PDA

View Full Version : More ATV Offroad Fury 3 info

RIDER11X
08-14-2004, 09:04 PM
Go to:http://www.dirtrider.com/gearbag/141_0408_atvfury/

:cool:

MotoX3
08-14-2004, 09:15 PM
looks kinda the same as 2 to me...idk though i dont play games much:macho :blah:

bluebaron
08-14-2004, 09:17 PM
to bad you only can race against 5 other people

RIDER11X
08-14-2004, 09:36 PM
I got money down on my copy already! #1 on the list to get one...:macho

Tommy 17
08-14-2004, 10:00 PM
whesn it come out??? i'll def buy one so i have something to do on my spare time at college when i can't ride in real life:o

batgeek
08-14-2004, 10:10 PM
good lookin guy like you shouldn't have much "free time" at college *wink wink*

yeah, i know i'm ghey :rolleyes:

RIDER11X
08-14-2004, 10:22 PM
I've been seeing it as coming out in late November..........Good timing for us northern guys that are in rebuild season at around that time. Some virtual riding if you will.:p

Punk'd
08-14-2004, 11:02 PM
I hope its good i heard its not:(

400exrules
08-14-2004, 11:16 PM
........:huh :huh that looks like sh*t

RIDER11X
08-14-2004, 11:23 PM
Originally posted by 400exrules
........:huh :huh that looks like sh*t
Link is not working...............:huh

muddy400EX
08-14-2004, 11:28 PM
that dont look like its gonna be very good.:(

batgeek
08-14-2004, 11:51 PM
so....basically you guys are saying that ORF2 sucked eh? it's pretty much the same game.

Evan
08-15-2004, 02:02 AM
So they change the name and charge you more money?:confused:

RIDER11X
08-15-2004, 08:11 AM
Do a search and look at all of the posts and threads for AORF2, and I think you will have a tough time saying that it is not any good. This time they threw in the Powerslide move, customizeable quads, supposedly 26 machines, new tracks and environments, and better online play..................Not too shabby. The link I put up shows screenshots of the prototype also, they probably will get refined a decent amount.

400exrules
08-15-2004, 10:03 AM
no, i love ORF2, 3 looks like sh*t, dont look the same to me

SRH
08-15-2004, 10:39 AM
Originally posted by batgeek
so....basically you guys are saying that ORF2 sucked eh? it's pretty much the same game.

:confused: no its not its made by totally diferent company, its made by the same bright old folks that brought you the smash hit atv power quad racing its the same game with different looking quads and some different features
i wont buy it

400exrules
08-15-2004, 10:51 AM
Originally posted by SRH
:confused: no its not its made by totally diferent company, its made by the same bright old folks that brought you the smash hit atv power quad racing its the same game with different looking quads and some different features
i wont buy it

exactly...i dont see why yall are saying its the same exact game.....

ORF2 = good game
ORF3 = POS

08-15-2004, 11:26 AM
save urself some money and buy gta san andreas...beat everyone of those games so far

WOracing
08-15-2004, 01:09 PM
im buying it...i think it looks good

and for san andres, im getting that to
:D

Ryan
08-15-2004, 01:16 PM
The only thing I see thats pretty disapointing is the graphics. It looks more like ATV Power Quad Racing then the old ATV ORF2.

Mxjunkie
08-15-2004, 01:32 PM
Originally posted by Ryan
The only thing I see thats pretty disapointing is the graphics. It looks more like ATV Power Quad Racing then the old ATV ORF2.

the graphics allways look bad in pictures, on almost everygame

WOracing
08-15-2004, 02:28 PM
Originally posted by Mxjunkie69
the graphics allways look bad in pictures, on almost everygame

this is true, screen shots suck at picture quality

SRH
08-15-2004, 05:24 PM
Originally posted by Ryan

ahem atv orf 3= power quad racing +name change+diff looking tracks and quads= bad game

i have atv power quad racing the graphics look like super nintendo id expect the same from this game.....so maybe ull get a tad better quality than what u see in those screens

BYRD-MAN
08-15-2004, 05:40 PM
I dont know how most of you say the game sucks. ITS NOT EVEN OUT YET!!! I think the graphics look good.

SRH
08-15-2004, 05:45 PM
it is a fact the game is based off power quad racing.... what does that tell u?

