PDA

View Full Version : Two Hondas in the Top 4 at Lorettas

CdaleXtreme
08-16-2004, 08:25 AM
This weekend Joe Byrd on his 450R Finished 1st with a 2-1 and a Timmy Farr, with a 3-6 for a 4th overal. They sandwiched Doug gust in 2nd, and Jeremiah Jones in 3rd.

Go Honda!

PEPwalshZ440
08-16-2004, 09:34 AM
heellllll yeaauuhhh

TWISTED
08-16-2004, 01:51 PM
How great is it that a privateer is the first to win a GNC national on a 450r instead of a supposedly factory team?? I don't mean anything negative towards Tim Farr or Mark Baldwin because they did an awesome job with no more factory support than what they had. This should be a wake up call for Honda. Look what's happened to Yamaha. Honda and Yamaha had better get off their asses if they wanna win!!! And also congratulations to Joe Byrd. This was long over due for this year !!!!

08-16-2004, 03:02 PM
that was gr8 seeing the only 2 hondas finish up top against all those yamahas...

sparky450AR
08-16-2004, 03:11 PM
Originally posted by TWISTED
How great is it that a privateer is the first to win a GNC national on a 450r instead of a supposedly factory team?? I don't mean anything negative towards Tim Farr or Mark Baldwin because they did an awesome job with no more factory support than what they had. This should be a wake up call for Honda. Look what's happened to Yamaha. Honda and Yamaha had better get off their asses if they wanna win!!! And also congratulations to Joe Byrd. This was long over due for this year !!!!

I agree totally.....im starting to think they dont really give a ****. Yamaha really hasnt done a WHOLE lot either....they have thrown a few bikes at a few top notch racers. Suzuki impresses me the most, they deserve to win this year for sure.

lukester720
08-16-2004, 11:08 PM
Cool! Did Harlen or anyone get any pictures?

08-17-2004, 02:04 PM
yah...harlen got all kind sof pictures & won $350 in a cash drawing

sparky450AR
08-17-2004, 04:29 PM
Originally posted by MixMasterMike
yah...harlen got all kind sof pictures & won $350 in a cash drawing

Awesome.....he deserves a 1000 times that for bringing us great coverage all the time.:D

seven
08-17-2004, 06:05 PM
I read that Honda may be re vamping there 450 becouse they are getting killed in sales. I am not brand loyal by any means but there 450 doesnt hold a candle to the YFZ. My past two quads have been Hondas but Yamaha has got a ace in there pocket with the YFZ.

sparky450AR
08-17-2004, 08:05 PM
Originally posted by seven
I read that Honda may be re vamping there 450 becouse they are getting killed in sales. I am not brand loyal by any means but there 450 doesnt hold a candle to the YFZ. My past two quads have been Hondas but Yamaha has got a ace in there pocket with the YFZ.

I hear that yamaha is going to stop making the yfz!!! Anyone else hear this?

seven
08-17-2004, 08:12 PM
Why are all trx450 riders so mad all the time. Us YFZ riders will wait for you!!

08-17-2004, 08:16 PM
Why are all trx450 riders so mad all the time. Us YFZ riders will wait for you!! you keep waiting for us in your garage while your fixing your yamaha while we ride....:rolleyes:

seven
08-17-2004, 08:23 PM
Yamaha 5 Shootouts////////////5 wins
Honda 5 Shootouts///////////0 wins
Ouch! Thats gotta sting:D
Maybe if they put racks on it they would sell more:macho

86atc250r
08-17-2004, 08:41 PM
Imagine that - a YFZ troll came here to spread hate and discontent...

If the 450R is truly as inferior as you make it sound, I must be a really excellent rider because I haven't been getting spanked by them like I should be for riding what apparently amounts to a utility without racks.

Shootouts don't "Sting" at all --- I haven't seen a "shootout" worth the paper it's printed on in years - too many outside influences and details left out in atv magazine reviews.

