PDA

View Full Version : Dealership woes #@%&

440ex2001
08-13-2004, 05:01 PM
I am still having trouble with this stupid arse dealer. I didnt know before hand that I should avoid dealers but I know why I should now. I posted a few weeks back about how I ordered a 44o kit off ebay and I took it to a honda dealer to get my jug bored and the sleeve installed. They had it about a week and called me and said that the sleeve I had was an 87mm and was way to small. I tried to contact the guy I bought the kit from but he said he would not refund me. Anywho, the dealer said "do you want us to order a sleeve to fit that piston so we will know for sure that you get the right size" I said sure. The 440 piston in 89mm. I waited about 2 weeks and didnt hear from them i finally called ,they said that my piston was to big for the sleeve and that I needed to order a new piston because they couldnt bore the sleeve out enough and still have enough "meat" left. I reminded them that It was a 440 kit and that wouldnt make much sence. They told me that the 88mm was the biggest sleeve available blah blah blah so I went down there. I talked to the manager and he got things figured out and told the parts manager to look up a 89mm sleeve and order it and send the other back. I watched the guy look it up and everything to make sure I knew what I was getting this time. Well another 3 weeks go by and I hear nothing. I called them today and they said " yeah the deal with that is they dont make anything bigger than a 88mm and we need to bore the one you have out or get another piston". By now I am getting annoyed I told him I knew for a fact that wiseco made an 89mm sleeve for that kit. He said they didnt and even if they did they would still have to bore it out to fit the piston. Then I reminded him that he told me before that they couldnt bore out the sleeve because it would not have enough meat left and he said oh yeah Our machinist was looking at th wrong end. !!!!! I then told him that i was coming to get my stuff and I would need a refund on the sleeve he said he couldnt do that becasue then he would be stuck with the sleeve. I told him that he was the one that ordered it and and i quoted what he said "do you want us to order the sleeve for you so you know its right?" He then said that they would just bore it out and get it taken care of. I'm afraid that these guys will screw it up but if I go get my stuff I cant get a refund i will just have 2 sleeves I dont need and still have to order the correct sleeve myself and get some one else to do it. I guess Im screwed. You guys have any sugesstions?

deathman53
08-13-2004, 05:33 PM
thats what you get with a dealer, are you gonna get a cam? my advice get your stuff back from honda and go to a local shop and have the sleave installed by someone who knows what they are doing. While you are there get the head ported by a reputable shop, for the $200 or so for a basic port job, you will notice a HUGE difference.

440ex2001
08-13-2004, 11:54 PM
i already have a cam and had the head ported and polished this stupid dealer is holding me up. if i go get my stuff and take it to another shop i'll be stuck with another sleeve that i cant use :(