08-12-2004, 04:29 PM
Originally posted by Rico
Jimmy Page... :macho

100% agree

or...
Eric Clapton, or Stevie Ray Vaughan:devil:

sickmojave
08-12-2004, 05:12 PM
I agree with all thee above and also like santana and a few others.:)

TWISTED
08-12-2004, 05:19 PM
George Lynch and Dimebag

Pappy
08-12-2004, 05:19 PM
the dude off the sesame street band:bandit: and animal on drums:macho

Codeman
08-12-2004, 06:32 PM
I dont know the dudes name... but the guy off of linkin park:devil:

chucked
08-12-2004, 06:36 PM
slash or eddie van halen, SRV provided some awesome tunes too...

350x/250x
08-12-2004, 06:50 PM
Kirk Hammett Metallca

310Rduner
08-12-2004, 06:57 PM
Zack Wild from Ozzie, awesome skills. He rocked at ozzfest with ozzie and in his band Black Label Society.

Tantal
08-12-2004, 06:58 PM
Bower Power all the way.

Cole Trane
08-12-2004, 07:40 PM
The lead in Rage/Audioslave is freakin' awesome too!

nick4000
08-12-2004, 07:52 PM
kerry king-SLAYER i have his autograph!

Cole Trane
08-12-2004, 08:06 PM
Originally posted by nick4000
kerry king-SLAYER i have his autograph!

SLAYER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jellyrolls
08-12-2004, 08:09 PM
Adam D from killswitch engage

stupid driver
08-12-2004, 08:12 PM
Originally posted by 350x/250x
Kirk Hammett Metallca

what he said

redroost85
08-12-2004, 08:37 PM
I'd have to say Kirk Hammet from Metallica...that fella can lay down some mean *** riffs!:bandit:

sweet300ex
08-12-2004, 08:45 PM
its a tough desicion between Slash and Jimmy Page

phatswinn
08-12-2004, 08:50 PM
edie van halen and jimmy page, i forgot his name but that guy that plays for the allman brothers band too

TheFontMaster
08-12-2004, 08:50 PM
Originally posted by 400exrider2002
The lead in Rage/Audioslave is freakin' awesome too!

Tom Morello. He is a wicked awome guitarist.

Hammer trx450r
08-12-2004, 09:02 PM
stevie ray, eddie van

honda350r
08-12-2004, 09:05 PM
Angus Young

300exOH
08-12-2004, 10:03 PM
Originally posted by phatswinn
edie van halen and jimmy page, i forgot his name but that guy that plays for the allman brothers band too

Do you mean Steven Stills? Treetop Flyer:cool:

Jimmi Hendrix:devil:

Honda4trax250x
08-12-2004, 10:14 PM
tom morello all the way!

bulkdriverlp
08-12-2004, 10:26 PM
randy rhodes.......r.i.p.

flat_track400ex
08-12-2004, 10:36 PM
guys from slipknot
and the guys from story of the year guys were doing back flips and**** at the warped tour tuesday

Max400
08-12-2004, 10:36 PM
Jimmy Page , george lynch and Eddie Van Halen.....I just saw Van Halen last nite, Eddie was awesome but every time he tried to say something you couldn't understand him. I wonder how much of his tongue did he lose when he had his cancer surgery on his throat and tongue. He could barley even mumble, he didn't smoke one cigerette alnite. He used to chain smoke on stage, if he didn't have one in his mouth then it was on the end of his guitar.

TheFontMaster
08-12-2004, 11:13 PM
Another one I just thought of is Chad from CKY, (I don't know his last name)

440ex2001
08-12-2004, 11:28 PM
Jimmy page is my favorite. He was the most creative guitarist I hav ever seen. Buckethead is 2nd in my book, then satriani and clapton.

bradley300
08-13-2004, 01:06 AM
id say kirk hammet and tom morello are my two fav.'s but you have to give credit to angus young tho, that man can do a back flip, cartwheel and roll around on th floor and not miss a note

DEAL
08-13-2004, 01:28 AM
Kirk Hammet , because of him I started playing the guitar. Jimmy page is up there as well. Jimi hendrix is amazing, much better than kirk but I'm a huge Metallica fan, I also play upside down like Hendrix. Yngwie malmsteen is pretty crazy as well but hes not very well known.

