PDA

View Full Version : Images in signatures?(Moderators/Admins)

Big400EX
08-13-2004, 04:01 PM
I was just wondering if maybe we could put images in our signatures that aren't any bigger than let's say 500x100?

Example...

http://img38.exs.cx/img38/1302/1134.gif

It looks pretty sharp, i've seen it on other message boards before.

Thankyou

I-7
08-13-2004, 04:41 PM
No you cant put pictures in your sigs.

MOFO
08-13-2004, 04:49 PM
I've been to websites that allow that... it just clutters the forums and slows it WAY down for people on dial up.

chucked
08-13-2004, 06:48 PM
how the hell did u do that?

ShiftFMX
08-13-2004, 06:54 PM
We used to be able to do that, a couple years ago, and we all could post regular pictures :mad:

We cant nemore :rolleyes:

MotoX3
08-13-2004, 06:56 PM
Originally posted by chucked
how the hell did u do that? made a line with these - little things and attached a picture:macho

chucked
08-13-2004, 07:00 PM
Originally posted by MotoX3
made a line with these - little things and attached a picture:macho

OOOOO i thought it was in his sig, i dont have my 2nd set of eyes on right now

Fender Bender
08-14-2004, 12:10 AM
Originally posted by Killa250ex
We used to be able to do that, a couple years ago, and we all could post regular pictures :mad:

We cant nemore :rolleyes:

I remember... there were more people against it than for it, so they disabled the features. Long signatures get annoying, I don't mind small ones, but some just get too annoying.

Chef
08-14-2004, 12:56 AM
Originally posted by Fender Bender
I remember... there were more people against it than for it, so they disabled the features. Long signatures get annoying, I don't mind small ones, but some just get too annoying.

Yea like yours! :mad:

Fender Bender
08-14-2004, 12:59 AM
:D

Guy400
08-14-2004, 04:49 AM
Like the others have said, we had this feature a couple years ago. It cluttered the board, slowed it down for dial-up users and then you get the morons that can't follow rules and use pics that they shouldn't. We had a vote on it and the overwhelming response was to get rid them. That's why we also got rid of increasing font size. Some people couldn't help themselves and always used huge letters. Do you know we actually got PM's from a member threatening legal action because "this is America. We have a right to use different font sizes."

:confused: :huh

theTman
08-14-2004, 06:14 AM
Originally posted by Guy400
Do you know we actually got PM's from a member threatening legal action because "this is America. We have a right to use different font sizes."

:confused: :huh

wow thats funny

LMAO

JR3
08-14-2004, 08:10 AM
this is mine from another site http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid133/pd4dc9a079a319032a7a6533c97634e97/f78f2f4f.jpg but yea theres to many people here it would definately slow things down

Big400EX
08-17-2004, 05:00 PM
Well this thread sure got some response while I have been absent of the board. I've been doing some riding up at my house in Pennsylvania. I managed not to flip any quads this time.

Well, I can see how it could slow down the board for dial up users but as time goes by more and more people are getting Cable/DSL so the people who aren't on the bandwagon sure need to jump on sometime soon.

As for me right now I am on 28.8kbps connection because we dont have cable internet here, my signature showed up about 5 seconds after the page did. And can't you limit the size of the picture that get's put in?

Oh well, thanks anyway
:blah:

MOFO
08-17-2004, 05:15 PM
Originally posted by Big400EX
Well this thread sure got some response while I have been absent of the board. I've been doing some riding up at my house in Pennsylvania. I managed not to flip any quads this time.

Well, I can see how it could slow down the board for dial up users but as time goes by more and more people are getting Cable/DSL so the people who aren't on the bandwagon sure need to jump on sometime soon.

As for me right now I am on 28.8kbps connection because we dont have cable internet here, my signature showed up about 5 seconds after the page did. And can't you limit the size of the picture that get's put in?

Oh well, thanks anyway
:blah:

one signature like that isnt bad, but imagine having to load pages and pages of sigs from everyone. It would bog your dial up WAY down. Also the other point, other than speed is the fact it visually clutters the forum. Its nice to click on a thread and see just their post...not a bunch of pictures in the sigs. If this was my board, I know I'd have the sig cut down to only 4 lines or so... makes it more uniform and easier to read.

theozman82
08-17-2004, 08:35 PM
Originally posted by MOFO
I've been to websites that allow that... it just clutters the forums and slows it WAY down for people on dial up.

and the people who have 20-30 lines telling us about the quad does not clutter the and slow things way down JMO

MOFO
08-17-2004, 08:37 PM
Originally posted by theozman82
and the people who have 20-30 lines telling us about the quad does not clutter the and slow things way down JMO

if you read the last part of my last post, you will see my opinion on sigs.

here... I'll even quote myself....

"If this was my board, I know I'd have the sig cut down to only 4 lines or so... makes it more uniform and easier to read."

Big400EX
08-17-2004, 08:39 PM
Originally posted by MOFO
"If this was my board, I know I'd have the sig cut down to only 4 lines or so... makes it more uniform and easier to read."

Thankyou.:o