PDA

View Full Version : Borring question

TheFontMaster
08-12-2004, 08:46 PM
Like when someone says an engine is bored say .60 or .80 over, how many cc's does the engine actualy gain in displacment?

xNOILABOYx
08-12-2004, 10:09 PM
theres some goofy as formula that happen to not kno

JOEX
08-12-2004, 10:30 PM
Originally posted by TheFontMaster
Like when someone says an engine is bored say .60 or .80 over, how many cc's does the engine actualy gain in displacment?
When they say 60 or 80 over it is actually .060 or .080 over;) The actual gain in displacement depends on what motor your talking about.

Here's one calculator...... http://www.rosspistons.com/calculator.php

frosti108
08-13-2004, 01:43 AM
no matter what any calculater says, boring a small engine never gets you too much more displacement, since well there isnt much too begin with. boring on a quad or dirtbike is usually just to get scratches out, and have a new smooth surface...

now on a car engine like say a camaro, they dont have removable jugs, plus they have 8 cylinders and lots of displacement to add, so they bore them for more displacement (as well as to get out scratches and start on a new surface)
but like on my 300ex, it might go from 282cc to like 285cc while a 350ci chevy engine can go from like 350 to 396 with a nice bore.
we have the advantage of a removable jug... so if we want more displacement, we can go out and buy a huge cylinder to strap on, instead of boring the crap out of the stock one, making it skinnier and skinnier...

wow i confuse myself sometimes... lol