Jellyrolls
08-13-2004, 05:50 AM
metallica.......
LMFAO

XANDADA
08-13-2004, 06:49 AM
Adam Franklin

Mxjunkie
08-13-2004, 08:50 AM
Jimi Hendrix :macho

bama400ex
08-13-2004, 10:53 AM
angus young

00Banshee
08-13-2004, 01:27 PM
Ace Frehley :cool:

JTRtrx250r
08-13-2004, 06:28 PM
Micheal Romeo
John Petrucci

Lynch
Satriani
EVH

Adrian Smith
Dave Murry
Dimebag
Al De'Meola

AtvMxRider
08-13-2004, 06:30 PM
Originally posted by Jellyrolls
metallica.......
LMFAO :huh What is so funny?

redrunner
08-13-2004, 07:32 PM
[i] i forgot his name but that guy that plays for the allman brothers band too [/B]

Dickie Betts that is^^^

Mine Stevie Ray Vaughn for sure;
Kinda liking Dave Navarro as of late too.

Jellyrolls
08-13-2004, 10:27 PM
Originally posted by AtvMxRider
:huh What is so funny?

becuase the new metallica sucks and the need to go away now

Motoman440
08-14-2004, 06:10 AM
Originally posted by JTRtrx250r
Micheal Romeo
John Petrucci

Lynch
Satriani
EVH

Adrian Smith
Dave Murry
Dimebag
Al De'Meola

Al De'Meola is an awesome guitarist!!! You are the first post I saw with his name. Are you into the fusion rock??? I played drums for 15+ years and used to play alot of fusion rock / jazz type music. Very technical stuff but fun to play!!!! Ever listen to Bill Bruford's solo albums???

JTRtrx250r
08-14-2004, 01:01 PM
Originally posted by Motoman440
Al De'Meola is an awesome guitarist!!! You are the first post I saw with his name. Are you into the fusion rock??? I played drums for 15+ years and used to play alot of fusion rock / jazz type music. Very technical stuff but fun to play!!!! Ever listen to Bill Bruford's solo albums??? I ve been playing drums for almost 17 yrs and am into just about everything (mostly b/c of drumming haha) dont dig much country and dont dig rap , other than that..I like a bunch lol, the technical stuff is what I like also, I like to mix jazz,fusion and metal...come up w/ some pretty wild stuff,

I havent been playing as much the last couple yrs but gotta jump on the kit a few times a week:cool: :D

Most "musician's music" seems to go over most ppls heads...or it just doesn't bite em':devil: :macho Glad ya noticed...been feeling alone everytime someone post's a "tunes topic":D ;)

DEAL
08-14-2004, 02:16 PM
becuase the new metallica sucks and the need to go away now

Anyone who will sit and says Metallica sucks has no musical knowledge at all.
They are the most talented metal band of all time.

Goat397
08-14-2004, 02:23 PM
Adam Jones of TOOL

Jellyrolls
08-14-2004, 02:30 PM
Originally posted by DEAL
Anyone who will sit and says Metallica sucks has no musical knowledge at all.
They are the most talented metal band of all time.
DID I ****ing say that metallica has always sucked??
no i said the new metallica sucks and it does big time..
st anger is one of the worst cd's that i have ever listened to...look at the post before you speak....
and i agree the old tallica is ONE of the most talented metal bands of all...
i wouldnt say they are the MOST talented

sly400ex
08-14-2004, 02:40 PM
st anger is one of the worst cd's that i have ever listened to...look at the post before you speak....

100% True! New Metallica is hard on the ears:macho

Satriani is da' man!!!!

:cool:

Jellyrolls
08-14-2004, 02:54 PM
Loomis-Nevermore
Alexi-Children of Bodom
Page-Led Zeppelin
Adam D-KSE
Adam jones-tool
angus young-ACDC

Texasrider
08-14-2004, 03:04 PM
DAVE MUSTAIN- MEGADETH!!!!!:devil: :devil: :devil:

Tuff4stroke
08-14-2004, 05:52 PM
ANGUS! AC/DC:cool:

blazinslow
08-14-2004, 05:59 PM
slash,Kirk hammett, santana,angus

devildriver422
08-14-2004, 06:55 PM
mick thompson or alexander kuoppala :devil: :devil: :devil:

Tom TRX250R
08-14-2004, 07:06 PM
Dimebag Darrell with Damage Plan kicked A%# at Rockfest. He did like 20 minute solo that ripped the place down. My vote is for him:devil:

TWISTED
08-14-2004, 08:55 PM
I cannot believe that I forgot Tom Scholz from Boston. He is F##king amazing!!!!

DEAL
08-15-2004, 09:35 AM

Name another METAL band that has as complicated songs as Metallica?

Their new stuff is awesome if you understand why its so different than their other music.
when they recorded the St anger cd metallica did one take for every song , no re-recording, no editing, one take wether it sounded good or not, thats what makes it so great.
The only real difference between the old and new stuff is they cut out kirk's solos on the new cds because before st anger almost every cd focused on kirk's guitar playing and less on the other members of the band.