Bottom line between these two quads is to pick the one that fits your needs --- if you're an idiot and believe that one or the other is going to win you races, you're going to be sadly mistaken after you actually attend some competitive events.

seven
08-17-2004, 08:54 PM
I didnt just come here to spread hate, check my states, Almost at 1000 posts. I merely stated thet dirt wheels said that honda was going to re vamp the 450 to try and get some of the yfz sales and I was getting sh** for that. Fact is honda is getting out sold by almost 2 to 1. We have the honda sitting down at our local honda shops while you have to wait to get your YFZ most of the time. Honda is a good machine but not on par with the YFZ. I am not saying that becouse I have on either, I waited to buy till all the quads were on the table before I bought one.

seven
08-17-2004, 08:59 PM
Oh and by the way, I have raced MX,indoor and outdoor flattrack since 1996 and have to many trophies to count. SO this idiot has been in competative events!! The quad your on doesnt win the race but it makes it a whole lot easier.

CdaleXtreme
08-17-2004, 09:02 PM
What is this smoke about Yamaha not making the YFZ anymore? Where did you here this and what ground does yamaha have discontinuing a Gold mine.

86atc250r
08-17-2004, 09:07 PM
Just because you have a few trophies and a 1000 posts does not mean you're not a troll.

Don't want to be called one? Don't post like one.

seven
08-17-2004, 09:14 PM
Another well thought out post from you! How old are you 12?? I know you are but what am I? Grow up

86atc250r
08-17-2004, 09:24 PM
One thing I'm not normally accused of is posting things that are not well thought out --- do a little history check, if you're up to it, I'll gladly go into some deep technical discussion --- but it didn't appear that's what you were interested in from your posts in this thread.

I call 'em as I see 'em - some don't like it, some do...

Attempting to insult my intellect and age reflects worse on you than it does on me - if telling me to "grow up" is the best you can muster, then my point is proven.....

r450rr
08-17-2004, 09:30 PM
man why do you defend your yamaha so much... no one made any comments dissing the yfz.. but u had to open you mouth.. now your going to get a lot of people not liking you on here.. it would be a shame that a person with nine hundred and some posts GOT BANNNED!! for stating stupid **** and false evidence.the yamaha is a good machine. and i promise in my part of town they are not outselling the 450r.. in a generous comment to you id say they are about the same in sales around here since honda released. the R i wish i didnt have to waste my time typing this and actually speaking to people like you but i just hate it when i know other people are reading this(the kids) and believing you,, you shooulld get paid to represent yamaha because you are hanging on to that stereotype that( the yamaha is the better machine because its gets gaywheels high marks..) like a newborn hangs onto a nipple.. you need to grow up and just read and learn things.. and if you have nothing good to say in the honda forum just dont say anything at all ,,, seriously :huh ,, u make no sense thats prolly why u have so many posts cause u spend so much time mouthing off.. ill give you an example and u can ponder on this for a while.. the yamaha raptor came out and everyone thought it was so great and u know how that turned out ... i see more modded ex;s racing now than the raptor.. so please keep your mouth shut , becuase you might be the one that everyone makes fun of for eating your words, a few years from now..:macho

kbass24emtp
08-17-2004, 09:58 PM
I like how some YFZ owners come on a Honda site and cause touble. I thing every R owners knows which quad the ragazines love. I go to the Yahama sites and I almost never see Honda owners do what some YFZ owners do on this and other sites. So what' a magazine said one quad is better than a nother. Then take there advise and buy it and leave us alone. Last time I checked there was this guy on a yellow quad that the rags say is inferrior to the YFZ, but some how spanks them almost every race.

TRX450R2
08-18-2004, 01:40 AM
Well said!:cool:

