PDA

View Full Version : how fast are trx450s?

daddio
08-18-2004, 08:11 AM
http://www.theatvcompound.com/forums/uploads/images/527.jpg
for all you trx450r fans. here is one being passed by a blaster. lmao.
just kidding. the kid on the blaster is a really good rider.

08-18-2004, 08:19 AM
hes probably being overlapped.....j/k

daddio
08-18-2004, 08:32 AM
Originally posted by MixMasterMike
hes probably being overlapped.....j/k
no he's not. I was there. the blaster is always slow on the start against bigger bikes. he was last comming out of the first turn and passed 8 quads on his way to third overall. including another trx450r, a couple 250r's, 3 400ex's, and a yfz.
like I said. It was all rider. :D :D :D

bradley300
08-18-2004, 08:33 AM
lmao, cool. isnt that your son? sounds like he's a heck of a rider

dirtmomma
08-18-2004, 09:01 AM
:blah: :macho Right on Daddio ;) always nice to see them lil quads do that :macho I always like to see DJ practice w/ the big guys, he's held off 250R's raptors ect it's funny as hell, & YEP it's rider!!!!! I'll have to see about getting up to Hannegan the 29th see if we can get my bro in law to bring his bad *** R up there & open it up :eek: I think it'll be FREAKY fast!!!!!!

daddio
08-18-2004, 10:09 AM
Originally posted by bradley300
lmao, cool. isnt that your son? sounds like he's a heck of a rider It is my son. and he can hold is own against bigger bikes. I wish there were more blasters to race against in the northwest. next year we are trying to get him to a couple national events, to see how he does against the really fast guys.

quadrcr161
08-18-2004, 10:30 AM
there is a kid here on a blaster that will jump a lot of things guys on bigger quads wont. its all rider once the gate drops.

dirtmomma
08-19-2004, 09:21 AM
Originally posted by daddio
It is my son. and he can hold is own against bigger bikes. I wish there were more blasters to race against in the northwest. next year we are trying to get him to a couple national events, to see how he does against the really fast guys.

TAKE HIM FLATTRACKIN' @ Monroe there's a ton of them out there!! Are you gonna be @ Skagit Speedway for the big flattrack :blah: :macho it's August 28!!!

daddio
08-19-2004, 10:12 AM
we did try flat track, but Reed likes to "jump" and do more technical stuff. he did ride in the tacoma dome and did real well, considering he was riding a stock blaster and lt80 and neither one was set up for flat track.
I thought about going to skagit, but there won't be any quads, from what I understand. but we will be at Hannegan on sunday the 29th.

dirtmomma
08-19-2004, 10:20 AM
Hmmm well I just got an email fron the secretary of the club saying there would be but who knows I suppose it depends on how many show up maybe? I think we are gonna put ours on display @ the Cycle barn display, it will be the "How to flattrack on a TIGHT budget display" LMAO I'm kidding but it's the truth!!

And as for the liking the techincal stuff yeah DJ wants to do MX but it's hard when ya got stock suspension & having to keep raising & lowering, he's been working more on jumping though & is starting to get some decent air, hell he aired it out in the yard the other day :eek2: he jumped a berm that he didn't think he could :rolleyes: I knew he could but he's just not too sure on the jumping thing, I think he's still getting used to the quad for that type of riding, he's riding it on 2 tires now like he does his 90, I just let him play in the yard that's what he did w/ the 90 for 2 yrs & can throw that thing around big time!! But stick him on a flattrack & he looks GOOOOOD!! :):)

Sportrax10
08-19-2004, 02:01 PM
Is it just me, or does that kid look extremely cramped up on that Blaster?

daddio
08-19-2004, 02:08 PM
Originally posted by Sportrax10
Is it just me, or does that kid look extremely cramped up on that Blaster?
naw, it's just you. he just turned 13, weighs 110 lbs soaking wet and is'nt that tall. I think it's cause he is trying with body english to turn the quad. look at his foot. it's a couple inches off the footpeg. reed has been on his blaster for 2-1/2 years now, and he is just now able to throw it around like the adults do on big quads.

daddio
08-19-2004, 02:17 PM
http://www.theatvcompound.com/forums/uploads/images/503.jpg
here is a better picture. same bike (except desert tank) this one is in june, the one passing a 450r is in march.
I didn't mean for this to be a Reed thread. I was just poking fun at honda's......... but don't take it wrong. I like honda's and yamaha's