PDA

View Full Version : California

250xridamatt
08-12-2004, 06:29 PM
Well im flyin out to california tomorrow for a car show. I havn't flown since i was like 3, so it will be different. Im gonna be at the pebble beach concourse de' elegance. I can't wait to go on the golf course and check out the ocean, i have never seen it. I always thought of california as always warm and sunny, but my parents tell me its like 65 there.

Im flyin into san fransico, and i hear that it comes in over the ocean? i have never seen it before.

Just wondering if any of u have ever heard of the show, or seen anything about it? the gate fee is like 150 now, but i guess it is still packed. Just nervous about goin out there. I guess jay leno used to go with his cars, but now he has people just look over his cars, because he gets so many people crowded around him. Well just felt like talking..

310Rduner
08-12-2004, 06:34 PM
If you are going to be in San Fran, go check out Pier 39, some cool stuff to see down there. It is just a pier, but it's kind of cool, should be able to see alcatraz from the pier as well. There stuff right there like a ripleys musem, a wax museum.. hooters ;) .Also grab some clam chowder, and try some crab there.. good fresh stuff. I'm in san jose about an hour south of san fran in the lower bay area, and it's been about high 80-90's. It should be a lot cooler in different parts of the bay area though.

When you are at pebble in monterey, go to Bubba Gumps, they have the freaking BEST food there:cool: Just ask anyone locally there where it's at from pebble. Also, call ahead if you decide to go on a weekend or something. It gets pretty busy. It's pretty fair prices, not outrageous or anything.

Monterey Bay aquarium would also be something cool to see if you want to look at the ocean from about 20ft under it. Cool creatures to see as well there. Monterey is definately going to be MUCH cooler than the rest of the bay because it is on the coast. If it is windy you will probably want some kind of windbreaker. Probably 60-70's would be reasonable to expect.

JRDrider22
08-12-2004, 06:58 PM
i loved pier 39. i alwasy went to the arcade right around there as well. i went when i was 10. we visited alcatraz too. my dads uncle or someone who was related to him belonged there.

250xridamatt
08-12-2004, 07:21 PM
Well im not gonna be in san fran for long. But ill look into that bubba gump place. thanks for the tips

310Rduner
08-12-2004, 07:31 PM
http://www.bubbagump.com/

There is an online menu, restaurant locations directions and such. The restaurant is pretty cool as well as having awesome food.

250xridamatt
08-12-2004, 07:41 PM
Well thanks for the site. i checked it out and i realized there is one on navy pier. My bro goes to college like 5 blocks away. So maybe i will just walk there with him. The weekend is gonna be soo busy it might be hard to do anything at all.

bulkdriverlp
08-12-2004, 10:41 PM
watch out for people that have laundry on their heads.....and get some rice a roni the sanfrancisco treat.lol.

310Rduner
08-12-2004, 10:47 PM
Originally posted by bulkdriverlp
watch out for people that have laundry on their heads.....and get some rice a roni the sanfrancisco treat.lol.

Umm Sorry to say this, but there is a higher percentage of arabs in Michigan than there are in California.

0.56% of California population is arab*
1.60% of Michigans population is arab*.

It also looks like the majority of people of arabic decent* live near in southern california.

Note* Arab ancestry, not just people who immigrated here.