PDA

View Full Version : eney one have this problem(blew stock shocks)

kruzofman
08-16-2004, 10:11 PM
well got back from riding today and found some shock oil that dribbled down the shocks by the preload adjustments eney one have this sort of problem. im not shure thoe because it does not seem to have lost to much performance mabe none at all hard to tell but...what do ya think

cdalejef
08-17-2004, 08:25 AM
Very possible, its not hard to blow them!

08-17-2004, 11:08 AM
YOu'll eventually push all the oil out and your quad will bottom out when you run over a booger.

Only fix is to buy new shocks. I'd recommend anything but stockers as a replacement.:cool:

If you say, Ahh man it's OK i'll still just keep riding, then you'll relay all that stress to other parts of your quad and you'll start bending or breaking your frame and A-arms...;)

Rip_Tear
08-17-2004, 05:47 PM
Originally posted by Rico
you'll start bending or breaking your frame and A-arms...;)

Definately not a good thing...Suspension is a good place to start with upgrades.

KY Woods Rider
08-17-2004, 06:44 PM
As has been said, the stockers are pretty easy to blow, and they aren't that difficult to break either. There's two ways this could work out okay for you though.
#1 - It's a good excuse to buy quality aftermarket shocks.
#2 - So many people replace the stock front shocks that you can pick up a good used set for a very reasonable price.

ZRider400
08-17-2004, 09:36 PM
if you cant afford aftermarket shocks, then buy some 450r shocks off ebay.... they are alot better than the 400ex shocks.

nosliw
08-18-2004, 10:43 AM
Originally posted by ZRider400
if you cant afford aftermarket shocks, then buy some 450r shocks off ebay.... they are alot better than the 400ex shocks.

i;ve been hearing different things on this... are you absolutely sure that the 450r shocks will mount without any problems whatsoever?

cdalejef
08-18-2004, 10:58 AM
Originally posted by ZRider400
if you cant afford aftermarket shocks, then buy some 450r shocks off ebay.... they are alot better than the 400ex shocks. They will bolt up but will need a revalve and respring to work correctly on the 400ex. The rear shock will not work.

kruzofman
08-18-2004, 09:44 PM
yea i guess its not to hard to blow out the stocker...but its alright because i just picked up a good set of used tripple rate shocks with remote rissies:D cant wait till they come in