atcyalater
08-18-2004, 09:53 AM
It's getting to the point that I almost can't even go on this forum anymore. It seems like every one on here is so in love with Honda that they are incapable of discussing any issue involving the TRX450 with any objectivity. I've seen it said on here before that Honda could put a piece of ***** on four wheels and people on here would buy it and say it is the best four wheeler ever made. That kind of attitude is pathetic. I like Honda and I love my 400EX but I'm not going to go out and buy a TRX450 just because it's a Honda. I'm not gong to slap down my hard earned money on a high performance ATV unless it the best. I new when I bought my 250R all those years ago it was the best. I have lots of time in on both the Yamaha YFZ450 and the TRX450 and I can tell you that the Yamaha is a superior motocross machine hands down. Everything from the chassis to the ergonomics to the suspension to the acceleration hit of the engine is superior to the Honda. These are facts that are indisputable by anyone that want to discuss these two bikes with any objectivity. As for the magazines being biased, it's just ridiculous. Every media outlet including off-road T.V. venues, the Internet and printed media have picked the YFZ450 as the superior bike. Yamaha couldn't have paid all of these outlets off. If you look at Suzuki’s press comments about their new Z450 they don't even mention the Honda TRX450 as their competition. They only mention one bike they are going after and that's the Yamaha YFZ450. As for the sales issue, I'm into my local Yamaha and Honda dealer at least twice a month as well as riding at all the major riding area in Minnesota on the weekends and from what I've seen Yamaha has to be selling YFZ's 10:1 compared to TRX450's. I don't have any numbers to back that up this is just personal observation. I do know that according to Yamaha they sold over 15000 units of the 2004 YFZ and they are preparing to sell even more in 2005. Those are incredible numbers for a high performance ATV. The one thing I am confident of is that Honda will make changes to the TRX450 to bring its performance in line with the YFZ450. Honda doesn't like to be second best. We can only wait and see if the new Suzuki will be competative with the YFZ.

quadrcr161
08-18-2004, 10:12 AM
IMO the honda is an overall machine, yea the yfz might be better at mx stock, but who leaves them stock? onces you mod each quad the same they are about equal. i have friends with yfz's that was impressed that in the amature classes the 450r was pulling some good starts, even a lot of holeshots at lorettas. Gust has been on the suzuki for what, 2 yrs and a almost unlimited budget? the yamaha has had a season on it at the nationals. and the 450r is still new, give it time. honda was hit very hard in the late 80's because of the 250r, they are not wanting to get hit like that again. i can see that because they say history repets itsself and with these caliber of atvs on the market and people only using these to trailride , a lot of people will get hurt, and since its more then ever "not my fault" its bound to happen again. plus i believe the yfz was based off of the afternarket 250r history, so with out the honda 250r, who knows where this sport would be.

im sure ill get flamed but here is another opinion, these should be race only produced, you do not need anything this powerfull in the woods or everyday riding. its just a bragging point and too many people will get hurt and ruin the sport again. but if it goes away this time it wont be back.

atcyalater
08-18-2004, 11:20 AM
I agree with with quadrcr161, these bikes should be sold as closed coarse racing machines just like the dirt bikes. This is how the motocross bikes have been able to insulate themselves from liability lawsuits. I lived threw the dark days after the consent decree and I don't want to see that happen again. It wont surprise me if the manufacturers stop making these high performance machines again. It's not safe to sell the public a closed coarse racing bike disguissed as a sport ATV. It's only a matter of time before the lawsuits happen. The only thing that will be different is I will be sure to buy a couple of new quads before they stop makeing them. I kick myself for not buying an 88 250R. Actually I should have bought two.

seven
08-18-2004, 04:27 PM
Thats was my point one the whole thing. I had a warrior,banshee,250r,400ex and then the YFZ. I waited to buy the YFZ after honda came out and the polaris to see what was going to work best. To get the honda up to speed motor wise you have to dump a new cam,high comp piston and a full pipe. A yfz you stick a slip on on it and you done. It does seem like any time you say anything other then Honda is best you become the A hole.

Syrus
08-18-2004, 04:36 PM
Originally posted by sparky450AR
I hear that yamaha is going to stop making the yfz!!! Anyone else hear this?

I didnt hear anything about that, but why would they dis-continue making there no#1 quad, and no#1 sales .. ? whoever told u that is on heavy drugs.

seven
08-18-2004, 05:57 PM
He was just saying that to get a rise!

Scottie Mac
08-18-2004, 06:32 PM
Can't we all just get along???......................ahhh, no.

Saying a machine is better than another because of what the pros are doing is rediculas. Doug Gust kicked everyone's arse this year on a Z, funny how you never see another Z in any other class do much of anything.

Doug, Tim Farr, JJ, Natalie, Ellis....... all of those guys would still dominate on any of the three machines, properly set up. Do you really think Gust would have been slow on a Honda or Yamaha???

