PDA

View Full Version : 2002 Blaster with many mods

hollywood43
08-12-2004, 06:54 AM
I just finished dialing everything in on this quad. Has approximately 5 hours on fresh top end, bored .10 over. Very fast and needs nothing except to be riden. Mods are as follows:

- FMF Gold Series Fatty headpipe and Power Core II silencer
- K&N Filtercharger
- Outerwear airbox lid
- BlasterZone stainless steel engine bolt kit
- ILR billet mag cover
- Wiseco Prolite top end kit (Bored .10 over, moly-coated piston)
- Cometic high-compression head gasket to run 50/50 mix
- ILR porting with exhaust port mod
- Rifled carb by Hollywood Dirt (28mm/30mm bore)
- Lightened flywheel by Hollywood Dirt
- Vito’s reed spacer
- CarbonTech Light reeds
- Vito’s TORS eliminator with idle kit
- Vito’s Needle jet
- Vito’s oil injection block off kit
- Vito’s Racing clutch kit
- DG Alloy Series Front bumper
- White Bros. cross country grab bar
- White Bros. Pro-peg nerf bars w/black nets
- Moose polished handlebars
- Odyssey steering stabilizer
- Blasterzone polished billet handlebar clamp
- Thor crossbar pad
- Renthal grips
- Maier hand guards
- GraphicMX graphics package
- GraphicMX gripper seat cover
- Pro Design tether
- CFM air scoops
- Front Fox Racing Shox dual-rate with new bushings and springs
- Rear shock upgraded with Ohlins internals and Fox reservoir
- Upper a-arms modded for adjustability and to fit Warrior spindles
- A-arm needle bearings
- Magnum Products +2 swingarm with Pivot Works bearings
- RAD Mfg. Tapered bearing carrier with new bearings/seals 2004
- Chrome Banshee rear axle
- Banshee rear disc hub
- Vented, slotted rear disc
- Alloy Specialties axle pinch nut
- TM Designworks chain slider kit
- Yamaha aluminum front wheels, reversed (from Raptor)
- 10x8 Douglas red label aluminum wheels
- 22x10x10 Kenda Klaw rear tires
- Warrior front hydraulic brake system with spindles/hubs new seals/bearings 2004
- Fast Lines steel braided front brake lines (Banshee)
- American Star steel braided rear extended brake line
- Gremica twin opposed piston rear hydraulic brake caliper, 1998 YZ 250 master cylinder and 2002 Yamaha Warrior brake pedal
- Gusseted frame to Trenga Racing specs, powder coated candy blue
- DG Baja full chassis .190 aluminum skid plate
- White Bros. Extreme Fabrications aluminum swingarm skid plate
- IMS large capacity gas tank (white)
- Primary Drive X-Ring 520 chain (102)
- Titax stainless steel rear sprocket 42T, carbon steel front 13T

I built the quad for my wife to ride and she can't quite get the hang of the kick start and staying in the powerband of a 2 stroke. The flaws are as follows: 1) one lower a-arm has a small ding in it, 2) one rear tire has a slow leak around the bead, 3) front bumper is slightly bent (not bad), 4) a couple of small dings in the pipe. No major problems at all but I want to point everything out since I'm very particular about my stuff. Most of the above flaws were present when I purchased the quad last year. I do have the stock tank that will go with the sale. I also have the pump gas head gasket too. The silencer is cut down to a better size and the fenders are trimmed down. All parts were installed within the last year and have only approximately 5 hours on them. Of course the parts that I picked up used (banshee axle, sprocket hub, brake hub, etc.) I'm unsure of the time that they have on them. Everything is freshly powder coated and looks great. I have over $7K in this quad. Will appear in the Cycle Trader today for $3250 or best offer. Please email me at tecate43@sbcglobal.net or PM me and we can talk. I'm located in Plainfield, IL off of I-55 and will help the best that I can for delivery. . Photos are located at http://photos.yahoo.com/~brongiel . If somebody has a nice set of front aftermarket shocks for a Cannondale, 250R, 400EX or Z400 to trade then we can work that into the deal. Thanks!

hollywood43
08-15-2004, 08:30 PM
Nobody is looking for a super-nice Blaster? I would really hate to part out such a nice quad. Willing to listen to any reasonable offers. Nice 400ex, 250r, z400, Cannondale front shocks could be a partial trade. I could easily change the head to run pump gas again if somebody wanted. Also have somebody who wants to trade 20" Holeshots (like new) for the 22" Kendas that are on the back if that makes a difference to anybody. I have the stocker front/rear wheels, tires and tank that will go with it.

