PDA

View Full Version : my quad cant swim

pitbull43910
08-13-2004, 03:36 PM
when racing my bike drownds out evrey time i hit the water, asfar as i can tell im diveing in right "nice and slow and i rev periodicaly"

i have a uni filter and the top of the air lid is drilled whith the plastic and foam inserts

any tips?

ryanh250ex
08-14-2004, 10:17 AM
Originally posted by pitbull43910
when racing my bike drownds out evrey time i hit the water, asfar as i can tell im diveing in right "nice and slow and i rev periodicaly"

i have a uni filter and the top of the air lid is drilled whith the plastic and foam inserts

any tips?

yeah. stop entering in jetski races ;)

seriously though, you might want to consider replacing your lid with a brand new stock lid, with no holes, etc. that is the BEST way to keep a filter clean.

do you still have a snorkel on your quad? if so, you might want to re-route it in a way that it would make it harder to collect water.

i run with no lid on my 250ex, and the only time i ever had a problem was when i got stupid and decided to go into water up until the top of my fenders....twice.

if these dont help, i dont know what will. i'm under the assumption that you race in some seriously deep water.

good luck.

-Ryan

TheFontMaster
08-14-2004, 02:33 PM
Also check the seals for the carb, and engine.