PDA

View Full Version : LT 250r

TheFontMaster
08-11-2004, 03:44 PM
How do you guys like the lt 250r's? I might be getting one, and I want to know a little more about them, and also post pics of some of your LT's

Thanks, Andrew

Juggalo
08-11-2004, 04:33 PM
i liked my old one. it was fast. it broke down a lot tho but that was prob my fault cuz i never took care of it and didnt know what i was doing and didnt know how anything worked back then

TheFontMaster
08-13-2004, 06:24 PM
bump

Anyone else got any more info on theses machines?

WOracing
08-13-2004, 07:26 PM
not my choice of the R but...i would rather have a honda 250r;)

the lt250rs are fast as **** though when there running

LTandRaptorider
08-13-2004, 07:32 PM
I've had my 92 LT for about 6 years now, and love it. And don't know where some people come up with them not holding up or running too well... :rolleyes: No worse than any other 2-stroke, yes they do require more maintenance. My biggest complaint would be the frame... I've had 2 frames crack on me, but then I didn't buy it to putt around on. If you're looking to get one, go with 88 and up... 91-2 they changed the rear suspension also.

bansheeguy77
08-13-2004, 08:25 PM
my friend had one it seems that he was always having problems with it...especially the frame and suspension. not good jumpers either. but they are fast and good hillclimbers.....just from what ive seen tho never owned one

Guy400
08-14-2004, 05:22 AM
I've had 2-88's, an 87 and a '92. The best combination would be the '87 engine in a '92 chassis. The '87 engine was different from all other years. It used a different head, piston and intake boot than the '88+ and made more power (albeit fractionally). However, the '91-'92 chassis went to a conventional rear shock setup and gussets were added at the factory. I had great luck with all my LT's and had rock-solid reliability. My uncle bought his LT brand new in 1987. I bought it off him in 2002 and it was still bone stock (even to the tires). I added some new rubber, a Dominator axle and handlebars. I sold it to 4punksdad (Joe) and he continued to ride it. That 2-stroke had never been touched in 17 years until Joe rebuilt it earlier this spring. Here's what it looked like when I sold it to Joe. Mind you, those are the original plastics, seat, front tires, etc. The only things I put on it were the bars, axle and rear tires. I still had the original parts and gave them to Joe in a box.

Guy400
08-14-2004, 05:25 AM
And here's my '92 sitting in the garage halfway being reconstructed. I thought I'd see what a Quadracer would look like after cartwheeling down a 80 foot hillclimb...bad idea:o

redroost85
08-14-2004, 08:55 AM
Wow!:eek2: Those are some great, classic pics of the LT's, that first one looks beautiful!

Those pics sure do take me back. I remember back in the day when a guy up the road just got a brand new one....sheesh, did that thing run like a raped ape!:eek:

Needless to say my 250x.........well, you get the idea.:o