PDA

View Full Version : TRX90 5.5" Widening Kit-Not A-Arms or Spacers

Oouthere
08-11-2004, 02:27 PM
This may well help bring the TRX90 to a new level at an economical price. The kit moves the mounting points of the a-arms out 5 1/2". You can also use the 250ex or 300ex shocks and get increased travel.

About time something new came along that can make a big difference!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=2486632177&category=43974

Rich

Oouthere
08-16-2004, 06:57 PM
I purchased one for $106 plus $18 shipping. I'll let you know how it works out.

Rich

crazy1
08-16-2004, 08:18 PM
i would love to get my hands on a set or maybe just see how it was design.really need something for my kids trx90.i guess if i had my own machine shop i could make....yeah right lol:D

Oouthere
08-17-2004, 08:59 AM
I thought about making it also but after weighing material cost, running around time and building time it made sense for me to simply purchase the kit.

I will be removing the swingarm and have it lengthened by 2"-3", haven't decide how much yet. This should be a very stable little quad!

Rich

oldyeller
08-17-2004, 07:18 PM
Wow looks like a great deal! Too bad there aren't similiar kits for all mini's.It would be great to be able to use stock A arms and stock type long travel shocks to keep costs down.:cool:

shoey
08-17-2004, 07:41 PM
So how did you find this one for such a a good price?

Oouthere
08-17-2004, 09:35 PM
Just make a reasonable bid, $100 should do, and even if you don't win he'll give you a "buy it now" offer with your highest bid price. The winning bid was over $200 so I think I got a bargain price.

If it's a scam I'll also let you know....

Rich

shoey
08-17-2004, 11:04 PM
Thanks, I am very interested in these. They seem to be the best thing for 90s so far. What shocks are you going to use?

Oouthere
08-18-2004, 10:43 AM
I forgot to mention that the guy selling 1.5" spacers on ebay for $55 also has the 2.5" spacers for the same price. I e-mailed him for the information and he said just to put in remarks that you'd like the 2.5" instead of the 1.5". We have those installed on the rear with no problems as the axle seems to be over engineered.

I'll be using the stock shocks for now but will be upgrading to the 300EX shocks in the future. We're currently running the stock 20" front tires and 18" in the rear but intend on dropping to 16" on the front and let the 300ex shocks suck-up the lost clearance.

Here's a link for the tires:

http://anngibson.com/midcal/products.html

Rich

Pappy
08-18-2004, 10:48 AM
the biggest problem with that set up that i can see is that it will throw the front end all out of wack. the stiffer shocks (16 inch) will continually force the front end down (or frame up)and the camber will be so bad it actually could be very unstable at speed.

we run elka front shocks on our 90 with 1 inch wheel spacers and its an awesome combo. there is increased bumpsteer but wider arms and ditching the spacers will help that

Oouthere
08-18-2004, 10:59 AM
Pappy, you may be right but the designer of the kits says when a rider is on board the camber problem disappears.

Before I buy a set of shocks does anyone know of an aftermarket supplier for springs that can be self installed?

Thanks,

Rich

Pappy
08-18-2004, 11:03 AM
id be suspect with a lighter rider, ive had the correct shock throw off the front end and even the rear simply because it was too stiff (wrong set up)

phaster
08-18-2004, 11:32 PM
Would you happen to know if these spacers would fit on the Predator 90???

spacers (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=2487048222&category=43981&sspagename=WDVW)

TY

Oouthere
08-19-2004, 11:16 AM
I sent him an e-mail and here is the reply:

Hi Rich,

Thanks for the inquiry. I do believe they fit the Polaris 90, but am not 100% sure. If you could verify the thread size on the 90 we could send you out the proper kit. There are so many machines that sometimes we don't have all the info we need. I tried to contact our local dealership, but they were less than helpful and could not give me the information I requested. We do have spacers for all machines, we just need to know which kit to send. Sorry for any inconvenience.

Many Thanks,

Andi
815-678-2900
----- Original Message -----

phaster
08-19-2004, 01:49 PM
The only thing I do Know is that the Pred is 4/110 all around. I am going to try and find out the thread size. I will let you know.

TY for inquiring for me, Outthere.

Redpower
08-25-2004, 10:01 PM
We ran a race down in Texas on Aug. 22nd and a kid showed up with one of these setups and I am here to tell you it was not impressive. The kid did not seem to be a real aggressive rider and he bent the upper right shock bracket on the first moto and the caster and camber was indeed a problem all day. If your running on motocross tracks this setup does not seem to be able to take the abuse.

Oouthere
08-26-2004, 06:50 PM
Hi Red,

The kit came today and builder did double the shock mount so it looks like he's working out the bugs.

I installed it and took her out for a spin, feels pretty good. We decided to keep the 1.5" spacers on the front and installed the rims normally instead of flipped.

While at Walley World today I found some 480 x 8 wheel barrow tires that look about 18" tall for $15.00 each. I might give those a try on the front......

Rich

Redpower
08-26-2004, 08:47 PM
Are you really going to put wheel barrow tires on the front? If you race on motorcross tracks it might look like a beach ball bounncing around out there:D

Oouthere
08-26-2004, 09:02 PM
Shoot, I'd put a Bozo the clown nose on the front if it would help ;)

Rich

shoey
08-27-2004, 06:13 PM
Hey Oouthere did your kit come with the right tie rod extenders? my kit had SAE threaded extenders and I am waiting for a response from the kit builder for a couple of days now. Also found a problem that should be fixed, The place where the brackets bolt to the frame will fail the way he designed it. It needs to have either spacers inside the factory brackets or four short bolts instead of the two long bolts. this refers to where the a arm pivot brackets attached. let me know if you want more detail.

Oouthere
08-27-2004, 06:59 PM
Hi Shoey,

I believe in the instructions it stated they were two different threads and to only install them until they become tight. I also believe he should have included spacers for the a arm frame mounts but that's easy enough to make for a few dollars.

With only a few more improvements he'll have a nice kit for sale.

Rich

XJJack
09-07-2004, 01:58 PM
I just made somthing very simalar to this for my wifes 250EX, it made a big difference. I want to make a new set that looks better before I take pics, but was also thinking of do some for my sons 90.