PDA

View Full Version : The best way to hook up a tether kill switch?

Shocka400ex
08-16-2004, 10:41 AM
Ok guys, here's the deal. I know there are a few different ways to hook up a tether kill switch on a YFZ but what is the best way. I have hooked them up before by hooking into the white wire from the CDI and grounding onto the frame. Is the Baldwin adapter necessary? Or is a Pingel type kill switch the best way to go.
Please give me some info about what you have experienced to be the best method. I would hate to hook my new LE YFZ up the same way I have before and burn out my stator.

velocityatv
08-16-2004, 11:13 AM
the best way I've seen done is to order the wiring connector kit from baldwin motorsports it provides a gound and a lead wire. It may be a couple bucks but just like you said it's better than a stator.:D

Sick0
08-16-2004, 05:49 PM
I can't get ny kill switch to work. I had it working the first race but it hasn't work since. I have bought the bladwin adapter, but it still won't work. I've tryed two diffrent likk switchs and ahve hook up the system right.

Shocka400ex
08-18-2004, 07:46 AM
Thanks for the INFO guys, After doing some research I have decided to order the adapter.
Justin

TDBRPH
08-18-2004, 07:52 AM
Good choice mine has worked great and no headaches .....

worm
08-19-2004, 02:08 PM
ground the short wire and hook the long wire into the white wire going into the cdi box under the nose.

Aussiequadrider
08-20-2004, 06:32 AM
After telling half you guys how to connect your kill switch to the solid white wire, this way is disabled when you install a vortex cdi.

So I've worked out a better way that works for both cdi.
Follow the wires up from the oil filler plug (four wires) to just before the first connector (under the hood) the wires separate into pairs.
Pick the white/red pair and splice the longest wire out of the kill switch into the white wire and the short wire from the k/switch into the red wire.
No need to earth any wire.

Good luck, Geoff.

Hozed
08-20-2004, 07:11 PM
i have the pingel performance teather... its very simple... cut the brown wire coming out of the currect kill switch box and put the 2 wires from the teather onto each end... plus it looks alot better, and doesnt pull out as easy.

Shocka400ex
08-23-2004, 07:30 AM
Hozed, Where did you order the Pingel switch and how much did it cost?

jr1975atv
08-24-2004, 04:41 AM
www.pingelonline.com