PDA

View Full Version : Opinions For Boots? (Not riding boots)

310Rduner
08-11-2004, 09:48 PM
What kind of boots do you guys prefer? I want to get the most comfortable boot that is around $120,and is great quality. I don't need it for a work boot, so it doesn't have to be steel toe or such. Waterproof/resistent would be a definate plus. I prefer something that is a little simpler looking, that would make for a good urban boot. This will be my everday shoe as I am just sort of tired with tennis shoes and their lack of sturdiness.

I have looked at Dr Martens and liked a couple of theirs. I've also looked at cats and liked the alaska, sheffield, boundary and colorado models.

I've reallly liked the look of the Danner boots, specifically the 6" patrol, and blackhawk2's . Also the 4.5"strikers. I've heard that the danners are an incredible boot for comfort and quality?

I'm most interested to hear what you guys have to say about the danners, and whether you know any sites with great deals, and what stores stock them that I could try on?

diesel-mech
08-12-2004, 01:46 AM
I like "work one" boots with comfort nonslip sole and steeltoe. They are very comfortable! also caralina's are good too. (same package of stuff). Not the logger boots, I mean1/4 calf boots
I always put insoles in my boots. That makes a big difference.
I really don't like cat boots! they build a great diesel but a ****ty boot.

mud390
08-12-2004, 02:31 AM
I've got a pair of Doc Martins and they are the most comfortable pair of boots I've owned! You might want to look into Timberland boots. They have some nice stuff. My vote would go for the Doc's first though.

Kris

lil400exman
08-12-2004, 07:37 AM
a little more expensive but some of the toughest/most comfortable boots i have ever owned. besides they look mucho tough. i got a friend that can get them for 200 bucks for me. at first i thought the price was high but after having a single pair for 4 years wearing almost everyday i can attest to the quality!

by the way its the boot at the bottom of the page.

http://www.fwlsp.com/search_results.asp?txtsearchParamType=ALL&txtsearchParamCat=4&txtsearchParamMan=ALL&txtsearchParamVen=ALL&txtDateAddedStart=&txtPriceEnd=&txtPriceStart=&txtSale=&txtsearchParamTxt=*&txtFromSearch=&subcat=174&iLevel=2&txtCatName=2

quadrcr161
08-12-2004, 07:54 AM
DOC's, i use to wear timberlands all the time till i got a pair of DOC's, i wont go back.

MotoX3
08-12-2004, 08:14 AM
i got a pair of docs and they are excellent....i would get them...:D

310Rduner
08-12-2004, 05:05 PM
Alright, I find a store around here with the model of docs, I like and see how they are;)

I've also found some danner dealers around here and am pretty excited to see these. From everything I've read online, they are the top choice in boots by almost everyone in the military or police officers and will last a freaking lifetime. I like their casual 5" boot, and their work boot that is pretty similiar in looks but with some better features. Have to try em on and some doc's. Thanks guys.

K2Snow
08-12-2004, 05:29 PM
Being from the East Coast I'm kinda partial to Timberland. I have a pair of black Tims now that I wear riding, sturdy as hell and have taken a ton of abuse. Bought a pair of Lugz awhile back that I really like. They look pretty close to the "Strutt" model on this page: http://www.lugz.com/geargallery/boots.html

I see a lot of Lugz out here on the West Coast. I always wear boots or a solid white K-Swiss shoe.

250xridamatt
08-12-2004, 06:15 PM
i have three pairs of docs. Sandals, dress shoes, and low cut boots. I love them all, the boots i got from my brother and they are 4 years old. They are still in great shape. Just take good care of them with that doc marten polish stuff and ur good to go.

jasoncarr25
08-12-2004, 11:09 PM
lace up ropers.

Jingle 11
08-13-2004, 12:54 AM
i wear my rocky boots alot they are awsome. they are my hunting boots though. i paid 175 for them with like 650 grain insulation.