PDA

View Full Version : Elka suspension questions

Mitch400EX
08-17-2004, 10:30 PM
I just pretzeled my 3rd works shaft:devil:, time for shocks with 5/8 shafts. I was thinking Elka tripple rates with compression adjustment and SSD, and then having my rear rebuilt and retrofitted with SSD. Anyone run a setup like this? Does the SSD affect bottoming resistance? I mostly want bottoming resistance for those 4th gear dune jumps, but don't want to get jarred too bad on the stutter bumps and whoops. Adjustability for either extreme would be nice, I've heard the adjustments on Elkas make a noticable difference in how they work. Any opinions greatly appreciated

cdalejef
08-18-2004, 07:05 AM
That would be a great setup! The SSD will not effect your bottom resistance at all. It just lowers your center of gravity for much better handling. Thats why almost every pro racer in all forms of racing have gone to the self sagging setup.

Silverfox@C&DRacing
08-18-2004, 07:49 AM
you are looking at getting the same set up I have, The ssd is a nice feature like Jeff said lowers the center of gravity. I get on bikes with stock suspension now and feel like the bike is too tall doesn't feel right. I like the adjustability of the front shocks softer when I am riding trails and little more compression when I do ride mx. as long as the shocks are set up for you and your riding style this will be a great combo.

Cole Trane
08-18-2004, 10:48 AM
Originally posted by Silverfox@C&DRacing
you are looking at getting the same set up I have, The ssd is a nice feature like Jeff said lowers the center of gravity. I get on bikes with stock suspension now and feel like the bike is too tall doesn't feel right. I like the adjustability of the front shocks softer when I am riding trails and little more compression when I do ride mx. as long as the shocks are set up for you and your riding style this will be a great combo.

Ditto :D :D

400-416EX
08-19-2004, 08:20 AM
What does a setup like this go for. I am running works with rezzies right now and want to get new shocks for next season