PDA

View Full Version : new style 400ex??

redrunner
08-15-2004, 05:03 PM
Ok what is the shizzy on this rumor? Any truth to it?
If I don't quit riding completely I was thinking of it as a replacement.

my03-400ex
08-15-2004, 06:14 PM
Originally posted by redrunner
If I don't quit riding completely

now wtf is that supposed to mean??!! quit riding?! why the hell would you do that? O_o

redrunner
08-15-2004, 06:15 PM
I'm old and broken!:(

Green Goblin
08-15-2004, 07:35 PM
There are several rumors floating aroun out there surrounding the 05 400ex . In all, the rumors come down to these elements : The 05 is supposed to have reverse since its not hondas leading sport quad since the 450r was released,and it may have restyled plastic. WE wont know until sometime in september when it is released after some dealers convention . Here is a link where someone had acually seen the 05 400ex http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=114586&highlight=2005+400ex

there are a couple of post on the forum here about the 05 ex, you may wanna check out , but it all comes down to we hafta wait, but imo it sounds like there are too many rumors afloat for something not new to come along to come along with it :D

robertburrell
08-27-2004, 07:34 PM
I Cant believe all you care about is reverse. So what? Is it really that hard whip it around or heavens forbid you get off and push if neccessary.
There is a lot they could do to make it better. Ive come across a few times when a kick starter would have been nice. Or, perhaps they could offer all the things we are doing to them anyway.. cam, timing advance, cdi, pipe, suspension ect. None of these increase engine size, just power and performance. They offer a performance package for the 450r and the yfz, why not the 400ex? If they offered these, Honda would rake in the profits instead of other companies, and we could get a quad we wanted instead of spending all our dough on aftertermarket parts to get what we want.
As for reverse, it doesnt make the bike any faster. Leave it off. Get a different quad if you want reverse.

jjthekj
08-29-2004, 12:10 PM
Thanks Green goblin. One thing Honda is letting be known about the new 400EX is that it will have the cleanest emissions ever. Meeting (or exceeding) new EPA standards before they've been implemented. Hat's off to Honda for figuring out how to deal with environMENTALists, and looking toward a bright future for offroad enthusiasts. Hell even tree huggers could ride one of these without offending their conscience. It'd be a great way to see some of the world they fight to keep us away from.
:p