PDA

View Full Version : yo zephead check this out

Jellyrolls
08-18-2004, 03:31 PM
DUDE i cant freaking believe this check this site out...I HOPE IT IS TRUE OMG
http://www.ledzeppelintickets.net/
could you imagine seeing the greatest band of all time up their on stage? HOLY CRAP

zephead400ex
08-18-2004, 04:08 PM
Not happening. That was the rumor in '03 but it never happened. Page and Plant have pissed off John Paul Jones. But I can't blame Jones for not wanting to play with them. Plus Bonham's son, Jason, was said to have agreed to play drums but there are many sources that say he was never asked.

Unfortunatly it will never happen.

I have seen Robert Plant with his band, Strange Sensations. That was absolutely the best day in my life!

Jellyrolls
08-18-2004, 04:10 PM
awe man that sucks dude....i got all excited....i was going to be the first one in line to get the tickets lol after you prolly though..haha
i havent ever heard of plants band?

zephead400ex
08-18-2004, 04:17 PM
They are good! I was really surprised!!! They played a few Zep tunes and sounded good, but it's not the same:devil:

I remember when there was a lot of hype about them getting back together. I was ready to quit my job and follow them around!!! I would give a left nut...well actually, both nuts to see them live. The best live band of all time.

Have you ever listened to any of their live stuff? If not, do yourself a favor and listen to some of it. I have a lot of live stuff but The Song Remains the Same has a 27 minute version of Dazed and Confused. This is absolutely the best version of Dazed and Confuzed there is.

There is other 'mainstream' stuff that a lot of people don't know about but that is the stuff that I like the best. Dude, I got to stop, I could go on for hours!

Thanks for the post though! \m/

Jellyrolls
08-18-2004, 04:33 PM
hmm i will have to check out some live stuff..
what are you fave zep songs???

i like over the hills and far away......and i cant remember the name but i know it says 'where the wind dont blow you really shouldnt' go'
help me out lol its buggin me

phatswinn
08-18-2004, 07:26 PM
thats wat is and what should never be

yea i heard about that too, too bad page couldnt get robert plant to go with it, it would be awsome...id pay whatever the price of the tickets would be to see it

440ex2001
08-18-2004, 07:56 PM
Led Zeppelin is the onlyband in history to never sell out. They are my favorite my far. That band was like the dream team. They had the best drummer of all time best guitar player (in many opinions) and the best lead singer of all time. Jon paul Joneswas over looked but could play anything that made a sound better than anyone I've ever heard. I wish i could go back in time to see them. It sucks that we will never be able to see them live. I hate that they wont get back together but I respect there reasons. The closest thing I've ever seen to zep was Robert Plant and Jimmy page Playing "Gallows Pole" on Unledded. I think it was on MTV. Zephead do you have any links to some video clips of plant and page playing ? I cant get enough of zep.

zephead400ex
08-19-2004, 12:47 PM
Here is a link off of their official website.
http://www.led-zeppelin.com/mm.html

John Paul Jones is/was the most underrated musciain. Because of the initial "big name" in the band, Page, Jones was over looked by most people. In my opinion Jones was the most talented musciain in the band, with Bonham running a very close second. Zeppelin would not be Zeppelin without Bonham.

It's a shame that Page and Plant burned the bridge to Jones. If they would not have left Jones out of reunion tours, they would be playing together!!!:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Jellyrolls: Man, I have a lot of favorite songs. No particular order though:)

No Quarter
The Rover
Friends
Out on the Tiles
Gallows Pole
Tangerine
Thats the Way
In the Light
Bron-Yr-Aur *acoustic
Ten Years Gone
Achilles' Last Stand
Bring it on Home
Thank You
Poor Tom
Babe I'm Gonna Leave You
How Many More Times
Your Time is Gonna Come
The Battle of Evermore
When the Levee Breaks

...the list could go on but these songs are some of my favorite that are not necessarily "mainstream."