PDA

View Full Version : Where to ride in ohio?

400ex45
04-05-2002, 02:10 PM
I was just wondering were are places to ride in ohio besides wayne national forest.

Foxrage
04-06-2002, 06:41 PM
Where is dalton. I know of a few good places arond my area but they arnt really like a place everyone knows of just the people that lives around here.

Taco
04-07-2002, 02:50 PM
Hey Nacs400ex have you ever been to addison (sp?)?

exriderdude
04-07-2002, 03:44 PM
honda hills, im not sure where it is though. you can always come to my house too.;)

Foxrage
04-07-2002, 03:49 PM
Hey tocostk **** ya thats the place i was talin about they have like 3 race tracks in a 2 mile radius and thin right in the center is a ton of big hills to climb and one hardly anyone climbs called the point. The place your talkin about is called the fronts here. I think.

K_Fulk
04-07-2002, 05:42 PM
Perry state park down by new lexington.
Dalton is about 40 min. east of mansfield.

Scott
04-07-2002, 06:30 PM
Perry opened on April 1st, Wayne will be opening on the 15th. Honda Hills will let you ride all day for like 5 bucks. I know that will get you on the MX track, but I'm not sure if they let people ride the hare scramble track. You could also check with COCR (another mx track with a hare scramble track) and there are 6 state parks in various parts of Ohio with trails. I had the web pages for each of them until my harddrive bit the dust. Hanging Rock is one, Perry is two, Wayne was listed, and another one was somewhere up around Toledo. I think another was near Chilocothe. Sorry, can't remember the last one. And there's also a place in eastern Ohio almost to Wheeling. I know there are several guys in here that know what one I'm talking about. Between Wheeling and Barnsville/St Clairsville.

Taco
04-08-2002, 07:43 AM
k now for my next question. Where in the heck is Addison? I can get to Gallopolis no prob.

02 Red Rider
04-08-2002, 07:52 AM
Don't waste your time coming up here to Toledo for the State Forest. The riding is ok but not good enough to travel for. Trust me I live 10 miles from it and I have gone maybe 5 times in the past 3 years.

Jason

EXrider02
04-08-2002, 09:00 AM
Where is Honda Hills at?

400ex45
04-08-2002, 03:21 PM
hey K_Fulk you know were dalton is that is surprising no one knows were dalton is even when they live 10 min. away.:)

Foxrage
04-08-2002, 07:17 PM
Its like a few minutes from gallipolis as your going up 7 torwads meigs county where i live. Have you ever been there? It is outside of addison but not sure where. Cause i forget.

TRFOXX
04-08-2002, 08:33 PM
I've been riding lately at Richland Furnas state forest close to Ray OH. and Pike state forest near Lathem, OH. its not bad Wayne is a Whole lot better but I own a little bit of land outside of Jackson Co. close to Buckeye Furnas so im down there a lot. Lot of Mead land but they will ticket you if they catch ya!

K_Fulk
04-08-2002, 11:44 PM
Sometimes i go through there when im working and i go through there when i go up to malvern.

04-09-2002, 10:19 AM
Here are directions to Elson St (http://209.120.142.52/showthread.php?s=&threadid=11373)

400ex45
04-10-2002, 05:10 PM
has anyone been to mohican riding or heard of it?

K_Fulk
04-10-2002, 07:34 PM
I dont know anyone that rides there and im only 15 minutes away. I heard there was some trails but i think it might be for horses.

EXrider02
04-10-2002, 09:47 PM
Yeh...i believe that the trails in Mohican are for horses.
otherwise i would be up for a ride there!

Scott
04-11-2002, 05:01 AM
To answer the question about where Honda Hills is located, it's between Columbus and Newark, south off of State Route 40. Specifically, it's a couple miles east of Jacktown.

Racing Rice
04-11-2002, 11:01 AM
I go to a track in New Vienna, Oh. It has a couple nice tracks a little trail riding, some streams and stuff too. Its not a bad place to go waste a couple hours.

There is also a place called Happy Hollow for trail riding around here too. I havent gotten to ride much yet, since my truck has been under some repairs.. There are a couple places In Northern KY, I want to go try out too.

http://www.bigrockatvpark.com/main.htm - Here is one place.

4WHLr
04-11-2002, 07:01 PM
Mohican has snowmobile trails, but none for ATV's.

