PDA

View Full Version : Buildin Tips, Hints for motor work

flyingbyfast400
08-13-2004, 05:23 PM
Hey Guys... Im getting ready to start buying my parts to build my motor on my 400... I Thought I would start a thread seeing whats been the best bang for the buck.... Im looking to go to a 440 and do the cam, cdi box, rod, and 440 kit, clutch ... for now and then this winter Im going to do the carb and the rest of the odds and ends... I already have a LRD pipe, k and n filter so all the lil stuff is done for the most of it... Ive looked into buying built motors from onther people but havnt found one i wanted... But Im still looking so if you have one for sale let me know.. When I build mine I would like to have it were I dont have to run race fule.... But if I have to I will.... so any tips on buliding my 440, and parts to use.... thanks
VIc :devil:

REAPER
08-14-2004, 08:35 PM
I think I have done most of the work you are looking to do and I really like mine. Read my sig and you will maybe get some ideas. Goodluck and Get ready to blow a few thousand:macho

Reaper

Gordons Well
08-14-2004, 08:41 PM
REAPER, notice you have a stage 1 with your big bore. Is that working ok for you?
Thanks.

REAPER
08-14-2004, 08:46 PM
It's O.k, I dont do alot of MX so I really dont have to worry about it. I have my bike geared down pretty low. I run a 14front sprocket as well as a 39rear so trail riding is crazy fun. I think I could lug any gear and floor it and it just pulls hard. I would like to try a stage 2 just to see the difference. I plan on getting one soon just to have. Do you have any suggestions? Reaper

Gordons Well
08-14-2004, 10:00 PM
No advice as I am pretty new to this. I have been riding at a local track and feel the pull of my stage 1 but do not get out of third gear much. I also have a 426 piston. Really got the set up for the dunes but have not been able to try it yet out there. Our real season here in So Cal does not start until October. Too hot in the desert this time of year.
Sounds like you have a trick quad.