PDA

View Full Version : 86 250R splitting the case

shane
04-04-2002, 09:39 PM
Hey,
Anybody out there have any experience with rebuilding the lower end on a 250R?
I have a pretty good knock and vibration and I think its coming from the lower end.
I'm all set with the top end...but I've never had to split the case on a two stroke. I just purchased the Klymers manual but was hoping for some real world feed back from anybody with this type of experience.

Thanks
Shane

04-04-2002, 09:45 PM
the sound is proably yur watr pmp. ****er balancer or rod bearings. i would suggest leting a deaer do it. it's not that simple of a job.

mrusk
04-04-2002, 09:49 PM
Dont Let your dealer work on it! They will charge you alot! Find a local go fast shop and they should hook you up affordably.

matt

04-04-2002, 09:53 PM
sed me your motor. the manual. and 100 bucks and i'll redo your motor.just joking. yeah..find some one who can do it. i could but i get dicked when i work on people stuff for them.

beerock
04-04-2002, 10:37 PM
before you go and rip the engine out, take the clutch cover off and take a look in there and let me know whats going on in there.

the knock could be from the counter balancer holder. or tons of other things.

you should also take off the flywheel cover.

that way you can check to see if your bearings are bad on the motor by wiggling the crank from both sides.

I would rebuild your motor for parts cost + $200 bux.

If you split the cases you might as well buy all new bearings.

cuz youll kick yourself if a bearing decides to blow in the tranny right after you rebuild it.

either way let me know whats your symptoms are, and if you do actually need a rebuild, I can point you in the right direction for parts. and give you some pointers(like replacing all the bearings)

shane
04-04-2002, 11:28 PM
Beerock you nailed it bro! My main concern is with keeping the tranny parts and pieces in order.
I want to do the rebuild it myself. I'm pretty handy with the wrenches but this will be the first time doing the lower end on a 250R!
I will let you guide me through if you don't mind. I should get started on it Sunday!

Thanks
Shane