PDA

View Full Version : c.b. radio's anybody into em, any good stories?

bulkdriverlp
08-16-2004, 10:38 PM
i used to be into em pretty heavy:D had a hr 2510 10 meter with all the channels, had a launch pad with 102" whip and 600watt palomar under the driver seat, could hit em in the red 25 miles away. now i have a cobra 29 classic in the shed not hooked up.:blah:

Cole Trane
08-16-2004, 10:56 PM
Originally posted by bulkdriverlp
i used to be into em pretty heavy:D had a hr 2510 10 meter with all the channels, had a launch pad with 102" whip and 600watt palomar under the driver seat, could hit em in the red 25 miles away. now i have a cobra 29 classic in the shed not hooked up.:blah:

HOLY CRAP!!!!

J/K :D :D

bluebaron
08-16-2004, 11:47 PM
"hi there this is caannddyyy cain.............."

from joy ride
;)

TheFontMaster
08-16-2004, 11:57 PM
Originally posted by bluebaron
"hi there this is caannddyyy cain.............."

from joy ride
;)

LOL that was the first thing I thought of when I saw this thread.

JUSTINcredible
08-17-2004, 12:04 AM
Originally posted by TheFontMaster
LOL that was the first thing I thought of when I saw this thread.

same here.. i used to have this little hand held one that my cousin gave me but i think i got throught to a trucker once..

UglyMotha™
08-17-2004, 07:10 AM
i got one in the truck, i don't know the stats on it other than i can talk to buddies on it by pressing the button on the side of the mic :huh

other than that i'm not into it, some of the places i go wheelin, require you to run a cb, and me and my buddies use em whenever were wheelin :o

Tommy 17
08-17-2004, 08:05 AM
my cousin has one... we always screw around with truckers on it:macho

redroost85
08-17-2004, 08:25 AM
I still got my Cobra in the truck. I used to use more a while ago, they are nice if you are in a pinch....and my dam cell phone goes out!:grr:

If you're ever out in Western PA....give a shout out to the 'dirtbag'...that would be me.;)

08-17-2004, 08:58 AM
I don't have one im my truck but I wish i did. When going to the races several states away they are kinda nice to help get around traffic jambs!!!

phatswinn
08-17-2004, 11:08 AM
me and all my friends gottem in our cars, there all old ones we picked up at a garage sale, i got a PA hooked to mine too, there fun at partys

400exrules
08-17-2004, 02:06 PM
wuts the point of a cb? i know truckers use them but i always see big 4x4's with them or just most trucks around here have that big a** cable stickin up from there truck. Do all the offroaders use them or somethin to talk to each other?

2001-400ex'er
08-17-2004, 06:02 PM
heres a good story..... We were on our way to Northern Wisconsin to go riding and we had 2 trucks pulling trailors with fourwheelers so we couldnt go to fast, we were on a 2 lane highway and a semi passed both trucks so my brother gets on the CB and goes " Did you see that crazy motherf***er!" to the other truck. The semi must of had his CB on cuz he hit the breaks and said "What did u call me?!" haha no one got killed by that crazy guy so thats good...

Big400EX
08-17-2004, 06:34 PM
Originally posted by 2001-400ex'er
heres a good story..... We were on our way to Northern Wisconsin to go riding and we had 2 trucks pulling trailors with fourwheelers so we couldnt go to fast, we were on a 2 lane highway and a semi passed both trucks so my brother gets on the CB and goes " Did you see that crazy motherf***er!" to the other truck. The semi must of had his CB on cuz he hit the breaks and said "What did u call me?!" haha no one got killed by that crazy guy so thats good...

Lmao.

I remember the movie Joy Ride..

Rusty Nail!

400exrules
08-17-2004, 06:38 PM
Originally posted by phatswinn
i got a PA hooked to mine too, there fun at partys

lol......."COME OUT WITH YOUR HANDS UP"

:macho

HCR250X
08-17-2004, 06:46 PM
My uncle drives semi tractors for a living and he tells me all sorts of stories he hears on his CB radio. About two months ago he left real early in the mourning, probably about 4 am. Well I guess he started talking to some guy in the truck ahead of him(they get bored driving that far....) and he told him to drive up next to his truck to show him something. Well my uncle pulled up next to the guy and sitting in the passenger seat was a NAKED WOMAN!:huh I guess the girl likes to drive with her boyfriend/husband? and she sleeps in the nude. So when she gets up that early she figures there isnt many people on the road, so she comes and joins him up front naked... Now this wasn't the kind of trucking chick your all thinking of, from what my uncle said, she couldn't have been older then 30, and looked damn good for her uge. :blah:

phatswinn
08-17-2004, 08:28 PM
Originally posted by 400exrules
lol......."COME OUT WITH YOUR HANDS UP"

:macho

exactly.....and you can make an almost perfect siren on them, illegal..but so is 99% of the stuff we do at parties anyway:D

UglyMotha™
08-18-2004, 06:47 AM
Originally posted by 400exrules
wuts the point of a cb? i know truckers use them but i always see big 4x4's with them or just most trucks around here have that big a** cable stickin up from there truck. Do all the offroaders use them or somethin to talk to each other?

did you happen to read any of the posts in this thread :huh :confused:

some of the places i go wheelin, require you to run a cb, and me and my buddies use em whenever were wheelin

Rastus
08-18-2004, 12:48 PM
Nope.., not into them real big.

They're handy out wheeling.., but I don't have any fancy setup.

bulkdriverlp
08-19-2004, 12:05 AM
good stories, i used to drive truck, we would warn each other of short skirts or flashers. as they went by me id tell the truck ahead of me, and so on. some chicks would flash or just run naked and show the trucks on purpose just to get a thrill. let metell ya after drivin for 12 hours strait thatl wake ya up!!!lol