PDA

View Full Version : Lack Of Threads

310Rduner
08-14-2004, 10:08 PM
Why the lack of interesting threads in open forum lately? The same threads have been up for a week it seems. I should be used to the abundance of mediocre threads, but it still does not seem on par with the interesting threads normally found here. Is anyone else thinking the same thing about the threads that are popping up? I don't know what I am expecting of this forum when considering the majority of the posters seem to be under the age of 13.:confused: I don't know... something just seems to be lacking lately?

MotoX3
08-14-2004, 10:17 PM
Originally posted by 310Rduner
I don't know what I am expecting of this forum when considering the majority of the posters seem to be under the age of 13.:confused:
ROFLMAO:eek2: :p :macho ....it does seem kinda quiet around here lately....btw where are monkeynuts and his inlaws/brothers:D

batgeek
08-14-2004, 10:22 PM
i think you expect too much from some of our posters. :)

i'd engage you in some meaningful conversation, but it will eventually get sidetracked by HAWT NEKID GURLS ON QUADS!!!!

- which aint a bad thing by the way

310Rduner
08-14-2004, 10:34 PM
Originally posted by batgeek
i think you expect too much from some of our posters. :)

i'd engage you in some meaningful conversation, but it will eventually get sidetracked by HAWT NEKID GURLS ON QUADS!!!!

- which aint a bad thing by the way

I don't expect that much from most of the posters; specifically the ones likely to start threads on pimple maintenance. The only reason I really hang around the open forum to create some of the more intelligent discussions is to see what people like you, wilkin and many of the others are inclined to say. Usually the kind of posters like Srh and company tend to stay out of those discussions or enter themselves into a pummeling match by doing so.

Randi.org has to have the best critical thinking discussions I've run across thus far on the net.

400exrules
08-14-2004, 10:36 PM
lol ive been thinkin the same thing, im started to get bored now lol

Dan_Guetter
08-14-2004, 11:11 PM
i'll make an interesting thread

MichaelS693
08-14-2004, 11:43 PM
hmmm interesting thread about interesting threads:D

rollie
08-15-2004, 12:02 AM
Originally posted by 310Rduner
I don't know what I am expecting of this forum when considering the majority of the posters seem to be under the age of 13.:confused: I don't know... something just seems to be lacking lately?

ummm.....theres alot of mature young people with good information on this fourm but i agree some are very inmature and the fourms could do with out them and yeah we need more intersting posts!

batgeek
08-15-2004, 12:07 AM
replace the word "some" with "majority" and thats a good damn post!

Evan
08-15-2004, 01:40 AM
interesting thread:blah:

Doibugu2
08-15-2004, 03:07 AM
There are some new sites being started up which are taking some users away from here.

Guy400
08-15-2004, 05:02 AM
Can someone explain how the light in the refridgerator knows when the door is open and don't tell me it's magic or there's a little man in there. I've ruled those out...

Guy400
08-15-2004, 05:42 AM
In all seriousness, I think several factors contribute to this.

1.)I believe a line was drawn in the sand quite some time ago. When the site really started to take off there were older members that wanted the site to be run a certain way and there were new members that want it to be run a different way. The admin (whoever that may have been at the time) tried to compromise and inevitably, not everyone was happy. Notice how the older members say there's too much BS that goes on so they're not on as much yet newer members or "lurkers" say it's too strict?

2.)People's hobbies shift. I know it's hard for some people to comprehend but quads are not life. Some people are into quads for a period in their lives but then as time wears on they find other interests; i.e., cars, paintball, streetbikes, etc.

3.)People's lives shift. Maybe they got laid off, maybe got a promotion, had kids, moved to an area where they can't ride anymore, moved to an area where they can't afford to ride anymore even if they wanted to. The old saying is, "You never know what tomorrow holds" and maybe quads weren't in someone's tomorrow.

bansheerider_13
08-15-2004, 08:08 AM
maybe were just running out new and exciting topics

416exmx
08-15-2004, 09:28 AM
Originally posted by bansheerider_13
maybe were just running out new and exciting topics

yeah then everytime a newbee posts something everyone jumps on him with "use the search button". who wants to set around and search all the time. yes there is some great information, but each time a question is ask there will be different responces and different people will read and reply, resulting in different, maybe more, and interesting information.

guy400- i dont know about the light deal. i can open the door as fast as i can and the light is always on. i think it is a trick and the light must always be on.:rolleyes:

400exrules
08-15-2004, 10:01 AM
well....my friend shot a black bird flying over my backyard with my BB gun...no joke, killed it

brian-250
08-15-2004, 10:16 AM
Originally posted by 400exrules
well....my friend shot a black bird flying over my backyard with my BB gun...no joke, killed it

Well, in that case im gonna set a target up a mile away and try to hit it with a .22.:huh

SRH
08-15-2004, 10:18 AM
why dont u guys just go do something instead of sitting on here

brian-250
08-15-2004, 10:24 AM
Originally posted by SRH
why dont u guys just go do something instead of sitting on here

Im on a lunch break, then haulin cattle to sharpsville, so STFU!:o :blah:

kicken250x
08-15-2004, 10:56 AM
the site seems to go through sort of a pattern. i remember about a year, year and a half ago it was like this. i dont remember the name but there was one guy that had some really good posts. i got into some pretty crazy discusions with him. just give it time, itll be back;)

markeg192
08-15-2004, 09:44 PM
For me it seems that the members that make posts that I enjoy reading rarely post and the members that post the most I rarely enjoy. Maybe long Summer days are keeping some out riding and stuff.

doctor_915
08-15-2004, 10:39 PM
Yes the site does always cycle like this.
It's called summer, been here 4 years, I am more of a lurker but most useless topics come from bored teenagers. I need to put a scientific study together to prove my hypothesis right.
And yes, right now I am bored so pretty much I am rambling...blah blah bla bla blah blah blah blah.....
Maybe fall will bring new life.

SGA
08-15-2004, 11:46 PM
doctor_915 is right, its always like this at the end of summer.
It goes in cycles. Sometimes the open forum is boring for week or two, then lets loose with all kinds of good stuff for a week or two.

Its the Forum Gods keeping balance.:bandit:

Chef
08-16-2004, 12:03 AM
Originally posted by SGA

Its the Forum Gods keeping balance.:bandit:

That'd be us sir! (Raises hand) :macho

QuadJunkies
08-16-2004, 12:14 AM
Originally posted by SGA
doctor_915 is right, its always like this at the end of summer.
It goes in cycles. Sometimes the open forum is boring for week or two, then lets loose with all kinds of good stuff for a week or two.

Its the Forum Gods keeping balance.:bandit: LOL...also, school is gearing up for alot of people too, I have noticed the last two years this pattern this time of year... Then once every few months, everyone on the site gets a case of PMS :eek2: :o and gets cabin fever........:p

Ryan
08-16-2004, 12:44 AM
I was gonna make a thread about pimples but I didn;t want jerry to hurt me :( ;) :p `

:blah: