PDA

View Full Version : Works shocks bushings

oynot400
04-05-2002, 08:18 AM
I was doing a little maintaince to the 400 the other night. I noticed that on the bottom mounts on my Works shocks are wore. The bushings in the bottom eyelets need replaced. I am having a difficult time tring to find the bushings. Has any one replaced replaced theirs? I checked Works web site to see if they had a parts listing and all I found was if I sent them the shocks they would service them with new oil, seals and bushing for $180! I figured that for that much money I would sell these and get good shocks, like Elka or something.
I was just wondering if anyone else had the same problem.
Thanks. :)

Zingnut
04-05-2002, 08:47 AM
I have called them directly and got new "go betweens" and new triple rate springs. Both were only 20 bucksa piece but they have a 25 or 30 dollar minimum order.

Works Performance Products
21045 Osborne Street
Canoga Park, CA 91304

Phone: (818) 701-1010

Ask for sales then they will ask questions about the size so take a OD and ID measurement on the bushings just in case but should be able to match them up just by brand of quad.

oynot400
04-05-2002, 09:57 AM
Thanks Zingnut, I will give them a call this afternoon. :D

400exBro
04-05-2002, 07:13 PM
Do u now if they are self aling bearings or bushings??? or heim sphere bearing ?? if they are what is the 5 didgit number on the bearing or bughing??
thanks
Bro
Also how do you like the works shocks?? what type of riding do you do?? I am probably getting some over elkas because they are cheapier $$ and they seem to work nice, unless some how i cahnge my mind i will get either elka's or save up a lot and get some peps.

04-05-2002, 07:19 PM
I had the same problem with my Works shocks and called them, talked to Sandy in tech and he gave me a new set up that uses a piece of rubber hose instead of those plastic bushings and they worked great. They made a bit of a rubbing sound if you got on the bike when it wasn't running. You know when the suspension compresses from your wieght and the shock would pivot on the hose. I have TCS shocks now but would like to tell you to talk to Sandy at Works and he will fix your valving for what ever your problems are with them for like $50 bucks. Best of luck

400exBro
04-05-2002, 07:30 PM
Originally posted by Protime Mcgrath
I had the same problem with my Works shocks and called them, talked to Sandy in tech and he gave me a new set up that uses a piece of rubber hose instead of those plastic bushings and they worked great. They made a bit of a rubbing sound if you got on the bike when it wasn't running. You know when the suspension compresses from your wieght and the shock would pivot on the hose. I have TCS shocks now but would like to tell you to talk to Sandy at Works and he will fix your valving for what ever your problems are with them for like $50 bucks. Best of luck

Dude those are self aling bearing, do you still have em???
If you do may i have the 5 digit number that is on them, i hope???
Bro