QuadJunkies
08-16-2004, 12:32 AM
Originally posted by hollywood43
I just finished dialing everything in on this quad. Has approximately 5 hours on fresh top end, bored .10 over. Very fast and needs nothing except to be riden. Mods are as follows:

- FMF Gold Series Fatty headpipe and Power Core II silencer
- K&N Filtercharger
- Outerwear airbox lid
- BlasterZone stainless steel engine bolt kit
- ILR billet mag cover
- Wiseco Prolite top end kit (Bored .10 over, moly-coated piston)
- Cometic high-compression head gasket to run 50/50 mix
- ILR porting with exhaust port mod
- Rifled carb by Hollywood Dirt (28mm/30mm bore)
- Lightened flywheel by Hollywood Dirt
- Vito’s reed spacer
- CarbonTech Light reeds
- Vito’s TORS eliminator with idle kit
- Vito’s Needle jet
- Vito’s oil injection block off kit
- Vito’s Racing clutch kit
- DG Alloy Series Front bumper
- White Bros. cross country grab bar
- White Bros. Pro-peg nerf bars w/black nets
- Moose polished handlebars
- Odyssey steering stabilizer
- Blasterzone polished billet handlebar clamp
- Thor crossbar pad
- Renthal grips
- Maier hand guards
- GraphicMX graphics package
- GraphicMX gripper seat cover
- Pro Design tether
- CFM air scoops
- Front Fox Racing Shox dual-rate with new bushings and springs
- Rear shock upgraded with Ohlins internals and Fox reservoir
- Upper a-arms modded for adjustability and to fit Warrior spindles
- A-arm needle bearings
- Magnum Products +2 swingarm with Pivot Works bearings
- RAD Mfg. Tapered bearing carrier with new bearings/seals 2004
- Chrome Banshee rear axle
- Banshee rear disc hub
- Vented, slotted rear disc
- Alloy Specialties axle pinch nut
- TM Designworks chain slider kit
- Yamaha aluminum front wheels, reversed (from Raptor)
- 10x8 Douglas red label aluminum wheels
- 22x10x10 Kenda Klaw rear tires
- Warrior front hydraulic brake system with spindles/hubs new seals/bearings 2004
- Fast Lines steel braided front brake lines (Banshee)
- American Star steel braided rear extended brake line
- Gremica twin opposed piston rear hydraulic brake caliper, 1998 YZ 250 master cylinder and 2002 Yamaha Warrior brake pedal
- Gusseted frame to Trenga Racing specs, powder coated candy blue
- DG Baja full chassis .190 aluminum skid plate
- White Bros. Extreme Fabrications aluminum swingarm skid plate
- IMS large capacity gas tank (white)
- Primary Drive X-Ring 520 chain (102)
- Titax stainless steel rear sprocket 42T, carbon steel front 13T

I built the quad for my wife to ride and she can't quite get the hang of the kick start and staying in the powerband of a 2 stroke. The flaws are as follows: 1) one lower a-arm has a small ding in it, 2) one rear tire has a slow leak around the bead, 3) front bumper is slightly bent (not bad), 4) a couple of small dings in the pipe. No major problems at all but I want to point everything out since I'm very particular about my stuff. Most of the above flaws were present when I purchased the quad last year. I do have the stock tank that will go with the sale. I also have the pump gas head gasket too. The silencer is cut down to a better size and the fenders are trimmed down. All parts were installed within the last year and have only approximately 5 hours on them. Of course the parts that I picked up used (banshee axle, sprocket hub, brake hub, etc.) I'm unsure of the time that they have on them. Everything is freshly powder coated and looks great. I have over $7K in this quad. Will appear in the Cycle Trader today for $3250 or best offer. Please email me at tecate43@sbcglobal.net or PM me and we can talk. I'm located in Plainfield, IL off of I-55 and will help the best that I can for delivery. . Photos are located at http://photos.yahoo.com/~brongiel . If somebody has a nice set of front aftermarket shocks for a Cannondale, 250R, 400EX or Z400 to trade then we can work that into the deal. Thanks! Thats a nice Blaster!!!!:eek2: :blah: Good luck!!!

NDAQUAD
08-16-2004, 02:55 PM
ILL TRADE YOU MY 00 XR650R FOR IT SEE MY PICS AT http://www.msnusers.com/2000xr650r pm me and let me know

hollywood43
08-17-2004, 06:59 AM
Thanks, Quadjunkies. I appreciate the compliment. I put a lot of time and money into it to get to this point.

NDAQUAD -- that's a nice 650. Thank you for the offer but I can't make any straight up trades. I promised my wife that I'd be returning the cash that I used to purchase the 4-stroke that I bought to replace the Blaster. Not to mention that I haven't ridden a bike since my KX80 days way back when. I'd probably kill myself! :rolleyes: