View Full Version : Greeeeat Timing

300EXrider02
08-17-2004, 11:18 AM
Its my birthday and I was fooling around with my subaru on some grass in a field, sure enough I slide way off of what I was planning and smacked into a 6' about 1 1/2' tall log, right into the side...Crashed up the whole door planel, side front fender, and rear fender, not to mention putting a huge dent in the door frame, I am not sure if I bent the frame, I will find out.

I was sliding sideways at about 25 or 30 mph, into a log...

Bummer,
thats all my money down the shoot

derekhonda
08-17-2004, 11:38 AM
**** happens sometimes, be glad you werent hurt. Oh and hey, "Remember no matter how bad it gets,
it could still be worse."
:D

wilkin250r
08-17-2004, 12:38 PM
Great timing?!? You were doing sideways slides at 25mph, what did you expect to happen?

I realize that you thought you were in control of your car, and that you had successfully executed several such sideways slides, but it was still a REALLY dumb thing to do, and now you are paying the price. How can you possibly say "great timing"? It sounds to me like you were asking for it!

Bretmd94
08-17-2004, 01:14 PM
oh well, that what happens when you try to learn how to drift rally cars. Even the pro drivers wreck all the time. I got a very bummy old sube for free back in the day. We rallied it till it died. I never hit any logs though. :blah:

CTmxyfz
08-17-2004, 02:32 PM
thats why i have a bronco. Not many things get in my way. It will be invincible once i get a lift, 33s, and some more offroading things.

08-17-2004, 06:28 PM
Originally posted by CTmxyfz
It will be invincible once i get a lift, 33s, and some more offroading things. :rolleyes: isnt that saying a little much?

redroost85
08-17-2004, 09:27 PM
Don't worry bud, we've all been there and done some serious stupid chit.;)

Live and learn man....better man, better off.

Just like Derek said....it could always be worse.:)

Toadz400
08-17-2004, 09:32 PM
Sounds like me in my Suby, except I haven't hit anything...yet. I get closer and closer everyday when I push the car to it's limits on the trails, so much fun though. I always make sure to have my seatbelt on though, I should probably start to wear a helmet too...:D .

SRH
08-17-2004, 09:53 PM
thats why i have a bronco. Not many things get in my way. It will be invincible once i get a lift, 33s, and some more offroading things.

haha man those things are tipsy stock with a lift and 33s ud flip before you got close to sliding into the log

300EXrider02
08-19-2004, 10:35 PM
well I must say I am glad that this accident was not worse, and that I didnt get hurt, and I got away with a just a bill and not a broken leg.

But I paid the price, and learned my lesson.

I had to do the same with bikes/quads before I learned limits...I guess its the same for me with cars....

What if I want to drive a boat or motorcycle? :( :eek:

But the suby should be up and running in about 2 weeks...:rolleyes:

Until then I get to beat on a rental car! WOOOHOOO:devil:

Toadz400
08-20-2004, 05:31 PM
Originally posted by 300EXrider02
But the suby should be up and running in about 2 weeks...:rolleyes:

Until then I get to beat on a rental car! WOOOHOOO:devil:

You mean you were doing that with the car that you drive around?! I don't think I'd ever do that with a car that I rely on to get me to work and back without having a backup. The Suby that I use to screw around on the trails with is just a pile that I got for free.

300EXrider02
08-20-2004, 05:45 PM
I dont do this on a regular basis, every once in a blue moon I will just lightly rally around, its good fun to get off pavement every once in a while, however just some bad luck in it however...

Misjudgement....and at the time a feeling of desire

I wish I could just get a free car to beat on....:rolleyes: :D

Toadz400
08-20-2004, 05:59 PM
Originally posted by 300EXrider02
I wish I could just get a free car to beat on....:rolleyes: :D

Well the car is worth absolutely nothing, lol, so that's why I got it for free...plus my aunt and uncle had it and they didn't want it, so I agreed to take it:D . I've only put about $10 into it...and that was in gas:D .

trick450r
08-20-2004, 06:04 PM

bahaha i have an fj 40 land cruiser and its tippy as chit...im not even lifting it

lifted bronco=usless death machine....

OH and to the kid who said he wished he got a car for free....i got my land cruiser for free with only 49,xxx miles and an 84' VW rabbit GTI with 59,xxx miles...this way i have a road car and an invisible ultimate off road kill anything truck....acually the cruiser of half my dads but w/e

ewalker302
08-20-2004, 11:45 PM

If you have an old bronco (66-79) you can easily put 33's on there with the stock suspension.

:bandit: