PDA

View Full Version : VA. Beach EXTREME WEEKEND

wyndzer
04-05-2002, 10:55 AM
Who is going to the MX/Sand Drags (http://www.********.com/thisjustin/vabeachraceintro02.htm) on the beach April 26-28.
Think I will head there for the drags Saturday night. Maybe the MX race? :devil

zzbudzz
04-05-2002, 08:58 PM
hey first i'd heard of it ? i got that weekend off too!i 'd like to watch the mx sat.going to a dirt drag sun,i hope

oldnumberseven
04-05-2002, 10:25 PM
Damn.....I grew up in Virginia Beach! Wish they had events like that when I was a kid.

Chris:devil

www.socalquads.com

fourwhls
04-11-2002, 06:48 AM
I will be there!!!! It is supposed to be the biggest yet. We will have coverage from 3 or 4 magazines and 2 or 3 tv stations. I will be racing the mx event. I am running 4 stoke A this year. #76 Yellow 400, 18' black enclosed on the beach.

Hope to see you all there.

04-14-2002, 06:17 PM
If I Race MX,will my shredders work or will I need different tires?

-----------
Redneck

400 with K&N and CT Racing pipes.

fourwhls
04-15-2002, 05:20 AM
The hot setup last year was stock 400ex tires in the rear and either stocks in the front or sand tires in the front if you have them.

04-15-2002, 04:52 PM
I just took my stock tires to the dump...(they were close to bald though so it wasn't too big of a loss.)
Anybody wanna lone me some stock tires?.:devil :confused:

REDNECK

400EX

CT Racing Pipes, K & N, Sredders

zzbudzz
04-17-2002, 01:34 AM
down at the beach but it would be my first time ,so what would i need,(kill switch,number plate and ....)also if i race at virginia beach do i have to go fri? or could i just go sat?i don't know anybody that race's atv's so i need some info.i have a stock 400ex think that would be ok for 1st year class?

fourwhls
04-17-2002, 05:58 AM
Your going to need number plates, kill switch and nerf bars. I would recommend coming Friday, but you don't have to. There will be a sign up saturday morning. Racing on sand is different, Friday practice would be helpfull.
This is a great race for first timers. It is the first race that I ever ran, and I was hooked from there.
They will have a class where you will be racing with other riders in the same situation as yourself, plus a few sandbaggers that should be running in a higher class.
Recommendations: Have Fun, Have Fun, and Have Fun. Don't take it too serious. How often do you get to ride your quad and park your truck on the beach in VA.

zzbudzz
04-17-2002, 10:58 PM
since you raced there before (fourwhls)whats the track like does it have huge doubles and triples?or is it pretty tame ?i have everything to race except tether kill switch and vertical number plates..i have number backgrounds (white) but no numbers yet, .i have a stock 400ex hope i can keep up, i built a small/meduim track behind my house it has a few jumps ,but mostly turns and straight a-aways(so far )my wife says i'm going to kill myself cause i ride too fast ,i say i need more speed! i can't get off my quad long enuff to inprove the track:rolleyes: hey number 76 i'll look for you .ok

fourwhls
04-18-2002, 06:06 AM
The track should be pretty tame. There will be some tabletops, and whoops. No doubles. It's too hard to keep a face on a jump made of sand. You should be alright riding a stock bike. I won last year on a stock 400. Tire pressure is the key, remember that and you will do well...

zzbudzz
04-19-2002, 08:07 PM
how big was the race at the beach last year (# of riders),also how does the moto's work.the top 3 from each heat advance or something?i emailed the guy randy he said i'll ride in moto 1 sat and moto 2 sun. i really wish i could go fri to pratice but i can't stay 2 nites .i have never rode in the sand,any info would be helpful ,just trying to be prepared:D

04-19-2002, 08:19 PM
sorry, i just got back from hawaii, when is the race? do they have a vet class?

zzbudzz
04-19-2002, 08:30 PM
i think so click on the address on the first message of this post

04-24-2002, 07:19 PM
Everyone rides in both heats, your average of the two finishes is your overall.

REDNECK

P.S. What 4wheels said about ridin with a few riders in your situation and few who need to race open C is a little missleading. There will be more than just a few of both of those types of people, Beginners class is the largest in number of competitors by far.-REDNECK

zzbudzz
04-24-2002, 11:42 PM
well, i'm going for sure now, everything lined up just perfect for me to go.i'm going to race for the first time ,i'll most likely be one of the older guys in the beginners class (i'm 29)i 'm a little old to start racing , ol well.i'm going to enter beginners and c class, see what its all about.i'll race and just have fun at the beach with no kids or wife:D maybe i'll see you down there redneck