PDA

View Full Version : Me vs. the tree

TheFontMaster
08-17-2004, 09:32 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v327/thefontmaster/Picture044.jpg

Ok so gues who won.

If anyone is willing to part with the right side of a DG nerf bar like the ones on my 300ex I would like to buy it.

TheFontMaster
08-17-2004, 09:34 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v327/thefontmaster/Picture042.jpg

Heres another pic of the nerf bar.

Dan_Guetter
08-17-2004, 09:36 PM
i think you won

Hitting a tree and only bending your nerf, i think it coulda been worse

Coulda been sleeping 6 feet under

TheFontMaster
08-17-2004, 09:39 PM
Well i highly doubt I won. But the nerf bar deffinatly saved me from a broken leg.

TGW_400ex
08-17-2004, 09:54 PM
Originally posted by TheFontMaster
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v327/thefontmaster/Picture044.jpg

Ok so gues who won.

If anyone is willing to part with the right side of a DG nerf bar like the ones on my 300ex I would like to buy it.

dude you can straighten that easy

SHOCKER
08-17-2004, 09:56 PM
i dont say you exactly won but ya didnt exactly loose, i think your are playing the wrong game :)

TheFontMaster
08-17-2004, 09:59 PM
Originally posted by TGW_400ex
dude you can straighten that easy

Can I? It doesn't look as bad in the pics as it really is. Tomorow if it's not raining I'll be riding, and I will be near a guys house who does meatal work. He should be able to give me a good answer.

stupid driver
08-17-2004, 10:03 PM

Ok so gues who won.

I can not answer this until i see some pictures of the tree :D

If you wanna part with your dg's, i got some used pro armors that i will sell for cheap

TheFontMaster
08-17-2004, 10:06 PM
Originally posted by stupid driver
I can not answer this until i see some pictures of the tree :D

If you wanna part with your dg's, i got some used pro armors that i will sell for cheap

You got any pics, and how much you askin for them?

TGW_400ex
08-17-2004, 10:06 PM
Can I? It doesn't look as bad in the pics as it really is. Tomorow if it's not raining I'll be riding, and I will be near a guys house who does meatal work. He should be able to give me a good answer.

I would def check into it because its only alunimum

SGA
08-17-2004, 10:12 PM
Originally posted by TGW_400ex
dude you can straighten that easy Thats what I was thinking. Ive seen them straightend before. Not to hard at all.

markk
08-18-2004, 01:11 AM
Man that isnt all that bad, I smoked a big ol tree on my 400 and ended up replacing 2 a-arms, a bumper and bending my stearing stem, and clutch lever, and tweakin my grab bar! And just ended up with a few good size bruises, and a few littel scratches. (sry bout the spelling)

Brad
08-18-2004, 06:24 AM
you deffinitly won... how fast were you going? how'd you lose control?

i hit a tree going about 20-25 last fall about 3 weeks after i got my 400ex, i hit a ditch and didnt expect the back to hit b4 the front end and it ripped my hands off the controls...
torn bumper...tie rods... dented a arm- broken wrist

dirtmomma
08-18-2004, 09:19 AM
Oh heck that will be easy to fix!! I did that to my son's AC nerfs on his blaster "rubbin" @ a race a couple winters ago LOL, it's still that way, he wasn't happy but he doesn't buy parts ;) but I think he paid me back cuz mine have a small dent int hem now after he raced it in a class :eek:

TheFontMaster
08-18-2004, 11:28 AM
Originally posted by Brad
you deffinitly won... how fast were you going? how'd you lose control?

I was in 3rd gear goin about 20-25 mph. I was going around a gradual left hand turn, and there was ruts in it, and the ruts sudenly end, and the trail makes like a natural jump almost, but you can't jump it because it's on a turn. Well I hit it wrong, and it threw me to the right. There was a bit of a dropoff on that side of the trail, and by rear tire got stuck in there and wouln't get out intome to miss the tree. So then the nerfs hit the tree, and threw it back onto the trail, and kinda spun the quad 90 degrees. I somehow ended up with my left leg in between the swingarm, tire and nerf bar. :huh