View Full Version : rewiring headlight to work off toggle switch

Braff1
08-11-2004, 11:00 PM
anyone try this? If so tell me how.

Striker49
08-11-2004, 11:17 PM
Originally posted by Braff1
anyone try this? If so tell me how.

I looked into doing this with my lights, but I had the idea of wiring it up inside the control mount on the bars. Waste of time cause everything is soldered(sp) together and is a big mess. On the other hand, if Im not mistaken, all you need is to purchase two male connectors and plug them into the male recievers for the front lights. One should be power, other ground...all plug and play and should be rather simple.
I may redo my lights tomorrow now that youve got me thinkin bout it. :)

Braff1
08-12-2004, 12:55 AM
well, when I hook the white wire to the ground (which should turn on the light) it blows the fuse. It is acting like the white wire is hot. According to my book the brown wire is the tail light, white-high beam, blue low beam, and the black ground wire.

Striker49
08-12-2004, 01:20 AM
One of your power wires is grounding out somewhere is what it sounds like...mmmm. Tell ya what, Ill get up in the mornin and rewire mine and see what I come up with and then Ill let ya know somin. Just run yer wires and make sure yer not groundin out somewhere. Still sounds odd and Im sure you are connecting right. Ill try to get back to ya tomorrow on what i find.

Doibugu2
08-12-2004, 06:42 AM
are you using a 3 way switch? One for you highs and one low.

Braff1
08-12-2004, 09:01 AM
yep got a 3 way switch. I just can't run the wires for the high beam without blowing fuses.

Striker49
08-12-2004, 01:10 PM
I had no luck, ran into the same problem as you and Im not sure why. I had no problem with the ground, but when I tried wiring into the power, fuse blew. Im lost. Maybe Im lookin over somin, I dunno. For now mine is back to the way I had it direct through the battery on a toggle switch and inline fuse.