PDA

View Full Version : poweder coating suggestions please!!!!

QuadJunkies
08-13-2004, 12:42 AM
Well, we got the fullbore ordered now its time for the powdercoating!!!!:blah: Im not too bright on the names of PC but it seems to me like the guy doing it uses a product called Primo?(may also be becuase its the name of his shop) We are going with fullbore Orange:cool: and would like a SWEET blue.Pappy, if you see this, I know Ive seen some of the blues you have done and REALLY like whatever color it was thats on Harlens ride!!!:macho
If anyone here has seen Fullbores Orange for the Predator, its somewhat Orange/rust in the sunlight looks like a hint of gold in the plastic....Whats trans. bule look like???..Any suggestions???We just had the gusseting done and its ready Also, I need some more suggestions on what to PC the AArms and Swing Arm..Im at a loss on this one.........:confused:

Meek
08-13-2004, 03:27 AM
Harlens ride is silver vein with translucent blue top coat

Pappy
08-13-2004, 06:59 AM
Originally posted by Meek
Harlens ride is silver vein with translucent blue top coat

and his other one is just translucent blue...and his other one is redvein and his R will be trans red:devil:

QuadJunkies
08-13-2004, 10:33 AM
Originally posted by Pappy
and his other one is just translucent blue...and his other one is redvein and his R will be trans red:devil: Pappy,would you mind posting a few pics of some nice blues for me???? Im taking everything over today to get done :)

The blue was on Harlens Z:cool: .......Should I just PC the swing and AArms the same color ??? This guys colors are more basic, he has some Vein colors but I wont know until I get there,but I remember he doesnt have tons to chose from,and he will charge me an Arm and leg for anything too fancy.....:(

2000ex
08-13-2004, 10:37 AM
Shimmering candy blue frame with the orange plastics :p

QuadJunkies
08-13-2004, 10:44 AM
Originally posted by 2000ex
Shimmering candy blue frame with the orange plastics :p Candy blue???? Sounds YUMMY.....:blah: Do you have a pic of that color???

JDiablo
08-13-2004, 10:48 AM
pink:macho lol j/k i think trans blue on that zesty orange would look pretty narly

Pappy
08-13-2004, 10:50 AM
QJ i dont have any pics on my work computer or id gladly post them.

here is a link to alot of blues
http://www.exriders.com/vbb/search.php?s=&action=showresults&searchid=660995&sortby=lastpost&sortorder=descending

i would suggest silvervein for the a arms and swing arm and the frame blue. just make sure he uses a silvervein thats UV resistant or adds clear or it will fade.

QuadJunkies
08-13-2004, 11:12 AM
QJ i dont have any pics on my work computer or id gladly post them.

here is a link to alot of blues
http://www.exriders.com/vbb/search.php?s=&action=showresults&searchid=660995&sortby=lastpost&sortorder=descending

i would suggest silvervein for the a arms and swing arm and the frame blue. just make sure he uses a silvervein thats UV resistant or adds clear or it will fade. Thank you for the suggestion.;) Silvervein was all I could think of besides the blue....Ill check it out....

QuadJunkies
08-13-2004, 11:16 AM
ahhhhhh....haaaaaaaa.... THATS the blue I was looking for.....:devil:

Pappy
08-13-2004, 11:26 AM
yup thats bluevein i believe on his latest Z. the darker basecoat gives the translucent blue a much darker look. I like it alot.

i should be doing a few newer colors this weekend, Jeff's a arms should be the new gun metal color:D

QuadJunkies
08-13-2004, 11:29 AM
I was also thinking..........What about a Charcoal color for the swing and AArms??? Ill be adding chrome tank piece from Fullbore.....:blah:

Pappy
08-13-2004, 11:40 AM
yeah charcoal metailic is pretty sweet with clear. i really like grey/dark silver colors as they blend so well with just about anything. if i like this new gun metal i will be doing my persoanl frame in it.

CHAUNCY
08-13-2004, 12:42 PM
It will look great when its done! Here is a candy blue frame with orange fullbore and some orange misc. pc work. His swingarm is polished and the upper arms are chrome. I really like when the lower arms match the frame and the uppers are chrome:eek2:

http://www.jmsandtoys.com/gallery/albums/2002YamahaRaptor686Rebuild/spooty.jpg

http://www.jmsandtoys.com/gallery/albums/2002YamahaRaptor686Rebuild/sidespoot.jpg

http://www.jmsandtoys.com/gallery/albums/2002YamahaRaptor686Rebuild/sidesand.jpg

QuadJunkies
08-13-2004, 12:50 PM
OHHHHHH.....me likey....!!!.........:eek2: :blah:

XCAdam89
08-13-2004, 12:57 PM
Looks awesome :eek2:

Ralph
08-13-2004, 02:05 PM
charcoal metalic is sweet

Ralph
08-13-2004, 02:06 PM
:D

Ralph
08-13-2004, 02:08 PM
better pic of it on a bike(swinger)

QuadJunkies
08-13-2004, 08:13 PM
Well Im bummin now..:( the guy raised the price ALOT to do this color..... 500.00 for PC is out of my price range!!!!:eek: Now Im back to square one fi ding someone to do it :( Nationals are in one month.Times wasting!!!! Im not sure if thats the typical price for PC work but I know I NEVER paid anywhere close to that for my Daughters.......:confused:

Pappy
08-16-2004, 06:41 AM
all you have to do is cover shipping;)

QuadJunkies
08-16-2004, 10:21 AM
all you have to do is cover shipping;) Are you serious Pappy?????!:eek: I would sure feel better having you do it.........;) How fast you think between shipping up and back and the work done it would take??? Im justworried about Nationals him not having it back in time to break in the new motor and all.....If you think we have enough time.....ILL SEND IT OVER......:devil:

Pappy
08-16-2004, 10:30 AM
time is the only thing im short of...and i cant order more:(

08-16-2004, 10:38 AM
time is the only thing im short of...and i cant order more:(

No you can go on Ebay and buy time now pretty cheap!!!! so your all good!! Man i wish that was a true statement!!!!

QuadJunkies
08-16-2004, 10:48 AM
Originally posted by GNCCer
No you can go on Ebay and buy time now pretty cheap!!!! so your all good!! Man i wish that was a true statement!!!! I second that! I may have to just go with a color we dont really want so it can be set up in time for race..........:(

QuadJunkies
08-16-2004, 01:50 PM
Ok...Anyone know what Raspberry Blue looks like???? I found someone who has this color in stock..Anyone have a pic of the color??? Im meeting up with this guy tomorrow.....:)

BlueZ440
08-18-2004, 09:35 PM
hey Tina..the guy that did crackers PC only charged him 250, all cracker had to do was sandblast. Maybe we can talk to him on Friday..Cracker is coming, so you can look at his PC and see if you like his job.

QuadJunkies
08-19-2004, 12:05 AM
Originally posted by BlueZ440
hey Tina..the guy that did crackers PC only charged him 250, all cracker had to do was sandblast. Maybe we can talk to him on Friday..Cracker is coming, so you can look at his PC and see if you like his job. We found a Guy,very nice guy too!!! Thats what hes charging us WITH blasting it.... The color is a Ocean blue type of color, when it replects it looks kinda purple and blue depending how the sun/shade hits it :) I didint see the color Troy chose,but he said it was nice!!:blah: He still likes Trans. blue better,but when matched up to his seat cover, its not even close color:(

QuadJunkies
08-19-2004, 12:07 AM
I forgot to mention, if the powder shows up this week it will be ready to pick up on Mon.:macho