PDA

View Full Version : hotcams stage 1?

Martin Blair
08-14-2004, 12:14 AM
I read on another site that the stage 1 hotcams shifts power to low in the rpm range and kills top end. I like alot of bottom for the woods and i ride the bike lugging it arround using more torque then hp, but does the stage 1 hurt top end hp at all? I have heard stage 2 adds power everywhere is this a good all arround cam sort of like the hrc in the 400ex?

Braff1
08-14-2004, 09:29 AM
To summarize the stage 1 is more of a xc cam with more bottom=mid range without much effect on top.
Stage 2 is more of a mx style cam where you are running high rpm's with most of the power in the mid to top end.

So dependign on what kind of riding you do you can select the cam to match your style.

Martin Blair
08-14-2004, 11:15 PM
I know that is what it is like for the 400 but i have heard that the stage 2 is a good choice for the 450r even for xc it is a more all arround cam and the stage 1 kill top end hp and focuses to much on just lowend.

lukester720
08-15-2004, 01:26 PM
I would get the stage 2 if I were you, especially if your coming off a 400ex. The stage 1 makes a ton of lowend power but makes it raptorlike in the way that it is very hard to keep the frontend down plus the power falls off quite a bit before you hit the rev limiter.