PDA

View Full Version : honda tie rods on yfz

chad cavagnaro
08-12-2004, 04:57 PM
has anyone had problems with yfz tie rod ends wearing out, and went with honda tie rods? if so what exactly did you end up going with? and did you have to do any modifications. i race cross country, and yes hit a tree once in a while, but not that hard [never gone over the bars. lol] and my tie rods get play in the joint and need something stronger than the cheap *** yfz's any suggestions from knowledgable racers will be appriciated!

Johnson
08-12-2004, 05:39 PM
Yes the yfz tie rods are junk I have been running tusk tie rod ends they don't cost as much as stock but they aren't much better either. Ricky stator last about three or four races until they start to go lose and they will completely pop apart didn't like that at all. I also tried 400ex tie rods and ends they would be the best but they will make your toe in go crazy. I hope that someone else has something that works better.

cjpoole1
08-12-2004, 09:41 PM
Originally posted by Johnson
I also tried 400ex tie rods and ends they would be the best but they will make your toe in go crazy.
Did you have to do any reaming to use the regular Honda ends?? I Have Ricky Stator ends now and was curious how different they were from regular Honda ends.

CatMostFeared
08-12-2004, 11:37 PM
What i run is Kaw VForce Tierod ends with some adapters from Houser and +1 250r tierods for stock width

08-13-2004, 08:57 AM
Ricky stator junk?????? they must have messed up and sent me a good set then. Mine have lasted longer than any end i ever had on my EX. EX tierod ends are not tapered like the yamaha ones are and do not fit right. Do not use them on a yamaha.

Johnson
08-14-2004, 09:25 AM
That is what i was trying to say was that honda tie rod ends won't work ricky stator tie rod ends are junk I had three ricky stator ends completey pop apart

SIXTEEN QUAD
08-15-2004, 03:42 PM
can you not just ream the knuckle to accept the larger honda rods