PDA

View Full Version : Dougs Bike

team_450_88
08-17-2004, 09:49 PM
Did everyone hear about or see doug gust new color he went with a lorettas? Black/Yellow I thought it looked sick...I was talkin to one of the factory suzuki guys and I thought doug got a new moto every race but I was wrong he gets a new quad ( as in motor,frame,arms,everything totally new ) every 2 weeks which is every race...Think about this..There is no way he needs a totally new bike after everyrace they are spending tons of money they could knock down some of that and support more riders and stop wastin the money..he could at least use the parts that are still good..and his clutches get changed every moto but once he had the championship in the bag they stopped that and made it every race!!

SRH
08-17-2004, 09:51 PM
they do the same with factory bike riders, doug should be no different

SGA
08-17-2004, 10:02 PM
Originally posted by team_450_88
Think about this..There is no way he needs a totally new bike after everyrace they are spending tons of money they could knock down some of that and support more riders and stop wastin the money..he could at least use the parts that are still good..
The used parts aren't thrown away, they are sold to up and coming racers or used on practice quads when something breaks.
All motorsports do that. The pros get the good stuff, then when used, it trickles down to the next level and so on.

team_450_88
08-17-2004, 10:03 PM
so ur saying doug needs a new quad every race? thats bull****they should give him parts when he needs them and sponsor more riders....

popo
08-17-2004, 10:07 PM
Post your question on his website and see what kind of answer they give.

400MXer
08-17-2004, 10:09 PM
They wanted a championship!

A new quad Every race means no DNF's and he's getting tons of points.

stupid driver
08-17-2004, 10:10 PM
so ur saying doug needs a new quad every race? thats bull****they should give him parts when he needs them and sponsor more riders....

they do it for reliability. They want him to win badly, so if he does happen to lose, its because of a riding mistake, not a mechanical failure. And like SGA said, its not like the old quad is thrown in the garbage

team_450_88
08-17-2004, 10:14 PM
I kno wut they do with the old parts...I jus cant believe u guys think he needs all that everyrace...I jus wanna see more factory support dougs the only one getting it and they could stop givin him a new bike every race or hell do sumthin like give him a new bike everyrace and his old one give to a lower class rider and sponsor them...I am jus a broke racer..lol I think I got skill to go somewhere one day if i kept ridin but nationals are way to epensive and u gotta win ur classes for a couple years before u even get noticed and to win ur classes usually that means make alot of the nationals which is expensive

Toadz400
08-17-2004, 10:50 PM
I kno wut they do with the old parts...I jus cant believe u guys think he needs all that everyrace...I jus wanna see more factory support dougs the only one getting it and they could stop givin him a new bike every race or hell do sumthin like give him a new bike everyrace and his old one give to a lower class rider and sponsor them...I am jus a broke racer..lol I think I got skill to go somewhere one day if i kept ridin but nationals are way to epensive and u gotta win ur classes for a couple years before u even get noticed and to win ur classes usually that means make alot of the nationals which is expensive

Dude...look at your freaking quad. Lots of people would kill for YOURS. How old are you? Do you work for your quad?

It kinda pisses me off when people with one of the nicest quads out there are complaining that theirs don't match up to the Factory Sponsored pros. Why don't you give it to me and I'll race it for you? I'm stuck with a 400ex that barely gets anything replaced when it DOES break...

If you want to get noticed, start racing at your local tracks and WIN. With your quad, it really shouldn't be that hard...on my 400ex I've kept up with 450's and 440's (even YZ440f's in a $20,000 MX set-up). It's all about the rider, just go out there and give it your all and you will be noticed sooner or later! I'm sure all the pros out there went pro after one race, so just don't give up because you're short on money because you spent it all on nice parts on your quad, make sure to save up some of your money for stuff like that.

Why don't you sell one of your quads if you want money for racing? I'm sure you could get A LOT for either one of them...

08-18-2004, 01:01 AM
Why does Doug getting all that parts/money bother you. He is the hardest working, most determined Pro and most deserving. Been around longer in racing then some of the pros on this earth. I think its great Doug gets all that money. He deserves it and it will bring more sponors/factory sponorships into the market.

At least Suzuki is sponsoring and paying money. You could look at Yamaha and see how they treat there sponsored riders like an Amaturer rider. Here are 2 quads and some parts, use them ALL season and win. Or like Honda and just demand results but do nothing to help achieve them but a quad or 2 and some parts wth a salary. I dont think any Pro could go all season with out a DNF w/ one race bike. Isnt Jeremiahs other quad strictly for practice?

What was with everyone changing plastic at Lorettas. Natalie had a blue front and Gust had black.

Brad
08-18-2004, 07:08 AM
lets just put it this way...if all of gusts quads were just plainly discarded like garbage...id live outside the suzuki hq every 2 weeks...

i think its not a bad idea to get a new bike every race...look at the results

exrider360
08-18-2004, 07:20 AM
if they got the money why not if i had a team and my racers bike were falling apaert and i had lots of money i would buy them a practise bike and a race bike they got mad lute they dont care team suzuki wants the best and thst how they will get it

team_450_88
08-18-2004, 09:55 AM
for tha guy that said its the rider not the bike...when u get up to that level the motor matters...haha and u think winning locally is gonna get u somewhere...I win most my locals but i aint goin no where anytime soon with local races.....ur dreaming....

team_450_88
08-18-2004, 09:58 AM
Originally posted by Cron
Why does Doug getting all that parts/money bother you. He is the hardest working, most determined Pro and most deserving. Been around longer in racing then some of the pros on this earth. I think its great Doug gets all that money. He deserves it and it will bring more sponors/factory sponorships into the market.

