PDA

View Full Version : Trail Tech Computer Secrets....101

EXtreme-
04-04-2002, 07:28 PM
For any of you who may have doubts or are troubled by your mileage outcome and speed reliability, here are some tips to get you on the right track....

1. Set your tire air pressure to your desired number of pounds.

2. On a level surface (concete or asphalt), mark the sidewall at its lowest point with chalk, pensil, crayon (whatever) and roll the quad till the tire makes a full revolution. Be presice! Mark the ground at this point.

3. Measure, in inches, the distance between the two marks on the ground. Be sure to use a tape measure, not a ruler...this must be accurate. Round off the remainder (fraction) into 100ths (divide the denominator into the top number....62 and 5/8ths would equal 62.625" in 100ths). Example...5 devided by 8 equals .625

4. Convert your measurement into millimeters to enter into the Trail Tech by using a conversion chart like this one (http://www.worldwidemetric.com/metcal.htm) .

5. Enter millimeters as instructed in your directions and ride!

This method is drop dead accurate! I used a 2 mile length of highway with starting and stopping points which were figured out by testing two separate cars. Then, the same distance was ran with the quad. Results were to the nearest Foot! The Trail Tech does exactly what it says it does.

Woodsrider
04-04-2002, 07:41 PM
You have no idea how long have been looking for that converter. I lost it over a year ago when my 'puter crashed. Thanks man:D

Warrioreater400ex
04-04-2002, 10:13 PM
where do you get trail techs at? wal-mart bike section? just curious, how hard is it to hook up? what does it involve? i heard you gotta like strap/glue something to the brake caliper?

Nausty
04-04-2002, 10:15 PM
You can get it from leo in the store;)

EXtreme-
04-05-2002, 06:43 AM
It's easy. All you need is a 1/8" drill bit, phillips head screwdriver and 10mm wrench. There is a magnetic bolt that replaces a stock bolt in the rotor for the sensor. The sensor and cable routes along a brakeline and sneaks by the caliper...drilled and attached to the spindle. The Billet housing isn't needed, but is sweeeeet! Otherwise, you mount it on the bars or plastic of your choice.