PDA

View Full Version : football

gratzracing24
08-17-2004, 06:01 PM
Anyone here play high school football? We are in our second week of double sessions and im beat...anyone else play or have went through doubles?

2001-400ex'er
08-17-2004, 06:05 PM
oh yah... I played football the last couple of years but I didnt take it serious enough to keep playing and after practice it was like 7 so I didnt have any time to accually do anything that i wanted to do....anyways i didnt take it this year because i am fat and lazy haha

gratzracing24
08-17-2004, 06:13 PM
we have roll call at 7:25 and i usually get home at like 3 and i like like 10 mins from the school so yea it sucks

Jellyrolls
08-17-2004, 06:16 PM
I don't play but I am a huge fan of all high school sports (especailly basketball) but i love watching high school football also...
next weekend we are playing our rivals....its a coin toss...we have the best quarterback out of the 2 teams by FAR, but they have a better running..back...it evens out pretty much

bansheerider_13
08-17-2004, 06:25 PM
wen i was in school i played we used to have doubles from 1-3 then 4-7 thoses sucked but it was all worth it for the friday nights

MotoX3
08-17-2004, 06:28 PM
lol i play middle school football....8th grade....whats spots does everyone play?i play D end and tailback(for the pro set...i run slot in r slot sets):macho

400exrules
08-17-2004, 06:29 PM
no but i tried high school wrestling. I didnt do it long cuz, basically i wake up at 6:20am, leave at 6:40 for school, schools out at 2:15, went straight to the locker rooms, got sweats and all that on which was required, went to the front of the school where coach and all other wrestlers meet, and ran around the school for about 5 miles, then went into the cafeteria where it was 95-105 degrees farenheit (coach turned heat on max), all this is while wearing, sweat pants, headgear, and sweat shirt, as soon as we got in cafeteria from runnin we started conditioning which was about 4 hours of non stop straight shootin, beatin your a** up doin the most painful and gut wrenching things u can imagine, with maybe 1 2minute water break. Many of the guys threw up daily during conditioning, and i almost did a few times. After conditioning u pick a partner, and wrestle for 30 seconds with a 10 sec. break, and that lasted an hour. This happened EVERY day after school and we usually got home at about 7:00pm. so school went from 7:00am to 2:15pm, and wrestling practice from 2:20 to 7:00pm

as u can imagine i quit cuz i didnt feel like doin that sh*t every single day then gettin home at 7:00....u will have no life other then wrestling and school......

and to put it this way, i was with some of the most fit ppl i have ever met, and they literally had trouble getting off the mats towards the end of practice

gratzracing24
08-17-2004, 06:33 PM
Yea i kno the feeling...i play against all our seniors...we got some big kids and im an outside linebacker and i mean i have a kids who are liek 225 coming at me and im liek 150...it aint preety...so my sophmore year as of right now consists of sucking up to coaches and just preety much getting my ***** kicked up and down the field!

sn0wrider
08-17-2004, 07:31 PM
gratzracing where do you live?

bansheerider_13
08-17-2004, 07:32 PM
Originally posted by 400exrules
no but i tried high school wrestling. I didnt do it long cuz, basically i wake up at 6:20am, leave at 6:40 for school, schools out at 2:15, went straight to the locker rooms, got sweats and all that on which was required, went to the front of the school where coach and all other wrestlers meet, and ran around the school for about 5 miles, then went into the cafeteria where it was 95-105 degrees farenheit (coach turned heat on max), all this is while wearing, sweat pants, headgear, and sweat shirt, as soon as we got in cafeteria from runnin we started conditioning which was about 4 hours of non stop straight shootin, beatin your a** up doin the most painful and gut wrenching things u can imagine, with maybe 1 2minute water break. Many of the guys threw up daily during conditioning, and i almost did a few times. After conditioning u pick a partner, and wrestle for 30 seconds with a 10 sec. break, and that lasted an hour. This happened EVERY day after school and we usually got home at about 7:00pm. so school went from 7:00am to 2:15pm, and wrestling practice from 2:20 to 7:00pm

as u can imagine i quit cuz i didnt feel like doin that sh*t every single day then gettin home at 7:00....u will have no life other then wrestling and school......

and to put it this way, i was with some of the most fit ppl i have ever met, and they literally had trouble getting off the mats towards the end of practice

been there done that also it really kicks your *** but if you wanna be in shape you gotta do it

gratzracing24
08-17-2004, 07:37 PM
Wintersville...west side

trict_out
08-17-2004, 10:38 PM
i qb my high school team here in southern ohio. Just had our first scrimmage tonight and season opener is next friday, I cant wait!!!

doctor_915
08-18-2004, 12:06 AM
Out of school now. Knee banged up so I couldnt play for my college this year. Rehabilitating and hoping to walk on next year. So pretty much spending the rest of the year on my off season routine and preparing to get cut.

For a team that never won in highschool we had some of the roughest camps. We did overnight. from 4-7 was O, then 9-12 was D. Then from 5-6 was special teams, and conditioned from 8 till whenever we got out...Nothing like practicing under the stars. If you like it some of your best memories will come from camp. I could talk all day about it.

bluebaron
08-18-2004, 12:34 AM
i was in football in seventh and eighth grade, dint really think it was all that fun:o

gratzracing24
08-18-2004, 07:49 PM
ok 1 more day of doubles...i just got layed out 2day...it was bad lol...any1 have cerfew while practicing...i have a 9:30 cerfew everyday from aug 9 till the end of the season except saturdays! it sucks being 16 and having to be home everyday!