SGA
08-15-2004, 12:53 PM
I agree with all of you. You cant really say whos best, they are all so dam good.

As far as favorite, thats a opinion, so everyones gonna have a different view.

I really dont have a favorite. If their guitar playing makes me feel good, thats who I listen to.

Jellyrolls
08-15-2004, 01:52 PM
Name another METAL band that has as complicated songs as Metallica?

Their new stuff is awesome if you understand why its so different than their other music.
when they recorded the St anger cd metallica did one take for every song , no re-recording, no editing, one take wether it sounded good or not, thats what makes it so great.
The only real difference between the old and new stuff is they cut out kirk's solos on the new cds because before st anger almost every cd focused on kirk's guitar playing and less on the other members of the band.

hmm lets see....
have you ever heard of Nevermore??? they have way more complicated stuff...children of bodom.......im sure you havent because from what you have shown me you know nothing about metal...and just because the didnt do any editing makes them good?? sounds to me like they couldnt give a **** about their fans if they do that.....
st anger is freaking terrible omg...

Jellyrolls
08-15-2004, 01:53 PM
and btw.....we can tell that there wasnt any editing or that kind of stuff...
because it SUCKS!

devildriver422
08-15-2004, 05:58 PM
i kno that children of bodom has one of the best guitarists thats y i said alexander kuoppala

blondie69
08-15-2004, 06:04 PM
Originally posted by devildriver422
i kno that children of bodom has one of the best guitarists thats y i said alexander kuoppala

I forgot about them, they're sweet!
I know I love Metallica & all, but I wasn't impressed with St. Anger. I had bought it awhile back, but I didn't love it, I didn't hate it. It was alright. But Kirk's guitar skills are the whole reason why I love Metallica, listenin to the solo's in some of the songs just made u just go all out. Other then that, the album was fine.

born-2-race
08-15-2004, 08:37 PM
There's so many, here are some of my favourites:

Angus Young
Slash
Kirk Hammet
Zakk Wylde
Dave Baksh

so many more...

DEAL
08-15-2004, 08:43 PM
hmm lets see....
have you ever heard of Nevermore??? they have way more complicated stuff...children of bodom.......im sure you havent because from what you have shown me you know nothing about metal...and just because the didnt do any editing makes them good?? sounds to me like they couldnt give a **** about their fans if they do that.....
st anger is freaking terrible omg...

they did it because they wanted the music to be raw and uncut , they were tired of being told what to do by producers when they made their previous cds , St Anger is MUCH better than reload.
If you can't appreciate St Anger you clearly know nothing about metal or have any musical knowledge. Do you even play an instrument?

Toadz400
08-15-2004, 08:59 PM
I don't know what people will think of this one, but Kurt Cobain has to be my favorite. He wasn't the greatest with the guitar, many other people out there can play MUCH better things than him, but what he created and the way he sang while playing made it all fit together perfectly. Nirvana has to be one of, if not the greatest, bands out there and it was basically all because of Kurt.

I remember hearing a rumor that Nirvana was going to start up again with a new lead singer (obviously), I obviously knew that couldn't be true because it just wouldn't make any sense, but it pissed me off that anyone would even think about doing that.

DEAL
08-15-2004, 09:56 PM
Originally posted by Toadz400
I don't know what people will think of this one, but Kurt Cobain has to be my favorite. He wasn't the greatest with the guitar, many other people out there can play MUCH better things than him, but what he created and the way he sang while playing made it all fit together perfectly. Nirvana has to be one of, if not the greatest, bands out there and it was basically all because of Kurt.

I remember hearing a rumor that Nirvana was going to start up again with a new lead singer (obviously), I obviously knew that couldn't be true because it just wouldn't make any sense, but it pissed me off that anyone would even think about doing that.

Your totally right, Kurt was the man. His songs weren't extremely complicated but the lyrics he wrote were amazing and very deep.

thursday
08-15-2004, 10:52 PM
dan jacobs- ATREYU

CEET400ex
08-15-2004, 11:40 PM
Originally posted by thursday
dan jacobs- ATREYU

this man knows good metal :devil:

TC426EX
08-16-2004, 06:42 AM
Kerry King and Jeff Hanneman of SLAYER!!!!!!!! And for the record, metallica DOES suck and they suck bad!!!! Lars is the WORST drummer to ever play in a "metal" band....

thursday
08-16-2004, 09:54 AM
Originally posted by CEET400ex

you better beleive it, lol, hes been my fav. since like 1999 and another amazing guitar player is Paul Waggoner- Between the buried and me

quad
08-16-2004, 11:16 AM
Alot of these people you are naming,are really awesome.But I' just have to say the most talented is Steve Vai.I'm sure the "youngins" wont recognize the name,but anyone with musical knowledge,should know he's untouchable.D/L a lil of his music,u will see.Dont get me wrong,i like slayer,OLD metallica,disturbed,pantera,godsmack n all! But I've never heard anyone rip like Steve! Just my .02,though

zephead400ex
08-16-2004, 11:33 AM
Well, you all know how much of a Zep head I am so my standard answer would be Jimmy Page. Page is good and can do some pretty amazing stuff with the guitar. Have you ever heard him play with a violin bow?...AWESOME!!!!

