PDA

View Full Version : Kasea 90 needs more power

Chillinthemost
08-12-2004, 08:40 PM
Hear is the prob. My 6yrs. old daughter's Suzuki 80 is faster than my 9yrs. olds Kasea 90. Obviously this doesnt cut it for my oldest. Thinking about a pipe, will this make a big enough difference? I've read that the stock carb is barely tunable but I hate to spend the money on that at this time if I could get by with just the pipe and maybe clutch mods. Suggestions please.

QuadJunkies
08-13-2004, 12:53 AM
Originally posted by Chillinthemost
Hear is the prob. My 6yrs. old daughter's Suzuki 80 is faster than my 9yrs. olds Kasea 90. Obviously this doesnt cut it for my oldest. Thinking about a pipe, will this make a big enough difference? I've read that the stock carb is barely tunable but I hate to spend the money on that at this time if I could get by with just the pipe and maybe clutch mods. Suggestions please. I done a thread on what all we done to my Daughers 90 this year.......Heres some info that might help you. http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=102891&highlight=Kasea+makeover;) Threw trial and Error, its finally done ans runs like a raped ape!!......:macho What ste you from??/ I can PM you some info on who does some good work...;)

Chillinthemost
08-13-2004, 03:51 PM
Thanks, I'm in Fl.

Chillinthemost
12-20-2004, 06:26 PM
Ready for some mods and thought I'd bump this back up to try to get some more replys, thanks.

Samson
12-21-2004, 07:14 AM
Hear is the prob. My 6yrs. old daughter's Suzuki 80 is faster than my 9yrs. olds Kasea 90. Obviously this doesnt cut it for my oldest. Thinking about a pipe, will this make a big enough difference? I've read that the stock carb is barely tunable but I hate to spend the money on that at this time if I could get by with just the pipe and maybe clutch mods. Suggestions please.

You should be OK with the stock carb if you keep the airbox. My understanding is by directly mounting a K&N or Uni, you will likely need a main jet that's larger than the seat. So you would need to drill it out. If you don't ride in mud/water, then you migh consider just adding an air vent or two and jetting up accordingly.

Good luck!

markvette
12-21-2004, 08:35 AM
the stock carb needs a strong air signal to operate properly. when you add a free flowing filter you have to go to a very big main jet. this causes the quad to drain the fuel bowl at WOT and then fall on its face, fix for that is to drill the float seat out larger but you will still have problems. best to go to a bigger aftermarket carb when you are ready. if you need one i have a 24mm oko with manifold, uni filter and throttle cable. according to your mods but eventually you will have to go to a bigger carb to get full benifit of the other mods. i run a 108 stroker in my sons eton. i was running a 24mm carb and thought it ran awesome. them i bolted on a 28mm carb and it made a big difference. i expected to pick up power in the top end but it picked up power everywhere

QuadJunkies
12-21-2004, 10:33 AM
we havea 28 MM on my Daughters Kasea and its def. an improvment from bottom to top..... :)

Chillinthemost
12-21-2004, 08:03 PM
Markvette, email me details on the carb. Which pipe works best on the Kasea? So if I bolt on a carb, pipe, and do the recomended clutch mods it will make a huge difference?

QuadJunkies
12-21-2004, 11:51 PM
Markvette, email me details on the carb. Which pipe works best on the Kasea? So if I bolt on a carb, pipe, and do the recomended clutch mods it will make a huge difference? Yes. :) :cool:

Arctic Cat Dad
12-22-2004, 05:15 AM
It will make a huge difference.The Kasea will be a screamer! But then the little one on the lt 80 will be mad that she won't have the faster bike.:mad: I run into this problem alot. My 2 boys are at each other all the time. But the mods will really wake that little quad up. You wouldn't believe what a pipe, carb, and clutch mods will do. It's the difference between night and day! Also if you have the money,a new set of carbon fiber reeds will make it really responsive. My 6 year old could tell the difference with just a new set of reeds. I didn't even tell him I put them in and he knew something was done to his quad!

ACME ROCKET CO.
12-22-2004, 11:34 AM
What mods are done to the LT-80?

With the 50mm bore cylinder on The Kasey, and low compression being Approx. 90 lbs new....
You could get a lot of improvement with a larger bore cylinder, high compression head, and reed valve. Still have the quiet exhaust, oil injection,battery, electric start.
(A) Put the 53mm cylinder, head, reeds, 90 main jet and your done. 93cc's
After the new power is there you can tone it down by going smaller on the rear sprocket. Then you are faster then the other stock mini's and appear unchanged.
(B) Install a 48mm stroke crank with a 54mm bore cylinder/head combo. 110cc Sleeper. Leave all other components stock. 90 to 95 main jet. Tone it down by going smaller on the rear sprocket. This combo makes the front end light when needed and rocks!
(C) Any of the above and add a PVL Ignition your on fire.
(D) ANY above cylinder combo with a pipe/ clutch kit/carb kit. And you have Dynomite.
(E) Have it professionally done, and it definatley smokes the Little Tease 80.
(F) Least expensive mod's for major improvement:
Spacer Plate under cylinder,(changes port timing), reeds, high compression head. Properly done the cylinder should be decked for added compression.Change rear sprocket.
(G) Used Exhaust and clutch kit, reeds, head.

LT80
12-27-2004, 08:03 AM
Little Tease 80.....:blah: :devil: :D

A LT80 faster than Kasea, I never thought I'd see that in black and white.:D :D

Arctic Cat Dad
12-27-2004, 11:50 AM
I still feel out of the box a lt80 is the fastest!

Chillinthemost
01-05-2005, 08:02 PM
Just put the Hetrick kit on the Kasea. Pipe, clutch kit, uni clamp on, 120 main jet, needle 2nd clip from bottom. Runs awsome, now it smokes the LT80. I didnt think the pipe fit that well, I had to make a few mods, and the clutch was kinda tricky but overall I'm pleased.

Hetrick Racing
01-27-2005, 05:43 AM
Glad to hear it,any problems with anything just give us a call.

laserman70
01-27-2005, 01:15 PM
Hetrick just did my sons scrambler 90 and it flys. They are great to work with and very informative.