PDA

View Full Version : addicted and wanting help!

Yamaha_Babe250
08-18-2004, 01:52 AM
So I have been clean off drugs and alcohol for about 6 1/2 months! (if you only knew my life while using you'd understand why I have been clean) Any hoot, I had a beer a few weeks ago and have lately been having a beer or two a lot!! But never enuf to get drunk. I cant understand why I feel like I need to drink or use....for me the feeling of not feeling is great and it temporarily takes away the pain and bull shiat in my life. I honestly feel myself slowly going back to my old habbits and I can't stop. I have heard from other recovering alcoholis and addicts that they have a substitue to help them forget about their craving....I just want to know if anyone knows of anyone or even has thesame problem themselves and what their "substitue" is! Or just any advice would help, I can't talk about it with my family cuz they think I am doin so good at being clean I don't want to dissappoint them, thats all that I have ever felt like...a dissappointment, so please, if anyone could help I would love your imput! Thanks!:confused: 16

NikNacs67
08-18-2004, 01:58 AM
I say get addicted to somthing else like sex and stealing or become a cutter;) .

Yamaha_Babe250
08-18-2004, 02:02 AM
Thanks, but Im not depressed and Im too cute to hurt myself...I have enuf sex with my boyfriend and I have been caught shoplifting 3 times and It just aint workin for me...but you put a smile on my face...so I guess that counts 4 sumthin right!! Later buddy.....goin to the beach 2morrow gotta get some sleep!

NikNacs67
08-18-2004, 02:07 AM
Welp, I did my good deed for the day so im off to lala land too. Enjoy your day at the beach and try not to get knocked up, drunk, OD and steal to many drugs:p .

derekhonda
08-18-2004, 03:48 AM
alcoholism is a disease and the only cure is to not ever drink. Once you admit that there is a problem (you did) and you are able to over come it (did that too) you cannot go back to the land of only having a drink or two every so often because you will slide right back into your diseases arms.

If you truely, honestly, want to overcome alcoholism, dont drink, not even one, not only on new years eve, never.

stiffy
08-18-2004, 07:36 AM
I agree with Derek I hope all goes well for ya. Maybe you could help out at an animal shelter or something I volunteer at our local homeless pets place and it feels good to help out especially an animal since I like my dogs and horse more than I do most people.
Good Luck:)

MotoX3
08-18-2004, 07:41 AM
Originally posted by Yamaha_Babe250
Thanks, but Im not depressed and Im too cute to hurt myself...I have enuf sex with my boyfriend and I have been caught shoplifting 3 times and It just aint workin for me... :rolleyes: was it really nessecary(sp) to tell us all that?

TRX45OR
08-18-2004, 07:50 AM
Ever herd of NA or AA ive seen it work even been to a few meetings too its all good. p.s. the croud that you keep could be the biggest problem, like your boy friend does he do the things your trying your trying too quit ? One more thing when you say drugs? thats not very clear.

sn0wrider
08-18-2004, 08:07 AM
get addicted to riding your atv.. when i am bored i play this game on my pc called counter-strike and when i was younger i played it all the time it is so addicting, so i dont know, maybe get addicted to something you like and not drugs/alcohol..;)

WOracing
08-18-2004, 08:10 AM
Originally posted by MotoX3
:rolleyes: was it really nessecary(sp) to tell us all that?

