PDA

View Full Version : my version of laurens

gump
08-15-2004, 10:21 PM
well i was consistent again this week.. sucked!!!!!! got a desent start and rode good for a lap, then hit a tree in that god forsaking tight spot, you know the one they cut through those african american pine trees , now that tree hurt, 3rd lap hanging out in about 6th place, well guess what same place but different tree, may have sprung my bad wrist or broke it again on that one.. seen mobyplane "jeff mayse" flip his on that hill going around the 1st jump, jump was blocked by a rider who backed out of jumping.. thought i was doing ok but wound up 8th.
my hero david edenfield won our old timers class with jeff hunter all up in his *** at the finish.. if hunter wins a couple this year edenfield there's always C class... :devil: now that's a joke son, my partner jeff robinson got a respectful 5th place.. all in all i had a good time and a good ride, even with that painfull 4th lap! this is a great group of guys to race with, even ole cherry picker edenfield.:D come on david i know your reading this, get your kids in the room to help ya type and spell.. let's hear yalls story..

mobyplane
08-16-2004, 09:42 AM
yea, the hill flip sucked. I didn't really mind that the guy backed off the jump since the alternate line was open. I caught one of those slick roots and got a little squirly and next thing I knew my quad was trying to climb a tree. After that, I did what apparently every other bike out there was doing (scraping the bark off of trees!). I bent both tie rods, messed up my arm, bruised my ribs, hurt my back and worst of all.............. another race goes by and I still haven't beaten Gump yet! This may be my last race, I can't seem to remember the reason why I put myself through this kind of punishment.

gump
08-16-2004, 10:06 AM
well after a good nights sleep and anthor doctors visit i now have an 03 suzuki for sell, comes with the full setup, elkas and derisi rebuild rear +1 arms 4+1 off set front wheels, trail tech bars and clamp and all kinds of stuff on her.. it's been fun and yall are a great bunch of guys to ride with but think i'm retiring after this one, gotta be able to work on monday..

barry rhames
08-16-2004, 01:02 PM
you aint gonna retire we will see ya at nebo
checkout my skidplate ad on wheels at dirt rider0638

gump
08-16-2004, 03:40 PM
just got back from the doctor... you know the broke wrist i just got over, well guess what it's broke again, different bone this time. doc said it's not as bad as the last break but still broke.. gotta love those tight tracks that you can barely get a quad through.. well guess i'm done.. love this sport, but the mideast tracks are just to tight and rough for a rookie like me.. might come and watch my buddie and all the friends i made racing at nebo.. but you can stick a fork in me.... so long guys

700 racer
08-16-2004, 07:35 PM
:( say it isnt so. i like reading all your smack on here . i know it was tight but man it was awesome .. great track bonnie now im looking forward to nebo. just fix my points and ill be happy . add in the drops and ill be in second in no time. thanks bonnie i learned to have fun racing again this weekend.

gump
08-17-2004, 08:51 AM
please excuse my whining, i've rode tougher tracks and liked them, just got hurt at this one, was down all winter and now down again, are ya feeling my pain? should've practiced more on the tight stuff, so please send money to the "get gump some balls foundation" checks or cash and i also take paypal!!!!

Dannys400ex
08-18-2004, 01:59 PM
come on now you cant sell out, you and jeff r. have to get and bullwinkle faster. you know how how slow we are and we cant catch you two. the arm will heal up before you know it and then in a couple of months me and barry are gonna start kickin some old ***.

lol:D