Congrats to Joe Byrd, he is a class act who deserves the props. I bought a full MX 265R from him a couple of years ago and have pulled for him since.

One last thing........ for some people, the YFZ IS the BEST quad, for others, the TRX IS the BEST quad. Trying to argue a person into agreeing with you that they bought the wrong quad is rediculas and stupid. I love my YFZ, it is, in MY OPINION, a far superior machine for what I do. BUT, I am sure there a a ton of guys on Hondas who feel the same about the TRX. No harm, no foul, more power to them.

Ride what you like, b1tch less and stop acting like 12 year olds.

Flame away, gentlemen...............

Scott

Out_Sider
08-18-2004, 07:16 PM
i think this "seven" charactor is a dick. he WAS trying to start stuff, thats why he said the whole 5-0 shootouts and stuff, then trys to act all innocent and stuf.. who cares how many trophies you got, you think your something? you AINT CHIT. probably some old geezer trying to be young again by talkin crap to ppl... :rolleyes:

seven
08-18-2004, 07:24 PM
Actually, If you can read, Go back a couple of posts to were I was saying they were talking about redoing the trx450, Then go to the next post about not making the YFZ any more. So I didnt start anything,You die hard honda lovers did. And yes, after that, I was just trying to start somthing. So go back to sucking your binky and leave this old geezer alone! Maybe when you grow up daddy will buy you a YFZ if you can handle it!

sparky450AR
08-18-2004, 09:19 PM
Actually, If you can read, Go back a couple of posts to were I was saying they were talking about redoing the trx450, Then go to the next post about not making the YFZ any more. So I didnt start anything,You die hard honda lovers did. And yes, after that, I was just trying to start somthing. So go back to sucking your binky and leave this old geezer alone! Maybe when you grow up daddy will buy you a YFZ if you can handle it!

Im with scottie, this is stupid to even be arguing over....ONCE AGAIN. But incase you forgot what you posted or something, I think this is what may have sparked some anger.

450r doesnt hold a candle to the YFZ.

Dam, If I said that on here, only switched the quads around.....I would be hated. Anyone would....Im glad you have a quad you like (hell, i like your quad), and im glad you have opinions.....but some things shouldnt be said.

r450rr
08-18-2004, 09:36 PM
well said,, well said you exaclty right sparky..

its like the kid bully in the 5th grade he talks so much **** and acts all bad. but then after something happens infront of the teachers , sucks:eek2: up so he wont get in trouble..

why deny it..

i like the yfz in general ,, its not for me.. but when you said that the trx"doesnt hold a candle to a yfz" in a trx 450r forum why are you even complaining about the *****in.. cause i could have said the same thing in the yfz fourum,, and got chewed out.. so better off saying those terms in the proper forum.. did u want us to agree with you or what?>??:rolleyes:

lukester720
08-18-2004, 10:03 PM

I'm not trying to stir any more chit in this thread but what in the above post has anything to do with the title of this thread? I responded to this thread because I thought that someone here might have a little info on the race to hold me over till harlens pics and report came out but NnNOOooOoOoo it has to turn into another honda vs yamaha thread. But thanks for ruining a potentially good thread, I'm sure your buddies back at yamaha headquarters are really proud of you. :rolleyes:

08-18-2004, 10:11 PM
what do you want to know aboutt he race? I was there...this thread sucks too by the way

lukester720
08-18-2004, 10:20 PM
Just stuff like who placed where in what motos, who pulled the holeshots, who battled who, how close was it, any accidents, trank conditions. Pretty much anything besides advertising for the yamaha yfz :rolleyes:. Thanks Mike!

08-18-2004, 10:24 PM
the weekend weather was perfect...i didnt really pay attention to the races except for the pros.

markeg192
08-19-2004, 09:38 PM
Originally posted by Out_Sider
i think this "seven" charactor is a dick. he WAS trying to start stuff, thats why he said the whole 5-0 shootouts and stuff, then trys to act all innocent and stuf.. who cares how many trophies you got, you think your something? you AINT CHIT. probably some old geezer trying to be young again by talkin crap to ppl... :rolleyes:

Yeah he sucks!