PDA

View Full Version : question

300extreme#8
08-10-2004, 10:43 PM
i just ordered a hmf pipe, i'm gettin a hrc kit as soon as i sell the white bros, and i was wonderin how good that set up is, plus i was thinkin bout changin piston size ,maybe to 12:1 or something,and for u guys who race mx should i take my swing arm skid plate off,my parents aren't much into the racin and don't understand y some people do certain stuff,and my dad keeps sayin u better not take it off b/c ur chain will hit and all that naggin stuff that gets on ur nerves,but i'm just lookin for answers before i make it 4sure.and how good does the race gas do with all these mods.??????????? thanks abunch

dn1911
08-11-2004, 11:22 PM
i'm not a racer but since no one else has answered you i will try to give u some insight.

the HMF pipe is a great pipe, and the HRC cam is a good cam and will work well with the pipe. i however don't think that i would pay the money for the whole kit because you wont need the end cap, and if your planning on racing MX you don't need an airbox lid either. i would try to find just the cam or order a sparks or hotcams instead. if you use the search feature you'll find all kinds of info on cams and engine setups. also any of these cams with a higher compression piston will also work well together and with the HMF pipe.

as for taking the skid plate off, well if you ONLY race MX then o ahead but if you do any recreational or trail riding i would leave it on. it only weighs a couple of pounds at the most.

WhiteZee
08-14-2004, 03:29 PM
i would just stick with the pipe and cam, its already fast enuff, theres no reason to get a higher compression piston.

if you run 18'' tires, and ONLY on a MX track, its ok to take your skid plate off because sometimes you way bottom out with the skid plate on.

WOracing
08-14-2004, 05:21 PM
Originally posted by 300extreme#8
i just ordered a hmf pipe, i'm gettin a hrc kit as soon as i sell the white bros, and i was wonderin how good that set up is, plus i was thinkin bout changin piston size ,maybe to 12:1 or something,and for u guys who race mx should i take my swing arm skid plate off,my parents aren't much into the racin and don't understand y some people do certain stuff,and my dad keeps sayin u better not take it off b/c ur chain will hit and all that naggin stuff that gets on ur nerves,but i'm just lookin for answers before i make it 4sure.and how good does the race gas do with all these mods.??????????? thanks abunch

sounds like my dad:( :rolleyes:

RedRaider
08-14-2004, 05:49 PM
You can't go wrong with an HMF pipe. They are good pipes.