Stevie Ray Vaughn - can flat play!
Jimi Hendrix - crazy good!
B.B. King - absolutely the king!

DEAL
08-16-2004, 11:35 AM
Originally posted by zephead400ex
Well, you all know how much of a Zep head I am so my standard answer would be Jimmy Page. Page is good and can do some pretty amazing stuff with the guitar. Have you ever heard him play with a violin bow?...AWESOME!!!!

Stevie Ray Vaughn can - flat play!

I forgot about Stevie Ray Vaughn .. hes amazing.

TWISTED
08-16-2004, 03:30 PM
Trey Azagthoth from Morbid Angel is also wicked!! As the days go on I remember someone who I feel belongs on this list. As far as drummers go Pete COMMANDO Sandoval,Derek Roddy,Paul Bostaph,and Dave Lombardo get it done the best in my opinion.As long as it makes your blood pump and gives you goose bumps that's all that matters!!!

Jellyrolls
08-16-2004, 03:30 PM
they did it because they wanted the music to be raw and uncut , they were tired of being told what to do by producers when they made their previous cds , St Anger is MUCH better than reload.
If you can't appreciate St Anger you clearly know nothing about metal or have any musical knowledge. Do you even play an instrument?
LOL i didn't know that you had to play an instrument to respect and know about music.....and btw i play the guitar.....
rofl "If you can't appreciate St Anger you clearly know nothing about metal or have any musical knowledge."<--thats hilarious..
and if you mean by St anger is MUCH better than reload (which also wasnt that great) that it is of of the suckiest cd's ever made...then yea its MUCH better

Jellyrolls
08-16-2004, 03:31 PM
Originally posted by zephead400ex

Stevie Ray Vaughn - can flat play!

now this guy knows his stuff...i'm at memphis all the time zephead...and BB king is def the king :macho

zephead400ex
08-16-2004, 03:39 PM
now this guy knows his stuff...i'm at memphis all the time zephead...and BB king is def the king :macho

Hell yes! Bow to the King:D

08-16-2004, 03:40 PM
Kurt Ballou of Converge is insane.

another amazing guitar player is Paul Waggoner- Between the buried and me

He isn't that great...

thursday
08-16-2004, 04:23 PM
Originally posted by Spoon
Kurt Ballou of Converge is insane.

He isn't that great...

how can u say that, lol, everyone d/l Between the Buried and me- Mordecai, listen to the guitar at the end and how fast he plays the beggining, u ever see them live? he steals the show hes so damn good, even if u dont like Hardcore just skip the song to the end

Jellyrolls
08-16-2004, 04:29 PM
how could i forget..
peter frampton

08-16-2004, 04:34 PM
tie between
Kirk Hammet(metallica)
and
Angus Young(AC/DC)

devildriver422
08-16-2004, 04:40 PM
dan jacobs- ATREYU

awesome awesome band dont get me wrong theyre my 2nd fav band.....but the guitar skills there arent the best id say but hes rly rly good jsut not up with like kirk hammet n randy rhoads

Jellyrolls
08-16-2004, 05:42 PM
Atreyu is an AMAZING band...the curse album is awesome...
the rememberance ballad is my favorite song

mikey726
08-16-2004, 05:51 PM
Marcus Sunesson- The Crown

08-16-2004, 06:27 PM
how can u say that, u ever see them live? he steals the show hes so damn good,

I can say that because I've been quite a big fan of the band for some time. I've seen them three times so far. They are great, but they aren't that amazing. I might see them a fourth time with Converge coming up as well.

Atreyu is an AMAZING band...the curse album is awesome...

Atreyu really isn't too fantastic if you've been exposed to similar bands. And are you kidding about The Curse album? That album is insanely horrible. The first album was ten times better.. definitely.. and I'm not even much of a fan at all.

Testrider
08-16-2004, 06:55 PM
I can say that because I've been quite a big fan of the band for some time. I've seen them three times so far. They are great, but they aren't that amazing. I might see them a fourth time with Converge coming up as well.

