PDA

View Full Version : Holeshot H-D tires

440exnacsracer
08-13-2004, 09:41 PM
anyone know how these tires perform? they are expensive, but i like the looks of them and they rated well in DW, so i think im gonna buy some tomorrow. any advice is appreciated.
Ben

Silverfox@C&DRacing
08-14-2004, 03:42 PM
Colby has been using them for xc racing and in the Maxxis 6 hrs, he tells me they are an awesome tire especially in the mud said you can wheelie through it.

440exnacsracer
08-14-2004, 04:23 PM
do they have good tread life? i like running klaws and they are way cheaper, and all holeshots ive ever run have worn really fast, but these are nice. do they grip better than razr 2s? klaws? thanks
Ben

modracer5
08-14-2004, 04:30 PM
If you get a set you will not be disappointed. I have been running a set since they were released at the Loretta's GNCC and love them. I like them better than razor's and took off a set of klaws to install these. I did cut one down in Kentucky running it through the creek. The only place I have found them other than the races is through C&D. The price was right too.

440exnacsracer
08-14-2004, 10:28 PM
they do grip better than the klaws though? do you run xcr fronts for the 21" tire size? i def. dont want to run the 22" fronts. also, where in macon are you located? im about an hour away 2 miles away from the atlanta motor speedway. thanks
Ben

modracer5
08-15-2004, 03:42 PM
My personal opinion is that they grip better than any tire I have run to date including Klaws. I am running the xcr's in 22" size for ground clearance out front. I bought the xcr's for the fronts because at the time I bought the HD rears the fronts were not released yet and I wanted matching brands. As far as wear goes I have 6 GNCC races on them so far and have atleast 75- 80 percent tread left. I live in northwest Macon near lake Tobeosofke.