Ryan
08-15-2004, 05:47 PM
Originally posted by SRH

And that source of info came from where :confused: :rolleyes:

batgeek
08-15-2004, 06:30 PM
i remeber seeing an E3 report on G4TV stating that the license of Rainbow's ORF2 engine was aquired by Climax to produce ORF3.

they played and showed the game, and i noted to myself that it looked exactly like ORF2. it sure didn't look like Quad Power Racing, the quads moved the same in the air as in ORF2.

i tend to believe G4TV over Srh.

400exrules
08-15-2004, 07:02 PM
Originally posted by SRH

POS

Green Goblin
08-15-2004, 08:00 PM
im dissapointed at atvorf3 , there not going to have any real licensed atvs, only licensed part :rolleyes: that means no honda, no kawasaki, no nothing, even part 2 lost yamaha licensing ! thats kinda dumb, and cheap imo , the only way im buying it this year is if things change and they have licensed atvs :(

Toadz400
08-15-2004, 08:11 PM
Originally posted by Green Goblin
im dissapointed at atvorf3 , there not going to have any real licensed atvs, only licensed part :rolleyes: that means no honda, no kawasaki, no nothing, even part 2 lost yamaha licensing ! thats kinda dumb, and cheap imo , the only way im buying it this year is if things change and they have licensed atvs :(

Yea, I hate how Yamaha doesn't put in their quads. In the first one they had the Warrior and Banshee. I wish they would have the YFZ450 on there.

If this game is anything like the ATV Power Quad Racing I'm not even going to think about buying it or even renting it. That game was so gay I couldn't believe it, I love how you could do a triple backflip and barrel roll off of a 2 ft jump...so realistic. As for the powersliding thing, you can do that in the Power Quad games so it sounds like they are just copying stuff from that game.

We'll just have to wait and see what it's like when it comes out, until then no one can really know for sure.

batgeek
08-15-2004, 08:39 PM
i don't understand how not having licensed stuff will detract from any "fun factor"...:confused:

sh^t, i didn't need a Duncan yo-yo when i was a kid to have fun with a yo-yo.

RIDER11X
08-15-2004, 08:45 PM
My guess is that the game will be very much like Fury 2, due to the fact that they bought the rights to it to develop the 3rd version. Why buy something that is proven to sell, to trash it? As for the licencing.................I hope that is not true. With the large selection of sport quads out there, it would be really dumb to have make believe quads on the game. I'd pay more for the game if it has YFZ's and 450r's on it!:cool:

SRH
08-15-2004, 08:58 PM
they bought the name...its not the same game engine the same people arent making the game......akklaim or something is making this one, the ones who made power quad racing ....basically tweaking it adding some new stuff hoping to sell more copies becuase of the name change, it could be a ok game but i wont even consider spending th emoney on it....

dirtyboy88
08-15-2004, 09:00 PM
im wondering why yall ya'll are puttin down the game when no one here has played it yet! :rolleyes:

RIDER11X
08-15-2004, 09:02 PM
I forwarded a the link to this thread to Sony to hopefully be read by the development team. (Consumer Relations):cool:

OneFast440
08-15-2004, 09:06 PM
OK, here is the scoop. I worked at Rainbow Studios ( the people that made ATV Offroad Fury and ATV Offroad Fury 2). They are not making ATV Offroad Fury 3, Sony sold the lisence of the name to Akllaim who made ATV Power Racing or whatever that game was called. So this game will suck.... It will never be as good as ATV Offroad Fury 2, and yes I have played ATV Offroad Fury 3 IT BLOWS. My best advice to all of you is to rent this game and see for yourself how bad of a game this is going to be. Rainbow Studios is working on a new game that will blow MX Unleased away....

SRH
08-15-2004, 09:07 PM
Originally posted by OneFast440
OK, here is the scoop. I worked at Rainbow Studios ( the people that made ATV Offroad Fury and ATV Offroad Fury 2). They are not making ATV Offroad Fury 3, Sony sold the lisence of the name to Akllaim who made ATV Power Racing or whatever that game was called. So this game will suck.... It will never be as good as ATV Offroad Fury 2, and yes I have played ATV Offroad Fury 3 IT BLOWS. My best advice to all of you is to rent this game and see for yourself how bad of a game this is going to be. Rainbow Studios is working on a new game that will blow MX Unleased away....

thank you august:cool:

08-15-2004, 09:14 PM
Originally posted by dirtyboy88
im wondering why yall ya'll are puttin down the game when no one here has played it yet! :rolleyes: people have played the game dude...E3...ever heard of it...your such a geek....j/k :blah:

ID-YFZracer-BE
08-15-2004, 09:46 PM
ill wait what maxxis ultimate atv looks like before i buy atv orf 3

SRH
08-15-2004, 10:00 PM
haha how come no one has told august hes wrong because g4tv told u so

Rebelrider4OOex
08-15-2004, 10:08 PM
Originally posted by ID-YFZracer-BE
ill wait what maxxis ultimate atv looks like before i buy atv orf 3

is maxxis ultimate atv any good? whens that coming out?

Toadz400
08-15-2004, 10:08 PM
Originally posted by SRH
haha how come no one has told august hes wrong because g4tv told u so

I was wondering the same thing. :p

I've watched that show before...not that great.

batgeek
08-15-2004, 10:09 PM
August you are wrong because G4TV told me so.

i trust G4TV over August Goebel.

was August a consultant? was he on the software design team?

still hasn't answered the software engine license, just the game name license.

why would they say the "added" powersliding, when it was already in ATV Power Ranger Quad Super Force 2?

August's opinion of the game play is his own opinion, i'll wait until i play it myself before i make judgement.

doctor_915
08-15-2004, 10:31 PM
All of this is speculation so far. From my understanding they bought the whole engine, the name and everything. If it was on AOF2 Akklaim now owns it. They already had developed powersliding for their games so added it to AOF3. There will not be any real life quads, but so what. I will believe G4tv and any other websites about the game before a poster on the net, I mean heck everyone has their own opinion, but the truth is nobody knows what this game will be like yet.

Myself tho I would much rather see Rainbow have it than Akklaim, Akklaim tends to make things too arcade style and unrealistic, IMO.

MOFO
08-16-2004, 04:02 AM
Originally posted by batgeek

i'll wait until i play it myself before i make judgement.

same here. Its amazing how quickly people jump on the bandwagon of "it sucks because I heard someone say it sucks"...
:rolleyes:

I guess this way of thinking trickles down to alot of things posted on here...

ID-YFZracer-BE
08-16-2004, 08:42 AM
Originally posted by Rebelrider4OOex

it says september but they aren't finnished with the game yet so idk

insaneracin2003
08-16-2004, 10:48 AM
OK, here is the scoop. I worked at Rainbow Studios ( the people that made ATV Offroad Fury and ATV Offroad Fury 2). They are not making ATV Offroad Fury 3, Sony sold the lisence of the name to Akllaim who made ATV Power Racing or whatever that game was called. So this game will suck.... It will never be as good as ATV Offroad Fury 2, and yes I have played ATV Offroad Fury 3 IT BLOWS. My best advice to all of you is to rent this game and see for yourself how bad of a game this is going to be. Rainbow Studios is working on a new game that will blow MX Unleased away.... Is that going to be a dirt bike game or a quad racing game?

OneFast440
08-16-2004, 01:28 PM
Can I say.... BOTH!

SHOCKER
08-16-2004, 02:41 PM
Can I say.... BOTH!

:blah: no way man, its gonna have quads and dirtbikes? they should throw in a 3-wheeler ;) is it gonna be like unleashed with a buggy and a trophy truck? they should make it like grand theft auto, so ya can get out and change to a dirtbike or a quad while your playing :blah:

SRH
08-16-2004, 04:00 PM
hahah they said added becuase atv offroad fury 1 and 2 didnt have it, now 3 does... becuase ya know its power quad racing

how hard is it for you guys to understnad all they bought was the name and rights to it

i hope you all go waste 40 bucks on this then cry every night before you go to sleep because srh was right:eek:

MOFO
08-16-2004, 04:36 PM
Originally posted by SRH

i hope you all go waste 40 bucks on this then cry every night before you go to sleep because srh was right:eek:

nah... wont cost me a dime to play that game... or any for that matter.

Juggalo
08-16-2004, 11:22 PM
not to be a smart *** but the company is named acclaim not akklaim. just one of those small things that get on my nerves..sorry

RIDER11X
08-16-2004, 11:47 PM
Originally posted by Rebelrider4OOex

Where can we see some screen shots of it?:huh

Florida400EX
08-16-2004, 11:55 PM
Originally posted by RIDER11X

Yeah some screenshots would be awsome. It will have to be an awsome game for Maxxis to put their name in the title. :cool:

ID-YFZracer-BE
08-17-2004, 12:57 AM
Originally posted by RIDER11X

they havent got any screenshots yet, at least i couldn't find any.