PDA

View Full Version : Plzzzzz Help :((((((((((((((((((

Ex-Aholic
08-16-2004, 12:42 AM
Hi All...
I have a 400ex i bought used and in good condition. ive been riding it with no problems... i took it to the garage because they needed to change something in the engine.. when i took it back after 30 mins of driving the oil started leaking.. i took it to him and left itfor a week.. he said he drove it for 30 mins and nothing happened but when i took it back it started leaking again.. WHAT IS THIS FROM?? TY

derekhonda
08-16-2004, 01:22 AM
Where is it leaking? Probably just a gasket...no big deal. Next time a little more info would be helpful so we can answer your question easier.

Ex-Aholic
08-16-2004, 01:54 AM
well... he did change the gasket... but its leaking not near the engine but near the suspension, the whole area shows oil..

hondarider2006
08-16-2004, 02:37 PM
Originally posted by Ex-Aholic
well... he did change the gasket... but its leaking not near the engine but near the suspension, the whole area shows oil..

:huh be a little more spacific

47501exracer
08-16-2004, 09:16 PM
Front or rear suspension?

Could the oil be coming from a blown rear shock?

If it's the front, maybe something needs tightened on the oil tank/cooler or the cooler has a small hole in it.

What did they change in the engine? A shop doesn't change something in the engine and not tell you what it was unless ur a dummy and don't care.

Fill it up with oil and run it till it happens and see where it's leaking.

Did this happen before it went to the shop? If not take it back and make them fix it.