Atreyu really isn't too fantastic if you've been exposed to similar bands. And are you kidding about The Curse album? That album is insanely horrible. The first album was ten times better.. definitely.. and I'm not even much of a fan at all.

Why do you think they are not good?

08-16-2004, 07:02 PM
Originally posted by Testrider
Why do you think they are not good?

They have good guitarists. Yes. Not nearly the best, though. I'm basing my facts on that I'm completely into that type of music. Music is involved with whatever I'm doing. Atreyu is completely generic. Between The Buried And Me is one of my favorite bands, however, I don't agree with the guitarist statements.

thursday
08-16-2004, 07:15 PM
spoon you've seen BTBAM live dont even tell me that the guitarist wasnt amazing, im not saying there the best i said that there good, and your right The Curse was not as good as Suicide notes and butterfly kisses(which there first album was "visions"), but then again i saw Atreyu live there another one of those amazing live bands, I hate new mettalica thats why i didnt say Kirk Hammit(sp)

DEAL
08-16-2004, 09:45 PM
I see alot of people who have no musical knowledge trying to throw band names in here that have very little talent, I mean your favorite guitarist is your own preference but if you go around saying someone is the best without knowing anything about music or how to use a guitar chances are your choice is going to be wrong.
I was the same way until I started to play the guitar and it gave me a whole different outlook on guitarists such as Jimmy Page , Jimi Hendrix, Kirk Hammet and so on.
90% of these bands that are around now-a-dayz will be gone in a year or two anyways because to tell you the truth very few of them have any real talent.
In my opinion the Metal and rock scene has gone to **** in the last 10 years besides those bands from the 60s-70s and 80s still making new music.

Testrider
08-16-2004, 10:38 PM
They have good guitarists. Yes. Not nearly the best, though. I'm basing my facts on that I'm completely into that type of music. Music is involved with whatever I'm doing. Atreyu is completely generic. Between The Buried And Me is one of my favorite bands, however, I don't agree with the guitarist statements.
Fair enough Spoon, your opinion is respected.:bandit:

DEAL
08-17-2004, 10:51 AM
I listened to all of those bands you suggested jellyrolls ..
NONE of them impressed me to say the least, ontop of having meticore guitar skills I don't think I made out one word in the entire song.
Thats not Metal .. thats absolute GARBAGE .. I don't know how anyone can choose those bands over Metallica , Even the new Metallica.

thursday
08-17-2004, 11:40 AM
deal, never in any of my posts did i say that dan jacobs are paul from BTBAM are the BEST i said they are good not the BEST there is no BEST guitarist there so many genres of music, and i do have insight ive been playing the guitar for seven years, and mettallica new **** sounds like a version of creed gone metal,some kind of monster, what the hell is that, Atreyu owns NEW metallica, dont get me wrong old metallica was the **** but there new crap is horrible im into the old 6-8 min ballads, the black album IMO was there best ever, St. Angert is just the most horrible peice of music ive ever heard a GOOD band make and deal Atreyu and BTBAM, ARE NOT!! metal bands

DEAL
08-17-2004, 12:05 PM
Originally posted by CEET400ex

This guy just called it Metal.
You didn't disagree with him in your last post.
Its your personal opinion but it seems like some of these kids on here are trying to say that these bands have the BEST metal guitarists, I know you didn't say it.
Not liking St Anger is someones preference but I wish people could understand why the album is so different from others and apreciate it like I do.

YLW400
08-17-2004, 12:10 PM
Angus Young??:p lmao He is a toolbag....

PhilMoore
08-17-2004, 12:11 PM
Vince Gill
Junior Brown
Albert Lee
Randy Rhodes
Zakk Wylde
Chris Olivia

That guy from NITRO, I think his name is Michael Angelo...:p J/K

YLW400
08-17-2004, 12:15 PM
Keith Urban is a heck of a country guitar player...so is Brad Paisley.....

Zakk Wylde is badarse...

300exOH
08-17-2004, 12:18 PM
Forgot one... I doubt many know who he is

Frank Marino:cool:

Jellyrolls
08-17-2004, 02:58 PM
I see alot of people who have no musical knowledge trying to throw band names in here that have very little talent, I mean your favorite guitarist is your own preference but if you go around saying someone is the best without knowing anything about music or how to use a guitar chances are your choice is going to be wrong.
I was the same way until I started to play the guitar and it gave me a whole different outlook on guitarists such as Jimmy Page , Jimi Hendrix, Kirk Hammet and so on.
90% of these bands that are around now-a-dayz will be gone in a year or two anyways because to tell you the truth very few of them have any real talent.
In my opinion the Metal and rock scene has gone to **** in the last 10 years besides those bands from the 60s-70s and 80s still making new music.
the 'rock' scene may have gone to hell but metal is getting alot better IMO

Jellyrolls
08-17-2004, 03:00 PM
if you listened to nevermore and couldnt make out the lyrics..then you have a hearing problem and Nevermore is FAR FAR from garbage...they have one of th ebest guitarists around these days and they have amazing lyrics

another pretty good guitarist is jack johnson

Jellyrolls
08-17-2004, 03:02 PM
and atreyu is not metal they are a hardcore band..and they are also very good......
and children of bodom's singer cant really sing i dont think but he is an amazing guitarists and he sings too to top it off.....thats not that easy...

