PDA

View Full Version : elka w/o rezzies?

RideRed04
04-04-2002, 08:36 PM
Ok I need to know some stuff here:

1. Price. Where is the best place to go (I want good customer service and a good deal)
2. Quality. Are these as nice as the more expensive elkas (minus the rezzies) or do they have corners cut other places too?
3. Value. Would I be better off getting some works tripple rates w/ rezzies for about the same price (I know they are within $50 of eachother)
4. Anything else you think I need to know

Oh yeah, you might need this: stock a-arms, I am about 180 with gear, ride fast trails, play race, and piss around on jumps.

cdalejef
04-04-2002, 08:56 PM
The economy Elka's are the exact same shock as the Elka's with rezzie's. You can add rezzies later too.
I think the economyElka's are better than Works top of the line shock. Just my opinion.

Tommy 17
04-05-2002, 03:11 PM
jeff how much would it be to add them later...

cdalejef
04-05-2002, 03:50 PM
:o You have PM!!!:o

400exBro
04-05-2002, 07:26 PM
If you pound your machine around a track or trail i would save up a lot of money and buy some top of the Elkas or peps.
I choice works triple rate w/rezzies and threaded preload becaue i am not pro, i am more a weekend warrior and race at b or c class and don't need the top of the line. all i need was something way better than stock ,which the works are, talking to rico and 400exracer they said they hold up awsome, especailly rico who cased it on a 75 foot triple and they held up well, so way wouldn't they hold up for me.
I am just saying that if you just like to paly around and enjoy riding a 400 and maybe a little mx racing, i would save the money and get a good pair of works and get a good pair of +2 a arms, axle and other goodies for what ever type of riding you do.
I am just saying this because this how i decided and it is just an opion, it is yours that matter in which shock you chose.
0.2 cent
Bro
Good luck it is a tuff one, research hard and you will find the ones that suit you best.