all the tabs I need but I need to find some fairly easy songs to play. I think I am going to try Comfortably Numb tonight. We'll see how that goes.

Anyone else have anything?

Jellyrolls
08-18-2004, 04:29 PM
staind might be easy...

whatever you do dont get OLD metallica's bass..because cliff burton was AMAZING and its really hard to play some of hist stuff...

thursday
08-18-2004, 04:35 PM
some really easy bass to play is Blink 182

www.mxtabs.net , my bro plays bass, and then when u get better start playing Red hot chilli peppers and incubus

440ex2001
08-18-2004, 08:13 PM
Go to http://www.about.com and type in bass lessons you should find some thing there. I learned playing guitar from that site during my down time in school. Hope this helps. Have you learned dazed and confuzed yet?