PDA

View Full Version : Need help with LT rear link setup

protraxrptr17
08-16-2004, 07:39 PM
Jeff at the quadshop hooked me up with a long travel rear linkage and spring kit for my Raptor. I put it on and tried it out over a couple small jumps and it frames out very easily. I turned the preload way up and it still frames out.(It stands up like a mad spider in the rear) I think the spring had 340 scribed on it. It was only a single spring in the kit. I was thinking it was supposed to be a dual-rate setup. I can push down on the grab bar very easily now. What do ya'll think? I'm sure the 400ex kit is very similar to the Raptor kit. I don't know anybody else with the Raptor kit.

Chanman420q
08-17-2004, 01:09 PM
i thought the raptor was no link?

bradley300
08-17-2004, 10:19 PM
raptor has a linkage.

did you buy a whole new shock or did you already have an elka shock and buy the linkage and new top spring?

protraxrptr17
08-18-2004, 11:29 AM
I already had an Elka shock. I talked to Elka yesterday and I have a stiffer spring on the way. The original spring was a 375 lb spring. I'm going to try a 425 lb. I also have to run those new 19" Holeshot MXR's so my frame won't dig in so bad. I measued my rear wheel travel an I now have 13".:D It has so much travel my chain rubs my battery box and my caliper put a big dent in my airbox.