DEAL
08-17-2004, 04:49 PM
the 'rock' scene may have gone to hell but metal is getting alot better IMO

Metal went from Van Halen, Iron maiden, Black sabbath, METALLICA, etc .. To bands that screech about killing themselves and slitting their wrists and sining about maggots and all that garabage.
Anyone who thinks Metal has gotten better isn't a true guitar player.
These bands don't sing .. they screech and yell , you can't even make out what they are saying, I'd much rather listen to most new rap then listen to most new Metal.

Jellyrolls
08-17-2004, 05:08 PM
you would listen to rap.....

and..please give me a band that sings about wanting to kill themseleves....<---

and buddy since you say if i listen to new metal, i cant play guitar???
try to play some Children of Bodom Alexi is amazing...
umm...listen to the new unearth...the guitar is great....

popo
08-17-2004, 06:01 PM
Jekllyrolls your kinda getten in to this post... Rock on man!

Jellyrolls
08-17-2004, 06:12 PM
lol popo \m/
it just amazes me how people are blind to such amazing music

thursday
08-17-2004, 07:41 PM
how about u do search on the internet for some Atreyu and From Autumn to ashses lyrics, they are the farthest from music talking about killing, YOU deal must have no concept of music, espicially if u like iron maiden, lol, just my opinion

SGA
08-17-2004, 08:05 PM
A small band came through awhile back called Hawthorne Heights.
I thought they were really good and bought their CD after the show. My son cant stand them.
He bought Converge (he thinks their great) tonight and played it on the way home. The music is good, but the lyrics style grate on me. I was ready to jump out the car door.
I do like Thursday and Taking Back Sunday.
I dont mind a bit of screaming in a song, but not the whole thing!

Also I hate Death Metal, or at least the lyrics.
Kill, die, darkness. Thats BS to listen to.

thursday
08-17-2004, 08:15 PM
SGA im with ya, the kinda music i listen to which is screaming is the total opposite of all that BS, and Hawthorne Heights is still around, them TBS are all victory record bands

SGA
08-17-2004, 08:27 PM
Metal went from Van Halen, Iron maiden, Black sabbath, METALLICA, etc .. To bands that screech about killing themselves and slitting their wrists and sining about maggots and all that garabage.
Anyone who thinks Metal has gotten better isn't a true guitar player.
These bands don't sing .. they screech and yell , you can't even make out what they are saying, I'd much rather listen to most new rap then listen to most new Metal.
That has got to be one of the most narrow minded statements I have read on here. I will admit I used to think like you, but took the time to actually listen before I judged and Im glad I did, It opened a whole new genre of music to me.
Heres the lyrics from a band called Poison the well, the song is Nerdy. A screaming, wrist cutting band as you call them. Read the lyrics:

Why do your eyes paralyze me
What makes me feel this way
Just carry me away with silence and heartbeats
As rapid thinking about your embrace
and how it makes me feel
I just want to feel this way forever
Sleep on portraits painted as perfect as you
Why have I been given the chance to fly
When I'm not with you I feel lesser alone
I remember your face / imprinted on angels
Your voice as beautiful / as the sounds of waves
crashing against my heart
Time slows down when you look at me
I'm infatuated with this / infatuated with you
It's so hard for me to understand why
I hadn't found you before don't dull away
hold my hand.

thursday
08-17-2004, 09:07 PM
should done that a long time ago SGA

Atreyu- Lip Gloss and Black

If I gave you pretty enough words.
could you paint a picture of us that works.
an emphasis on function rather than design.
aren't you tired cause I will carry you, on a broken back
and blown out knees, I have been where you are for a while..
Aren't you tired of being weak?
Such rage that you could scream. the stars right out of the sky
And destroy the prettiest starry night. every evening that I die.
I am exhumed just a little less human and a lot more bitter and cold. [x3]
I am exhumed.. just a little less human....
so much more bitter and cold....[repeating]
after all these images of pain, have cut right thru you,
I will kiss every scar, and weep you are not alone...
then I'll show you that place in my chest where my heart still tries to beat.
aren't you tired of being weak?
Such rage that you could scream. the stars right out of the sky
and destroy the prettiest starry night. every evening that I die
live love burn die

yea thats really about killing people to:rolleyes:

