PDA

View Full Version : Diesel Drags In Utah

stiffy
08-16-2004, 07:44 AM
Well last weekend on the 13th Edge had thier annual Weekend on the Edge diesel drags at RMR here in Salt Lake it was our first time drag racing and we ended up getting 1st in the single turbo class and 3rd overall it was so much fun we had the biggest tires out there 36x14.50x16 next time we will run smaller tires and we should do a lot better. Hopefully they will do it more than once a year it was so much fun!! The Edge Cummins on it's second run had a problem at 1/2 track and ran a 15 at 40 mph :eek2: Oh yeah we drive a 2001 Dodge Cummins 4x4 ext cab short bed with a Edge Drag box, Banks 4" power elbow, 4" banks exhaust, AFE Stage II filter, stage II Bosch injectors and 40 lbs of boost. :macho

bulkdriverlp
08-16-2004, 08:20 AM
cool, id like to see that, diesels are bad to the bone.;)

diesel-mech
08-16-2004, 10:00 AM
Your gettin 40lbs of boost from a cummins b series? Yee Haah
Those engines are just too much fun!:blah: :macho

stiffy
08-16-2004, 10:25 AM
In the very near future we are going to have it re-geared right now it's 3.55's and I was thinking more like 4.10's we are also tinkering with the idea of adding a water/methanol kit instead of propane or nos.

diesel-mech
08-16-2004, 10:39 AM
Originally posted by stiffy
In the very near future we are going to have it re-geared right now it's 3.55's and I was thinking more like 4.10's we are also tinkering with the idea of adding a water/methanol kit instead of propane or nos.

I'm new to the diesel drag sceine, I really didn't even know it exsisted. I'm not sure why you would want to go with a 4:10 gear though. It seems to me that your taking the load away from the engine and there for you will lose some boost. I would think that to drag race a diesel you would want a little taller gear. What distance are you racing? If you were pulling with it a 4:10 or higher would seem to benifit but if its just the weight of the truck I'd think your taking away from its ability to build boost.
Like I said I don't know much about racing a diesel so cut me some slack if I'm wrong;)

stiffy
08-16-2004, 02:45 PM
I'm new too. I'm not sure exactly what gears would be best but it seems as though it doesn't shift right because we have 36x14.50x16 parnelli jones dirt grip tires ( any over size tire) I saw that a company named Jet has a tuner to adjust the speedo that might do the trick. The water/meth kit drops egt's down 200 degrees. We really need to find some different tires maybe some big ol slicks :cool: the PJ's weigh 92 lbs each w/out the rim.