PDA

View Full Version : new to MX

oneten
08-18-2004, 11:41 AM
hey all, im 14 and i race a 400ex at my local track but im not great at it so im wondering if anyone has any tips for me!!! im used to mx becouse i use to ride dirt bikes and i know the basics like go for it or don't (i learned that the hard way opn my dirt bike) so any tips will help

thanks,
spencer

daddio
08-18-2004, 12:27 PM
practice,practice,practice, then practice some more.:) :) :)

sharkinthepool
08-18-2004, 01:57 PM
Start on a small jump. Try it in every gear to get the idea of what "YOUR" 400ex will do! Then go on to something a little bigger, then maybe a double.
Just learn your bike and learn about yourself on that bike!!! Not everything is the same for everyone.

Then as daddio pointed out practice. Practice A LOT!!!!

Good luck and have fun. Don't get discouraged! Try a little of everything you might find that Grand Prix and TT are just as fun if not funner than MX.

Good Luck.

oneten
08-18-2004, 10:36 PM
ok thanks guys itl help

nemesis
08-21-2004, 05:59 PM
Get wheel spacers and it with make it easier to take the turns.

ny300exrider
08-21-2004, 08:02 PM
actually dont get wheel spacers, your ball joints will bend from the stress of the jumps. just practice and get comfortable with the track before going nuts

roostin_dale
08-21-2004, 08:30 PM
Originally posted by nemesis
Get wheel spacers and it with make it easier to take the turns.

wheel spacers :rolleyes:

too much stress and chity bumpsteer!
Just practice man, youll get the hang of it

oneten
08-22-2004, 01:27 PM
k thanks all, last time i went to the track though i slid sideways into a pond (it kinda sucked but its all good) o and another question where do yall ride? what track?

JRDrider22
08-22-2004, 06:19 PM
im 14 as well and im gonna get into the mx races here.im not bragging but im good for my age.what i try to do is fine the fast lines and see the A riders and what they take. also around me there are pros like dustin wimmer, rocco arno,all jrd guys so i get used of being in middle of it.people cant tell you what to do, you have to do it yourself

daddio
08-23-2004, 06:59 AM
Originally posted by oneten
k thanks all, last time i went to the track though i slid sideways into a pond (it kinda sucked but its all good) o and another question where do yall ride? what track?
since you're from the northwest check out "quadsonly.com".
they have a calendar with most of the races around here.
we have raced at albany and salem, ore. there is an outdoor series at woodland, wa. starting in oct. you should also come to the "top gun" at washougal labor day weekend. they will have a true beginner class. check your local bike shop to see if they have a team. if not call DeVol racing 360-825-2106 ask for Garrett, or call enumclaw suzuki 360-825-4502 and ask for Jeff.
they will get you on a team.