lol
08-18-2004, 10:57 AM
Originally posted by MotoX3

lol i guess it was

Derek gave amazing advice listen to him he's right

chad cavagnaro
08-18-2004, 11:23 AM
congradulations for recognizing that you have a problem with drugs and alcohol. i think you have been getting some good advise on here. my mother is a recovering alcoholic so i have some experience in the mater. she had to hit "rock bottom'' [wanted to die] before she checked into a hospital for a month, then in a halfway house for 2 weeks. during those two weeks, 5 a.a. meetings a day. then over the next few years she attended 3-4 meetings on a daily basis.now is recovered 24 yrs. im not saying that thats how it will have to be for you, but it will be more that just finding a substitute. advise about finding poeple to be around that dont drink or drug is one of the best things you can do, like trx450 said. even if your boyfriend does it, you will have to tell him he needs to support you and quit, if he doesnt, than he doesnt respect you, and love you enough. i also suggest getting some proffesional help to find out why you like to,"not feel". that is a sign of something that has tramatized you, like a issue that needs to be delt with. to recover from something so strong, takes being sick and tired of being sick and tired, most likely if you try to quit on you own, you will go 6-7 mos. without drinking and then pick up again, and go back and forth resorting to drugs and alcohol until you finally do it right. depnds on how much time you want to waiste. you can usually find were a.a. meatings are held by looking in the meatings section of your local newspaper, depending on were you live, [in city or country]. i hope you gather the strength to go to some! if not maybe your not sick and tired of being sick and tired! good luck, chad c.;)

wilkin250r
08-18-2004, 12:00 PM
You really need to analyze your life, which is NOT easy. Why are you drinking? Are you drinking alone? Does your boyfriend drink?

If you're boyfriend drinks, and is drinking with you, then you need to leave him. As difficult as it is, it's as simple as that. Alcoholism, as a disease, is defined as the inability to control yourself around alcohol. So the only way to regain control is to NOT be around alcohol, AT ALL COSTS! Even if it's the man you love, if he isn't helping you, he will eventually bring you down.

If you are drinking alone, where are you drinking? At home? If so, why in the world do you have beer in your fridge to tempt you? Get rid of it, all of it. If you're drinking at a bar, you need to slap yourself for ever going in there.

Basically, if you have a problem and you can't control yourself around alcohol or drugs, you need to not be around them, even if it means changing your entire life, leaving loved ones, everything. You're young, and it sounds like your cute. It's always easier to find another boyfriend than it is to find another liver!

Pappy
08-18-2004, 12:06 PM
Originally posted by wilkin250r
It's always easier to find another boyfriend !

listen to him...he is an expert:devil: :blah:

wilkin250r
08-18-2004, 12:27 PM
:cuss:

cody anderson
08-18-2004, 12:42 PM
Originally posted by Yamaha_Babe250
Thanks, but Im not depressed and Im too cute to hurt myself...I have enuf sex with my boyfriend and I have been caught shoplifting 3 times and It just aint workin for me...but you put a smile on my face...so I guess that counts 4 sumthin right!! Later buddy.....goin to the beach 2morrow gotta get some sleep!

Right, you said "enuf sex"

BUT, your not ATTICTED to it. Yet...

I say, give it a try...:D

cody anderson
08-18-2004, 12:43 PM
Get a job...:cool:

400grl
08-18-2004, 01:07 PM
I don't have a lot of patience with addicts.....but I will give you one piece of advice. Don't screw around with this, and just tell you family right now. I guarantee you they will prefer to have you come out and say you are having some problems with recovery NOW and ask them for some help, rather than have you keep it a big ol' secret from them until you have to go to detox down the line..........if you don't tell them now, you are just wasting time.

MY450R
08-18-2004, 01:23 PM
i agree with 400grl tell them now
its better they be angry for a while than to screw up your life anymore because obviously you do need help
dont be afraid to ask i garauntee they will help you

Big400EX
08-18-2004, 01:32 PM
Originally posted by WOracing

AtvMxRider
08-18-2004, 01:46 PM
Like we didn't have enough problems here:huh

K_Banger125
08-18-2004, 06:23 PM
ive heard of medication you can get that makes you throw up when you drink alcohol...that would probaly help you beat your addiction

LTandRaptorider
08-18-2004, 06:47 PM
screw it... drink... feel better for awhile... go to sleep... repeat. End of story.

phatswinn
08-18-2004, 07:15 PM
i agree with 400grl, tell the family, they might be dissappointed but familys are great at helping you out and will want nothing more to get you better and on your feet again, with there support it'll be 100 times easier to get off of it, because admitting your problems to people you dont know is easier to do, but when you tell your family or your problem, i think it will probably be harder to let them down than to let yourself down