PDA

View Full Version : 2002 400EX Setup...

bpimpdaddy21
04-05-2002, 09:11 AM
I have a 2002 400EX, and I was planning on putting on a Pro Circuit T-4 slip-on, a K&N filter with an outerwear, a #40 Pilot Jet, and I was thinkin a #155 main jet. I will not be removing or drilling the airbox lid due to the fact I ride in some pretty wet and muddy conditions at points. But does this sound like a good setup? Does the main jet sound right, I know that it is different for every quad, but I am trying to get in the ballpark so I am not rejetting all day. This is most likely what I am getting so please don't start telling me about what other pipe I should get, I just want to know if this setup sounds good. I think that it will give me some good power. Let me know. Thanks in advance.

RideRed400EX
04-05-2002, 09:51 AM
No matter what it will be better than stock because you will make more power. Definately jump up to a #40 pilot but I would start with a 160 main. It's always better to run rich and then go lower.

Jetting takes time to get it right so you could spend all day doing it. I suggest you p/u a main jet wrench and right angle screwdriver so you can change the main and adjust the fuel screw w/o tearing apart the bike.