Bill

Taco
04-14-2002, 03:50 PM
Originally posted by NACS400EX
Its like a few minutes from gallipolis as your going up 7 torwads meigs county where i live. Have you ever been there? It is outside of addison but not sure where. Cause i forget.

hrmm maybe we will have to meet up sometime and go riding there one weekend. My girlfriend lives in Ashton on down below Point Pleasant. Is it good riding there? legal? plenty of room to park or what.

Foxrage
04-14-2002, 07:55 PM
Has plenty of parking its so far back in the woods you could park on the road unload and ride there but on weekends drunks and everything back there. You get to see some crazy ****. It is leagal i think i havn heard of anyone gettin arested besides the person that killed someone. It is alot of hills and tracks in like a 2 mile area of riding on trails and roads to get there.But the main place in addison is called the fronts and it is just hills and trails but there are tracks you ccan ride to.

Taco
04-15-2002, 05:50 AM
Hrmm, well when we going?:devil :blah

Foxrage
04-15-2002, 02:44 PM
When ever my mom just got her new jeep so i can ride alot more now i just have to talk to my friend that knows his way around there and see if he wll go. I will pm so we dont have to post when i fing out. L8er

Taco
04-15-2002, 06:53 PM
cool deal:blah

TRFOXX
04-15-2002, 09:32 PM
Racing Rice, how is Happy Hollow, I was there not to long ago but it was on a Fri and they wasent open. Open on Sat. Sun. only. I ride down around that area a lot but havent hit Happy Hollow yet. Any info on it would be great! Do they still race there? or is it all trail riding now?

Racing Rice
04-16-2002, 10:56 AM
Originally posted by TRFOXX
Racing Rice, how is Happy Hollow, I was there not to long ago but it was on a Fri and they wasent open. Open on Sat. Sun. only. I ride down around that area a lot but havent hit Happy Hollow yet. Any info on it would be great! Do they still race there? or is it all trail riding now?

I havent riden there personally yet.. I just got my quad and my trucks been broke down. My friends say its not to bad but it has some pretty xtreme land in some spots.

As for the races, Im not sure if they race there or not anymore. Ill keep you posted if I here anything. Last time my Dad check they hadnt opened yet this year. Ill ask him next time I talk to him if he knows exactly when they are supposed to open, cause I want to go riding down there soon.:D

TRFOXX
04-16-2002, 11:10 AM
Great if you find anything out about Happy Hollow let me know, Its not far from Pike National Forest ATV Area. If you can find out how many arcers they have and price to fide there would be great also if camping is permitted?

04-17-2002, 09:58 PM
New to the board, I'm RAY. There is a big ride in St Clairesville this saturday I am going to. Rally in the Valley. A bunch of us are going. Also Quite a few trails by my house

04-18-2002, 12:45 AM
HONDA HILLS IS COOL BUT GETS OLD QUICK! IT'S LOCATED BETWEEN ZANESVILLE AND NEWARK OFF OF ST RT 40 AND CAN BE SEEN OFF OF I-70! FOR AN AWSOME WEEKEND CHECK-OUT
WWW.RUMBLEONTHERIDGE.HOMESTEAD.COM IT'S 30 MILE TRAIL RIDE FOR 15 BUCKS THAT'S ABOUT ALL THE RIDING YOUR *** CAN TAKE IN ONE DAY!

2002 YELLER 400EX----- NO MODS YET STILL UNDER WARRANTY:cool: BUT IT DOESN'T MEAN I CANT BURN SOME C-NOTES FOR LATER!!!:macho

Scott
04-18-2002, 06:53 AM
Later this summer/fall there will also be a poker run at the Wayne trails to raise money for Toys For Tots. Last year they based it out of Dorr Run, rode about 30 miles if I remember right. Sponsored out of Athens. Every single person that showed up left with a door prize of some sort. Atv parts, riding gear, gift certificates for Damon's, Krogers, etc. Anything they had left after the door prises, they auctioned off. Jerseys went for $10, pants for $25. Goggles and gloves for $5. Lot's of good deals. Lots of Polaris parts since a Polaris dealer in Athens was one of the sponsors. They rode a loop, at lunch at Door Run (Provided by Damon's) and then rode a second loop after lunch. About 150 quads last year. Entry fee was $10 or $15 if I remember right. The door prize and meal you got cost more than $15. Down side was that it was a very slow ride with that many people going on a parade lap...