PDA

View Full Version : IVe never seen this question come up before......

QuadJunkies
08-12-2004, 12:21 AM
The Serial number sitcker that was on our frame has peeled off............. How do I go about getting another one?????? Its has the Idaho state seal on it and if GOD forbid it got stolenor wrecked, for insurance reasons of course,I need that on there........Any ideas???? My dealer said MAYBE the DMV??? But its not Persay"registered " like with plates or anything,but It does have an offroad sticker....... We need to put it back on after its Powder Coated this week....
Looks like when they shipped us the new frame (the manufacturer.IT was under warrenty)the manufacter tried to tape it on orginally.,so it was never on good in the first place........:rolleyes: Thanks for your help....... :)

PismoGuy400
08-12-2004, 12:34 AM
good question.. dmv would have the number, but a replacement..? :confused:

that is a good question,...i dont even know if mine is still on there..thanks for pointing it out:D

Braff1
08-12-2004, 12:48 AM
you are talking about the one on your predator I presume.

If you look on the left side lower frame rail you will see it etched in. It is hard to read but it should be there.

QuadJunkies
08-12-2004, 12:51 AM
Originally posted by Braff1
you are talking about the one on your predator I presume.

If you look on the left side lower frame rail you will see it etched in. It is hard to read but it should be there. Yes...its the Predator....;) So, how do you read it after its Powder coated??? Do I REALLY need the foil like sticker that was on it originally??? i just dont want to do the wrong thing and get it replaced asap if I need to..:)

86350x
08-12-2004, 01:24 AM
Well I had to go get a new title made for my banshee, it was a bunch of b.s. And if you have to get a new sticker, get it powdercoated first. "It has to be in a viewable area"

If I break my frame or whatever, I have to go through the whole process all over again.

Then again this could be a michigan thing again..............................

:rolleyes:

QuadJunkies
08-12-2004, 01:31 AM
Originally posted by 86350x
Well I had to go get a new title made for my banshee, it was a bunch of b.s. And if you have to get a new sticker, get it powdercoated first. "It has to be in a viewable area"

If I break my frame or whatever, I have to go through the whole process all over again.

Then again this could be a michigan thing again..............................

:rolleyes: So....What if its still financed?????:huh I dont have the title.......... God knows I WISH it was paid off....

Braff1~~~This has no engraved Serial # because it was a 2004 reaplacement frame that was under warrenty......:confused:

86350x
08-12-2004, 01:34 AM
Originally posted by QuadJunkies
So....What if its still financed?????:huh I dont have the title.......... God knows I WISH it was paid off....

Braff1~~~This has no engraved Serial # because it was a 2004 reaplacement frame that was under warrenty......:confused:

I paid cash for mine bud, not sure. Check with the dealer, they should have paper work for it.

Do you have the original frame by chance?

If the serial # on the engine casing matches, they'll probrably give you a new sticker without too many problems.

Mine also had a frame replacement, like I said had to have a new title made. It's retarded:rolleyes:

FastHonda400ex
08-12-2004, 02:33 AM
QJ,

You could get a piece of clear vinyl from like a sign shop just a little bigger than the foil sticker you need to put back on and lay the clear vinyl on top of it and stick it to the frame. I used to work in a sign shop for a few years and it worked great for me to attach a ORV sticker back onto my quad a while back.

crday98
08-12-2004, 08:13 AM
before you have it powder coated,i would make sure the SN is etched or stamped in an inconspicuous area on the frame where nobody would think of looking.(part of the frame covered by a skid plate or somewhere it would not commonly be seen once the quad is fully assembled).if it were ever stolen and the thief would remove the sticker,you would be back to square one trying to prove it was yours.

QuadJunkies
08-12-2004, 10:26 AM
Originally posted by 86350x
I paid cash for mine bud, not sure. Check with the dealer, they should have paper work for it.

Do you have the original frame by chance?

If the serial # on the engine casing matches, they'll probrably give you a new sticker without too many problems.

Mine also had a frame replacement, like I said had to have a new title made. It's retarded:rolleyes: As far as the orginal frame.No It has to be sent back to Polaris when they warrenty. Dealers have no clue on this one.....:grr: So.....