CannondaleRider
08-17-2004, 10:37 PM
To the guy that said Chad of CKY, its Ginsburg, Chad Ginsburg:D

My favorite
Linde (Lily) Lazer of HIM

danyeo
08-17-2004, 11:54 PM
The original post said LEAD guitarist. Guys like Adam Jones of Tool doesn't play leads, Kerry King of Slayer can't play a lead to save his life, and a guy like Kirk Hammet is a decent player who happens to be in a great metal band ,but damm ,there are tons of lead players who play circles around Kirk Hammet.

Eddie Van halen
Rhandy Roads
Satch
Steve Vai
George Lynch
Yngwie Malmsteen
Paul Gilbert
John Petrucci
Michael Schenker
Jake E Lee
Vinnie Moore
TOny Macalpine
Steve Morse
Eric Johnson
Warren Haynes
Derek Trucks
Blues Saraceno
Zakk Wylde
The list goes on and on, and yeah, the 80's were the best time for lead guitar playing.

danyeo
08-18-2004, 12:17 AM
Here is a few clips of me playing which i recorded on my PC using Sonar 3. The Bluesy jam clip is a PODXT directly into a soundcard with a backing track i got from someone else and the second clip is a VHTUL amp head on a Marshall 4x12 mic with a Senheisser 609 mic. Now my main stuff is a Black Gibson LP Custom, a 4x12 Marshall cabinet, and a Mesa Boogie MarkIIC+ 60 watt amp head.

http://www.digitalsoundplanet.com/Members/000131743_000020722.mp3

http://www.digitalsoundplanet.com/Members/000131743_000020723.mp3

JTRtrx250r
08-18-2004, 12:20 AM
Originally posted by danyeo
The original post said LEAD guitarist. Guys like Adam Jones of Tool doesn't play leads, Kerry King of Slayer can't play a lead to save his life, and a guy like Kirk Hammet is a decent player who happens to be in a great metal band ,but damm ,there are tons of lead players who play circles around Kirk Hammet.

Eddie Van halen
Rhandy Roads
Satch
Steve Vai
George Lynch
Yngwie Malmsteen
Paul Gilbert
John Petrucci
Michael Schenker
Jake E Lee
Vinnie Moore
TOny Macalpine
Steve Morse
Eric Johnson
Warren Haynes
Derek Trucks
Blues Saraceno
Zakk Wylde
The list goes on and on, and yeah, the 80's were the best time for lead guitar playing. ;) :cool: :macho

Dan_Guetter
08-18-2004, 12:33 AM
bla bla bla

Get your Priorities straight

Jellyrolls
08-18-2004, 05:40 AM
Originally posted by SGA
band called Poison the well

Right on sga.....they are a great band \m/

Motoman440
08-18-2004, 06:37 AM
Anyone ever hear of Allen Holdsworth???

YLW400
08-18-2004, 08:32 AM
Danyeo knows whats up.......

Petrucci
Johnson
Vai...

all awesome guitar players..

Papa Chubby, Tab Benoit....

danyeo
08-18-2004, 09:17 AM
Originally posted by Motoman440
Anyone ever hear of Allen Holdsworth???

HIs music is too "out there" for most people to take, and his playing is just rediculous. He is just far too advanced for his own good. He is probably the fastest player i ever hears along with Shawn Lane.

thursday
08-18-2004, 09:23 AM
danyeo, i want your mesa boogie!! any of u guys like to Frank Zappa play?

Motoman440
08-18-2004, 09:28 AM
HIs music is too "out there" for most people to take, and his playing is just rediculous. He is just far too advanced for his own good. He is probably the fastest player i ever hears along with Shawn Lane.

I used to listen to alot of Holdsworth music back in the early 80's when I played alot. Your right the guy is too far advanced for his own good. LOL!!! He played on some of Bill Brufords solo albums (there were 4 albums if I remember correctly) and those guys could rip it up. There was also a bass player that was awesome but I can't remember his name. This thread gonna cause me to dig out the ole vinyl records when I get home tonight. I sure do miss those days.

thursday
08-18-2004, 09:38 AM
the bass player u are thinking of is it

Jacko Pastoris (sp?)

Motoman440
08-18-2004, 09:46 AM
the bass player u are thinking of is it

Jacko Pastoris (sp?)