At least Suzuki is sponsoring and paying money. You could look at Yamaha and see how they treat there sponsored riders like an Amaturer rider. Here are 2 quads and some parts, use them ALL season and win. Or like Honda and just demand results but do nothing to help achieve them but a quad or 2 and some parts wth a salary. I dont think any Pro could go all season with out a DNF w/ one race bike. Isnt Jeremiahs other quad strictly for practice?

What was with everyone changing plastic at Lorettas. Natalie had a blue front and Gust had black.

I never said i had a problem with doug gettin a new bike and doug is kool and one of my fav riders i was trying to say i wish they would factory support more racers with all that money they are spendin...but they do got one of the best!!

400exTN
08-18-2004, 03:22 PM
u think winning locally is gonna get u somewhere...I win most my locals but i aint goin no where anytime soon with local races.....ur dreaming....

Not knocking you but you need to jump up a few classes and compete with the Fesmire, Meeks, Tom Miller and whoever else I have forgotten that's fast in our area not counting (Meadows & Byrd). I think this will get you some attention from others and just try to make as many nationals close to home like Casey, IL., Daniel Boone, Lorettas, etc... even if you have to miss a few local races to save up.

I can think of very few C or B riders that have sponsors giving them products. Believe it or not there are quite a few Pro-Am and A races that have a hard time finding sponsors.

Good luck and don't give up hope!

PEPwalshZ440
08-18-2004, 03:59 PM
Did everyone hear about or see doug gust new color he went with a lorettas? Black/Yellow I thought it looked sick...I was talkin to one of the factory suzuki guys and I thought doug got a new moto every race but I was wrong he gets a new quad ( as in motor,frame,arms,everything totally new ) every 2 weeks which is every race...Think about this..There is no way he needs a totally new bike after everyrace they are spending tons of money they could knock down some of that and support more riders and stop wastin the money..he could at least use the parts that are still good..and his clutches get changed every moto but once he had the championship in the bag they stopped that and made it every race!!
well with what comes money is results like hes putting out, right now i dont think they even care, look at how good gust did on the 04 season, i expect to see the same in the 05.

lil400exman
08-18-2004, 06:11 PM
another thing is Gust and those Pro's pound the bikes much harder every race than other racers do. this is why to me pro-production is bull hockey. how can someone race like that on a stock frame a-arms and swingarm for how long? i mean the real reason doug keeps getting new quads is cause he stress out everything so much. im sorry 450 but your not all that different from us and doug has worked hard for this and many pros in pro-production replace parts like frames and engines regularly (well they keep a few motors swapping around:)

team_450_88
08-18-2004, 08:56 PM
Originally posted by 400exTN
Not knocking you but you need to jump up a few classes and compete with the Fesmire, Meeks, Tom Miller and whoever else I have forgotten that's fast in our area not counting (Meadows & Byrd). I think this will get you some attention from others and just try to make as many nationals close to home like Casey, IL., Daniel Boone, Lorettas, etc... even if you have to miss a few local races to save up.

I can think of very few C or B riders that have sponsors giving them products. Believe it or not there are quite a few Pro-Am and A races that have a hard time finding sponsors.

Good luck and don't give up hope!

I am racing with them 16-24 !!

sportraxrider10
08-18-2004, 08:56 PM
I never said i had a problem with doug gettin a new bike and doug is kool and one of my fav riders i was trying to say i wish they would factory support more racers with all that money they are spendin...but they do got one of the best!!

are you sure about that:huh

team_450_88
08-18-2004, 08:58 PM
Originally posted by lil400exman
another thing is Gust and those Pro's pound the bikes much harder every race than other racers do. this is why to me pro-production is bull hockey. how can someone race like that on a stock frame a-arms and swingarm for how long? i mean the real reason doug keeps getting new quads is cause he stress out everything so much. im sorry 450 but your not all that different from us and doug has worked hard for this and many pros in pro-production replace parts like frames and engines regularly (well they keep a few motors swapping around:)

haha im not sayin i want factory sponsorship im sayin they need to factory support more riders...lol this thread didnt come out like it was suppose to ....***EDIT*** all i meant was I would like to see more riders being factory sponsored...!!

team_450_88
08-18-2004, 09:00 PM
Originally posted by sportraxrider10
are you sure about that:huh

I said thats bull**** if someone needs a new bike everyrace...lol he doesnt pound his bike in 1 race harder than tim or byrd or anyone at that level !!

sportraxrider10
08-18-2004, 09:00 PM
wow i think you change sides more than kerry does

team_450_88
08-18-2004, 09:06 PM
lol dont kno kerry but...lol to all of you ppl dont post again...lol i get the point...i jus see it different....dont wanna get on yalls bad sides

08-18-2004, 09:44 PM
what was that quad that was covered by the suzuki trailer? was that for spare parts? it look like it was missing some parts or something

team_450_88
08-18-2004, 09:50 PM
that was the bike doug rode ( the black one ) they didnt want everyone to kno i guess....lol i saw it thursday night i think, we was talkin to the suzuki guy and one of the mechanics came out the trailer and we looked in the door and they where putting the quad together for practice friday....