PDA

View Full Version : Pro Design kill switch

yfzracer220
08-16-2004, 03:13 PM
Has anybody had a pro design switch stop working. Mine wont kill the engine anymore but if its out the engine wont start. Checked the connections both are good. Seems kinda weird.

racer87
08-16-2004, 03:23 PM
ya i have had that happen to me before i think i got some water in there so i just wiggled the wires and spayed wd40 in there it worked, next time u wash it take the tether out it seems to help.

OutlawEX
08-16-2004, 10:41 PM
This is very common on the yfz. I am on my 3rd kill switch so far. So some odd reason they are burning up the kill switches

creechfan
08-17-2004, 08:41 AM
mine stated to not work after a while. i have had my kill on 2 quads now (88' 250r and 04'yfz450) and it works fine! i had to take it apart and cleen the inside and it works good as new!!!

i dont think they can "burn out" casue i have been inside of mine and there is nothing that can "burn" out like a fuse can.

to make your kill work good agine, take it off your quad, then take the little alan bolt out that holds the alumin plug in place , pull the plug out and you will see how it works, mine was corroded and i used a little sand paper and a razor blad to cleen up the 2 contact points! i put it back to gether and it works just like day one.......

if i had a dig camera i would make a little "how to" for you guys with pictures, but i dont have one yet....soo let me know if i can be of ne more help

-CreechFan-