I called DMV, they referred me to the"seal of Idaho sticker guy":p who is an investigator .I am waiting for a call back.they wanted me to bring it to there office and I told them it is LITERALLY in pieces right now and cant do that,so we may arrange for them to come to my house and see it in the Garabge, that would work nicely if they will do that since all my proof of purchase and warrenty papers are here:) Sounds like it gonna be a REALLY BIG pain in the butt for that dumb sticker.. Maybe they should come up with a better solution for those things so theres less of a headache....:confused:

QuadJunkies
08-12-2004, 10:29 AM
Originally posted by FastHonda400ex
QJ,

You could get a piece of clear vinyl from like a sign shop just a little bigger than the foil sticker you need to put back on and lay the clear vinyl on top of it and stick it to the frame. I used to work in a sign shop for a few years and it worked great for me to attach a ORV sticker back onto my quad a while back. Thatss a great idea, Im just not sure if this old one is even legable anymore,its torn pretty badly :(

Crday98~~~ How can I do that??? I cant imagine me having it engraved in the frame would be legal for me to do...???? Is IT???? Maybe it is........:confused:

crday98
08-12-2004, 11:23 AM
Originally posted by QuadJunkies
Crday98~~~ How can I do that??? I cant imagine me having it engraved in the frame would be legal for me to do...???? Is IT???? Maybe it is........:confused: i don't see how it wouldn't be legal as long as you are stamping it with the original vin# of the quad.this actually sounds like something your dealer or polaris should be taking care of.if their defective part failed and that part was the only thing that contained the only information on how to properly identify the vehicle,it should be their responsibility to ensure the new part contains the same information and not just a sticker that sounds like it was attached half-azzed to your new frame.if they had a hard time coming up with a way to attach the original one,the should have had a new one printed or found other means to make sure it was easily identified.i agree with you,i still don't understand why they are going with stickers these days that can be easily removed and make it more difficult for the owner to recover their atv if were to be stolen.i know if i were an insurance company,i would be more satisfied if the vin was stamped into the metal of the frame instead of a sticker.back in the day,it might not have been much of a big deal but now(in most places)the state requires you to have a valid registration and insurance, so the manufacturers should make sure their product is properly identifiable in all circumstances.it sounds like your dealer is passing the buck.though,they are not at fault,they should be the ones standing behind their product and contacting all the necessary organizations to correct this,whether it be polaris,the dmv,or the idaho sticker guy:D . let us know how you make out. ;)

QuadJunkies
08-12-2004, 12:31 PM
Originally posted by crday98
i don't see how it wouldn't be legal as long as you are stamping it with the original vin# of the quad.this actually sounds like something your dealer or polaris should be taking care of.if their defective part failed and that part was the only thing that contained the only information on how to properly identify the vehicle,it should be their responsibility to ensure the new part contains the same information and not just a sticker that sounds like it was attached half-azzed to your new frame.if they had a hard time coming up with a way to attach the original one,the should have had a new one printed or found other means to make sure it was easily identified.i agree with you,i still don't understand why they are going with stickers these days that can be easily removed and make it more difficult for the owner to recover their atv if were to be stolen.i know if i were an insurance company,i would be more satisfied if the vin was stamped into the metal of the frame instead of a sticker.back in the day,it might not have been much of a big deal but now(in most places)the state requires you to have a valid registration and insurance, so the manufacturers should make sure their product is properly identifiable in all circumstances.it sounds like your dealer is passing the buck.though,they are not at fault,they should be the ones standing behind their product and contacting all the necessary organizations to correct this,whether it be polaris,the dmv,or the idaho sticker guy:D . let us know how you make out. ;) Im going to take ALL the quads to an Engraver when its all said and done and have them engrave the Vin#;s in a hidden spot on all of them .....:)

JRDrider22
08-12-2004, 01:03 PM
we stamped mine into my frame right in between where my front bumper mounts are

Braff1
08-12-2004, 01:36 PM
don't know about Idaho, but here you have to apply for lost title. Then have the machine inspected by a state trooper. he signs a form and then you must get the frame stamped, most machine shops will have the stamping tool. then return and he verifies and then you send you paper work off to the BMV for your new tiltle.