I think it is Jeff Berlin. I'm gonna have to check this evening. The Bruford album that I enjoyed is titled "Hells Bells" which is also a song on the album. If ya ever find it on C/D pick it up and listen to it. These guys are unreal!!!

thursday
08-18-2004, 09:48 AM
d/l some jacko pastoris, the guy is amazing

danyeo
08-18-2004, 10:06 AM
danyeo, i want your mesa boogie!! any of u guys like to Frank Zappa play?

http://duet.harmony-central.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=706594

DEAL
08-18-2004, 11:02 AM
you would listen to rap.....

and..please give me a band that sings about wanting to kill themseleves....<---

and buddy since you say if i listen to new metal, i cant play guitar???
try to play some Children of Bodom Alexi is amazing...
umm...listen to the new unearth...the guitar is great....

The guitar isn't great from any of those bands , it is actually go baisic compared to 70-80s metal it makes me sick.
Look at slipknot , many of their lyrics talk about suicide, death and other crap like that which I personally don't want to listen to.
and don't sit and try to tell me they aren't "metal" because as far as I'm concerned none of this "thrash rock metal , punk alternative" whatever you wanna call it is Music.

redrunner
08-18-2004, 11:33 AM
Here is a few clips of me playing which i recorded on my PC using Sonar 3. The Bluesy jam clip is a PODXT directly into a soundcard with a backing track i got from someone else and the second clip is a VHTUL amp head on a Marshall 4x12 mic with a Senheisser 609 mic. Now my main stuff is a Black Gibson LP Custom, a 4x12 Marshall cabinet, and a Mesa Boogie MarkIIC+ 60 watt amp head.

http://www.digitalsoundplanet.com/Members/000131743_000020722.mp3

http://www.digitalsoundplanet.com/Members/000131743_000020723.mp3

Hey you sound a little like Eddie VanHalen on those licks, I mean that in a good way cause he still is a great player.

thursday
08-18-2004, 01:46 PM
danyeo what ya think i should go with? im torn between the Mesa Boogie dual rectifier and the Peavey 5150

Jellyrolls
08-18-2004, 03:11 PM
umm deal...metallica-fade to black seems to be about suicide....<0-----HEY MY NAME IS DEAL AND I JUST GOT OWNED AT SOMETHING I STARTED
and i dont like slipknot even though they have a great drummer....
umm dude if you dont think Children of bodom has a great guiarists...you suck at music...
but yea stop talking

Jellyrolls
08-18-2004, 03:22 PM
umm deal...metallica-fade to black seems to be about suicide....<0-----HEY MY NAME IS DEAL AND I JUST GOT OWNED AT SOMETHING I STARTED
and i dont like slipknot even though they have a great drummer....
umm dude if you dont think Children of bodom has a great guiarists...you suck at music...
but yea stop talking
Dont get me wrong...that is a great song...but i was just beating you at your own game....and i actually owned myself too

DEAL
08-18-2004, 03:45 PM
Fade to black is one song out the millions of other crap that those bands you listen to produce.

Jellyrolls
08-18-2004, 04:03 PM
http://www.allthelyrics.com/lyrics/slipknot/vol_3_the_subliminal_verses/ <--- there is only one (and that is only a maybe) that is about death....same number as tallica....
you should be getting tired of being owned by now

Jellyrolls
08-18-2004, 04:27 PM
js529 if you would look at a post on the 9th page i say 'i dont like slipknot even though they have a great drummer'
i was pointing out to deal that he was wrong about all that they sing about is death..
i dont like them i was making a point..
so next time look before you post

please

thursday
08-19-2004, 06:42 PM
how could i forget...

Tom Morello- Rage against the machine

danyeo
08-19-2004, 11:06 PM
danyeo what ya think i should go with? im torn between the Mesa Boogie dual rectifier and the Peavey 5150

It's really up to you. SOunds like you want a high gain head. I STRONGLY suggest that you try and check out an Engl Powerball. If your going to spend the money on a DUal Recto i would say save up a little more and get an Engl. Brand new Powerballs went for around $1600 but i am not sure if they raised the prices on them. ANyway, i know a lot of guys that wanted a real high gain head and went with the POwerball. 4 channels, a lead boost, and a built in noise gate. And the 4th channel on this thing is SSSSSOOOOO heavy it should be illegal, it's the perfect thrash amp, but ti is capable of other tones as well. Check out this site, this guy Derkek lives in Ft. lauderdale Florida and he is a dealer, i was at his place in march and checked out his amps and he is an extremely cool guy. There are not many Engl dealers around so he ships it right to you, Check out the amp clips on his site.
http://www.rocksolidamps.com/

Tell him danyeo sent you his way!!!!

slicknickz
08-19-2004, 11:31 PM
I'm suprized no one has said Joe Perry from Aerosmith. I've seen him in concert twice and im pretty impressed.