PDA

View Full Version : Round Seven - Burnt Mill Creek

Bonnie Cook
08-16-2004, 10:37 PM
Round Seven was a new track, just thirty minutes or so from the Big Buck in Cross Anchor, SC. The track was going to be tight, just as Buren promised. All the GNCC riders don't know tight until they race the Mid East. We believe that the FASTEST should have some talent, not just speed. We don't pave a highway for them, just ask all of our riders - especially gump from what I hear!
Here was the plaque!

Bonnie Cook
08-16-2004, 10:38 PM
Once again over a hundred quads on the starting line of the six mile course. Good luck boys, especially the 4 Stroke C Class with 30 riders!

Bonnie Cook
08-16-2004, 10:39 PM
I finally get the opportunity to take a picture like Harlen does at the GNCC's. Thanks gump for modeling your quad!

Bonnie Cook
08-16-2004, 10:41 PM
And then there were some Pros. Some had some luck, lets hear about the ones that didn't first!!!
Phillip Moorefield came out with a put together quad after blowing a motor loading his race quad in the trailer to head to the track. Him and a buddy (Jeffery Triplett) put one together cause points are important. Phillip had an incredible race before the summer break came, but after today's race, he wasn't as pleased with his finish.

Bonnie Cook
08-16-2004, 10:43 PM
Bryan Cook was another unlucky rider. His Four Stroke Tech Yamaha still wasn't ready to race, so he was aboard last year's Honda 440, that he is trying to sell. Cook was working his way from fifth to third as he was attacked by bees and stung inside his helmet, forcing him to pull over. Losing the points lead to the day's Overall winner.

Bonnie Cook
08-16-2004, 10:45 PM
Noel Cook, another great rider, suffered piles of bad luck as he tackled the Laurens track.

Bonnie Cook
08-16-2004, 10:47 PM
And now, those who were lucky.
The holeshot was pretty. Santo DeRisi rounded turn one with Matthew Edens on his rear wheels. When Edens tapped DeRisi's rear tires, he went up on his left wheels, giving Mike Houston the chance to slide by and take second.
By the checkpoints in the woods, Houston had the lead and never looked back to take the checkered flag with a minute lead. Houston took over the points lead with the day's finish.

Bonnie Cook
08-16-2004, 10:49 PM
Santo DeRisi wasn't going to let his wedding in less than a month slow him down today. Over the summer break he spent more time building his house than riding, but with full support of his mother Helen and fiance Heather, his racing career will be long lived. DeRisi rode hard aboard his Team Safari Yamaha and put in a solid second overall.

Bonnie Cook
08-16-2004, 10:56 PM
Third overall went to Wyatt Westmoreland, but the crowd was amazed as Jeffery Triplett took fourth overall. Triplett fought hard all day with the rest of the Pro riders and ended up fourth overall.

Bonnie Cook
08-16-2004, 10:59 PM
Fifth overall went to DJ Sigmon.

Bonnie Cook
08-16-2004, 11:01 PM
Matthew Edens took sixth overall. There was only ten seconds separating Westmoreland to Edens at the checkered flag.

Bonnie Cook
08-16-2004, 11:03 PM
And here is the battle during the race with DJ Sigmon leading the pack.

Bonnie Cook
08-16-2004, 11:04 PM
Why is Will smiling here - he knows what he is about to accomplish I guess!! Will Cashion took another A Class win today and is looking for a top ten overall number for 2005.

Bonnie Cook
08-16-2004, 11:08 PM
And there would not be a post possible without showing GUMP. I am going to miss you Alan, so you better show up and smile for me!

Bonnie Cook
08-16-2004, 11:10 PM
Overall scores:

gump
08-17-2004, 11:46 AM
brian was attacked by bees??? kinda what happened to me. see there were these two squirrels right, and i was coming through the real tight section when one of those smartass squirrels jumped right out in front of me with it's hands up shouting something about allah, this made me swerve and hit that tree, this happened twice. i think it was those geiko squirrels..the bees and squirrels may have al qaeda ties.. the bees must have been flying recon for the squirrels to find me twice like that and make that visous attack on brian..
the terroist attack of 8-15!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mobyplane
08-17-2004, 01:07 PM
Gee, I could've sworn that was tobacco you were smoking before the race. I now see that I was mistaken.